Weather

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like some cold weather is moving in this week, so I probably won’t be able to swim for a few days. They say north Alabama will get a hard freeze, but not that cold down here.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Looks like some cold weather is moving in this week, so I probably won’t be able to swim for a few days. They say north Alabama will get a hard freeze, but not that cold down here.

Can you leave water in your pool all year round? - have to heat it sometimes or no?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can you leave water in your pool all year round? - have to heat it sometimes or no?
Just leave it since there’s no chance of it freezing. Last year on the west side of the bay we had one hard freeze overnight. That didn’t happen on this side of the bay.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Got my first "Start Pending - Please Wait" notice on my dash this morning.

This is my first truck with the push button start, so it won't start until it is good and ready, Probably a good thing since I tended to miss the little Glow Plug icon on the dash most times.

We do. Just hit it with a lot of chlorine. put RV anti-freeze in the pipes/pump/filter and hope it makes it through ;)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
man the air sicks. been 150 all week today its worse. better then when it was 500 but still more then my wife can handle.
Show weather in My Location.jpg

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not great around Seattle either. Everyone in the house (including the cat) has some sort of issues with smoke and allergies, so we keep stuff closed and run the HVAC fan for a bit every hour to try to get any smoke that does get into the house captured into the air filter.

A9206248-5676-46B1-95E0-0CAF1A1B6C0D.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's really worth watching the whole thing, but if you'd like to just see 2 pics of before and peak, check out the spoiler below ...

1666366668537.png

1666366721962.png

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's really worth watching the whole thing, but if you'd like to just see 2 pics of before and peak, check out the spoiler below ...

Looks a lot like Biloxi after Katrina, only all the trees, power poles, and buildings were gone in addition to the streets being flooded.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
We've had a drought here in BC. We've been calling this month Augtober as it's been summer-like temps through the first half of it.

I read that Mission, BC had only had 2mm of rain since July?!?! :eek:

Well, those constant days of warm sunshine have finally come to an end.

IMG_0951.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We've had a drought here in BC. We've been calling this month Augtober as it's been summer-like temps through the first half of it.

I read that Mission, BC had only had 2mm of rain since July?!?! :eek:

Well, those constant days of warm sunshine have finally come to an end.

View attachment 18539

That's a nice run, looks like it's time to bust out some games, music, prep for some indoor fun :)

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Seattle having >80F temperatures in October is not something I really remember since we moved here in the late 80s. Getting some rain and more normal temperatures for this time of year is very welcome.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Here's our status for the next few, pretty stellar, in fact, I'm headed out for a ride :D

IMG_2135.PNG

Note that on Saturday we have pasta ...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We still haven’t had any significant rain in over a month. But the weather is perfect. Currently 72 with an expected high of 77.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
We are having unusually long extension of Indian Summer weather here, even though just now it has gone into a pattern of a cloudy or foggy inversion. So foggy today it didn't even clear off until after noon. The daytime temperatures are in the mid-to-high 60sºF range and lows only sometimes dipping into mid-40s.

Of course when it does clear off around sunset on a few days then it's way colder at night but even then to have it only in the high 20s or mid 30s is strange. In the past it has been much more common to have had hard freezes overnight since mid-September. Not complaining but it makes one wonder when the hammer will fall and time to turn on the heat!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was. 74 when I got up this morning. It’s only 78 now (noon) because there is no sun. The sky is as grey as can be. We even had a few sprinkles this morning. Not enough to say it rained, but enough to wet the plants. It’s incredibly windy though, and my new chimes are wonderful. Volume up!

Top Bottom
1 2