What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Netflix series on glass blowing? We watched a glass blowing exhibit while we were in St. Pete and it was magical. My brother and sister-in-law have been watching the Netflix series, and we'll catch up now. I can watch glass blowing for hours.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Netflix series on glass blowing? We watched a glass blowing exhibit while we were in St. Pete and it was magical. My brother and sister-in-law have been watching the Netflix series, and we'll catch up now. I can watch glass blowing for hours.
If you’re talking about the competition one, then yes I saw part of it. There were some cool pieces, but also some real head-scratchers. The process was much more complex than I realized, with multiple cooling ovens that cool at different rates...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you’re talking about the competition one, then yes I saw part of it. There were some cool pieces, but also some real head-scratchers. The process was much more complex than I realized, with multiple cooling ovens that cool at different rates...
That is the one. Yes, glass blowing is an extreme art that can rarely be done solo.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Absolutely loved this show but the uber stuffy judge and the person they chose as the winner was the most utter bullshit I have ever seen. I won't spoil it if you're still watching but if there is another season with those same judges I just won't watch again.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Absolutely loved this show but the uber stuffy judge and the person they chose as the winner was the most utter bullshit I have ever seen. I won't spoil it if you're still watching but if there is another season with those same judges I just won't watch again.
The day we saw the glass blowing demo, we all sat out on the veranda of our B&B and watched episode 1 of season 2 on my sister-in-law's laptop. (Not optimal, but it was fun.) Generally I despise reality shows and don't watch them, but I'd like to watch this just to see what they all make.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The day we saw the glass blowing demo, we all sat out on the veranda of our B&B and watched episode 1 of season 2 on my sister-in-law's laptop. (Not optimal, but it was fun.) Generally I despise reality shows and don't watch them, but I'd like to watch this just to see what they all make.
oh so there is a season 2 now? I'll have to look. Did you finish season 1 then so we can talk about it?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible (Pluto TV), which I find more enjoyable than the movies because the concentration is not on action but the intricate plot. We know the mission, but only the outlines of how they’re going to lay the trap.

It’s enjoyable even though the idea of American spies nation-building by running around the world secretly subverting banana republic despots and Balkan dictators is hopelessly out of style.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Mission: Impossible (Pluto TV), which I find more enjoyable than the movies because the concentration is not on action but the intricate plot. We know the mission, but only the outlines of how they’re going to lay the trap.

It’s enjoyable even though the idea of American spies nation-building by running around the world secretly subverting banana republic despots and Balkan dictators is hopelessly out of style.
Still one of my favorite older shows to watch, couldn't agree more that it's all about the setup and the lengths they go through to pull off the jobs. Even though a lot of it was far fetched it was still fun to watch. There are some segments that lasted for minutes where Greg Morris was just setting things up without a word being said. Very cool and something you'll never see in today's TV shows.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
oh so there is a season 2 now? I'll have to look. Did you finish season 1 then so we can talk about it?
There is a season 2. I've only watched the first episode of S2. I had a bunch of shows to catch up on when I got back from the FL trip.
Still one of my favorite older shows to watch, couldn't agree more that it's all about the setup and the lengths they go through to pull off the jobs. Even though a lot of it was far fetched it was still fun to watch. There are some segments that lasted for minutes where Greg Morris was just setting things up without a word being said. Very cool and something you'll never see in today's TV shows.
Ever watch Leverage?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
There is a season 2. I've only watched the first episode of S2. I had a bunch of shows to catch up on when I got back from the FL trip.

Ever watch Leverage?
Okay, got it. I have not seen Leverage yet but will look into to see if it's my kind of show. So it looks like the glass show is Blown Away, right? The first season had the stuffy pretentious lady as one of the judges, if she's still there then I'm out.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, got it. I have not seen Leverage yet but will look into to see if it's my kind of show. So it looks like the glass show is Blown Away, right? The first season had the stuffy pretentious lady as one of the judges, if she's still there then I'm out.
Probably the same lady. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I dunno.

Leverage is a lot like MI only they don't work for the government. It was a GREAT show.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I watched the first Leverage. Not bad. I may check it out further.

I happened to tune in to Third Rock from the Sun, and serendipitously it was perhaps my favorite episode, the one where they’re stranded at a truck stop in a snow storm and end up getting everyone in the place to sing “Oklahoma”. 😄

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I am watching right now. I never watched the old show until I saw your recommendation. I saw a couple episodes and I really have been enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Fun fact: there was a "reboot" series from, I believe, 1988-89. It came about because of a writer's strike. They simply re-used scripts from the original show and possibly had non-union script supervisors rewrite them to make them seem newer. It was not perhaps quite as good as the original, but close. Peter Graves starred in that one, too...and Greg Morris' son Phil took over his dad's role as the team technical whiz.

I remember the guest baddie in the initial episode was John DeLancie, "Q" from Star Trek, as a hit man.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
We watched Friends from the start, but work requirements meant we really didn't stay strong. We've been watching "Man with a Plan" which isn't horrible, but has elements I find mildly distasteful. The cast and interactions are fun to watch, though. When did Joey find the time to get old and fat? Probably the same as the rest of us.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree, I binged the 5 episodes in a few days and it exceeded expectations. I‘d bet they renew it.
Superman & Lois renewed for season 2, per Wikipedia. It says that happened in March and I missed it somehow.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Friends Reunion on HBO Max. Yes, I am a Friends fan. They’re my age and I watched every episode when it was on. The reunion show was great.

It trips me out how global the show became and how people half my age fell in love with it years after it ended.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
B57D2283-9600-468B-93F0-3866617F3EE3.jpeg

Four episodes into Season 1. If you like police detective series, this is a keeper. It starts with Bosch, an L.A. police detective being sued in a wrongful death civil lawsuit. However the story turns around the bones of a child discovered in a shallow grave.

U

User.45

Fun fact: there was a "reboot" series from, I believe, 1988-89. It came about because of a writer's strike. They simply re-used scripts from the original show and possibly had non-union script supervisors rewrite them to make them seem newer. It was not perhaps quite as good as the original, but close. Peter Graves starred in that one, too...and Greg Morris' son Phil took over his dad's role as the team technical whiz.

I remember the guest baddie in the initial episode was John DeLancie, "Q" from Star Trek, as a hit man.

I used to watch it at my Grandma's back in the days. I was always fascinated and appalled by the laptop self-destructing. Such a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom
1 2