What are you doing today?

D

Deleted member 199

Today was “try to organise all the stuff I’ve been ordering and dumping in the shed”.

That quickly turned into “realise a second (lower, narrower) bench is required for bench mounted power tools (vise, drill press, probably grinder at some point), so move a shelf and start building said bench”

I’m still waiting for the day my wife comes out and sees what new thing Ive bought or built and says “you know we’re meant to be leaving right?”.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, we're doing the initial prep in the bedroom for painting. We had a red wall (in Flaming Sword, same as my office), and lighter beige for the other 3, and they had large darker (Morning Mocha) brown elements, trimmed with actual wood, a couple of them sort of "framed" these two huge palm paintings.

It's been fun, but that's all coming down, and switching over to a new beautiful color called Swimming :)

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Trying to pronounce this made me realize that I don't know a single German word that ends with an umlaut. I think you just gave your Swedishness away!!!
Darn it! I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling @P_X !

We have some useful fast words ending like that. Fjäderfä for example. And disträ. Mähä is also good but underused. Very nice when insulting people.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Speaking of a couple of beers ... I will NOT be having them, or any booze for that matter, we're doing a 21 day reset, super low carbs, no booze, low-er-ish dairy, started first thing this past Monday (June 7th). We __might__ break form a little on the booze part for Dad's Day, Sunday after next (though planning some killer low carb pizzas we've made in past, mostly it's just a change in the crust, the base is almond flour).
Good luck with it. Sounds like my normal diet if I'm honest. Rare for me to drink at all these days.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Icing off and on for days now. Hand surgery was Tuesday and was extensive. Will need another surgery further down the road. My stupid arthritis has wrecked my wrists and hands. My surgery hand hurts like hell. 🥺
I hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday I bagged up two kitchen-sized garbage bags of shoes that I don’t wear or never wore once I got them and took them to Goodwill. I promptly headed to the Sketchers outlet to replace one or two of them. Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything I liked or that was in my size. So I went next door to Ross and bought clothes instead.

Tonight we’re going downtown to the river for a new event the city is holding featuring food trucks and a band. It sounds like it could be more crowded than it’s worth, in which case we’ll just go eat at an actual restaurant.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Speaking of a couple of beers ... I will NOT be having them, or any booze for that matter, we're doing a 21 day reset, super low carbs, no booze, low-er-ish dairy, started first thing this past Monday (June 7th). We __might__ break form a little on the booze part for Dad's Day, Sunday after next (though planning some killer low carb pizzas we've made in past, mostly it's just a change in the crust, the base is almond flour).
Sound very keto-ish. :)

I highly recommend my plagiarized Lou Malnati's recipe for keto deep dish (Italian sausage crust) :)

Oh...and the sauce:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh...and an on-topic post (forum rules and all that) ;) - if we get some sunshine, hopefully I'll make my way to one of our lakes and get some SUP (Stand-Up Paddleboarding) in. :D

Love it. We hit the intracoastal/inlet 2-3 times a week to SUP around :)

IMG_7812.jpeg

U

User.45

Darn it! I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling @P_X !

We have some useful fast words ending like that. Fjäderfä for example. And disträ. Mähä is also good but underused. Very nice when insulting people.
Reminds me of Eyjafjallajökkul. A wörd surprisingly easy to prönounce.:)

If anybody's in doubt that this is on topic, I'm webshöpping in Ikea RN.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Don't forget the two most famous Swedish phrases ever, each adaptable to practically any situation.

"Hurdy Gurdy" and "Bort Bort"

That brings back memories; the Muppet Show was absolutely brilliant.

Actually, I do recall my brothers teasing my mother - who was taking night classes in French at the time - that she sounded just like The Swedish Chef when speaking French, an observation which had the whole family (Mother included) in stitches.

D

Deleted member 199

I only realised recently (because it was explicitly pointed out by… something. Maybe a comedy quiz show?) that the Swedish chef has human hands.

Top Bottom
1 2