What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Just finished the final season 3 of Lost in Space (Netflix). Somewhere, I felt like the story lost its edge and my devotion, a little too quick, convenient, and contrived. 🤔
I still enjoyed it for what it was: pure escapism. But I felt the season was about 2 episodes too short. The latest trend of only 8 episodes for a series season makes me bonkers. I like time to climb inside a season and live there for awhile.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just finished the final season 3 of Lost in Space (Netflix). Somewhere, I felt like the story lost its edge and my devotion, a little too quick, convenient, and contrived. 🤔
I liked that they dialed Dr Smith back a bit, you have to wonder if they listened to online feedback because she literally made the show unwatchable in the first two seasons, to the point my wife and I had an arrangement that I would keep watching as long as we could fast forward through her scenes.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I liked that they dialed Dr Smith back a bit, you have to wonder if they listened to online feedback because she literally made the show unwatchable in the first two seasons, to the point my wife and I had an arrangement that I would keep watching as long as we could fast forward through her scenes.
I actually like that aspect a lot was Dr. smith finding her humanity. I also knew that for ever dastardly deed, she would find payback. :)

I really dislike how practically every technical obstacle was fixed as no big deal, in some cases what appeared as tremendous damage, no worries Judy or Will will fix it. No I’m not jealous. 😝

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I still enjoyed it for what it was: pure escapism. But I felt the season was about 2 episodes too short. The latest trend of only 8 episodes for a series season makes me bonkers. I like time to climb inside a season and live there for awhile.
Yeah, very different from the original series, when a season ran for anywhere from 24-30 episodes.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
5EC2FDFA-B4DF-43D7-AED3-7D5E3A2C35A6.jpeg

Hanna (2019-21 Prime Video)- Just finished season 3 of this excellent story, but not perfect. The last season was a little disjointed and all along I’ve said if Hanna has a flaw in fight scenes, it did not always look like she was projecting the physical force required to accomplish the results. However, she did not miss with a gun which was ok with me. :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
GOT is leagues better than this, from the overall class of the actors to adherence to the books (as long as possible…) to the music, the effects, just everything.
Ref: Wheel of Time, caught episodes 1&2 and I agree not in the same league, but I’ll,continue a bit longer. For anyone not familiar:

The Wheel of Time follows Moiraine, a member of the Aes Sedai, a powerful organization of women who can channel the One Power. With her Warder, Lan, she seeks a group of five young villagers from the secluded Two Rivers, believing one of them is the reincarnation of the Dragon, an extremely powerful channeller who broke the world. The Dragon Reborn is prophesied to either save the world from a primordial evil known as the Dark One, or break it once more

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm rewatching the PBS Masterpiece series Wolf Hall, based on the first two novels in Hilary Mantel's trilogy about Cromwell. Mark Rylance is brilliant in that thing. He's in almost every scene and often says practically nothing but tells all (to the viewer, not necessarily to the other characters) with his eyes and shape of his mouth, tilt of head or motion of a hand or an arm.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Last night I finished For All Mankind S2. Now looking forward to S3 but it probably won't be released until May/June. They completed filming in September of 2021 but this show requires a lot of post.
I was uncomfortable with the premise until I became vested in the characters, and adapted to the alternate reality, now I’m looking forward to season 3 too! :)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Book of Boba Fett. Anyone else think the casting choice is odd for our main character?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The Book of Boba Fett. Anyone else think the casting choice is odd for our main character?

He has been Boba Fett going way back maybe 20 years. Most of those were voice parts in the animated series or video games, but he was Boba Fett in The Madolorian. And he kind of looks like the adult version of the kid in Attack of the Clones picking up his dad's helmet.

At least they showed how he survived the Sarlacc pit.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
He has been Boba Fett going way back maybe 20 years. Most of those were voice parts in the animated series or video games, but he was Boba Fett in The Madolorian. And he kind of looks like the adult version of the kid in Attack of the Clones picking up his dad's helmet.

At least they showed how he survived the Sarlacc pit.
Yeah, I was aware, but I think I would have chosen differently. I’m not the biggest Star Wars fan however, so I tend to judge the franchise harshly.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have nothing against the actor playing Boba Fett. But seriously, when will Ming-Na Wen get to star in her own show where she can be the chief badass?!

Top Bottom
1 2