What are you doing today?

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Still closing the books so more work today, but hopefully less of that yucky stuff.

Otherwise, I have some household chores to catch up on like laundry, one refrigerator’s shelves need washed, and already feel a nap coming. Haha. Grilled a steak last night and have two more waiting for today...with a smoked Grand Old Fashioned. I just made that up...but I bet I heard about it somewhere and just think I did.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Football! And in preparation for wasting the afternoon watching football, I’m currently deep conditioning my hair, and will waste another hour (at least) just soaking in the tub prior to the game starting. I suppose I could take my textbooks in with me and read while I soak, but I actually prefer going to the “deep end” and sitting cross-legged with the water up to my chin. When I first got the tub I thought the jets and bubbles would be my favorite part - boy was I wrong!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a break in the endless downpour, the relentless rain so that I can make a quick dash to some local shops for a few bits and pieces.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Pouring buckets here so a good day to stay at home and catch up on some household chores I've been neglecting, plus maybe get started on the usual first-of-the-month backups of my computers, etc. Already have changed the clocks that needed to be done manually (two in kitchen: one on wall, one on microwave) and a third in the bedroom, my alarm clock). All other clocks are automatically switched over, as they're on my Apple devices and computers. I think that the new car's clock also automatically changes, too, which would be nice, but if not, I'll take care of that, too. Also I need to check and probably adjust the settings in my cameras, too, although one of them, the RX10, is still on regular Eastern Standard Time anyway since I forgot to change it back in the spring, and I don't recall how the A7R IV is set up, but it, too, probably is on standard time as I don't remember switching it over this past spring, either.

Only two months of The Year 2020 remain and then we move on in this decade....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Chatted with Decent Brother for the best part of an hour, then managed a fleeting foray - between downpours - to a local shop to pick up a few things (oranges, the week-end edition of the FT, sparkling water, crisps.....)

And the barometer is plunging, nay tumbling, ominously.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Today I'm enjoying reading some of the still emerging not-quite-dismissals of Trump as a candidate for re-election. The WSJ editorial was fun to read as it stumbled around the idea of saying "well hey greed does work for some of us" and settled for slight nods of approval over certain policies and a pretzel twist at the end saying more or less well hey if Trump loses, which he richly deserves, than surely it's all his own fault. I've cancelled my subscription and even turned down a new improved promo rate. It's not that I don't enjoy and respect the Wall Street Journal's reporting side. I do. I just loathe their editorial hypocrisy enough to ding their revenue stream --as the only sort of rebuke that might matter to any CFO of a Murdoch holding.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Chatted with Decent Brother for the best part of an hour, then managed a fleeting foray - between downpours - to a local shop to pick up a few things (oranges, the week-end edition of the FT, sparkling water, crisps.....)

And the barometer is plunging, nay tumbling, ominously.

I sent out for a few special treats for Election Day night... to ensure I'd have them on hand, the weather tomorrow leans towards snowy... but it's already windy, rainy and thoroughly depressing out there today so I tipped the instacart shopper driver extra on top of the 20% I'd already decided to give her. There's no way in hell I would have driven over that mountain in this weather myself today.

Guilt more or less assuaged, my next challenge is to leave the stuff alone until Election Night. It's not a bet I'd advise anyone to take up.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I sent out for a few special treats for Election Day night... to ensure I'd have them on hand, the weather tomorrow leans towards snowy... but it's already windy, rainy and thoroughly depressing out there today so I tipped the instacart shopper driver extra on top of the 20% I'd already decided to give her. There's no way in hell I would have driven over that mountain in this weather myself today.

Guilt more or less assuaged, my next challenge is to leave the stuff alone until Election Night. It's not a bet I'd advise anyone to take up.

That is one of the reasons I thought to add a few packets of crisps ("chips" to Our Transatlantic Cousins) to my basket today.

Fresh bread on a Sunday was an impossibility, but crisps, with an eye to Tuesday night, yes, are a very necessary purchase.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So for lack of anything better to do, husband and I climbed up and enjoyed the view from the roof of the garage. Beautiful day. And now it’s finally time for my football game.

13064480-D5FA-4C6A-B360-56D97792FC1D.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
So for lack of anything better to do, husband and I climbed up and enjoyed the view from the roof of the garage. Beautiful day. And now it’s finally time for my football game.

View attachment 1075

Lovely picture. Thanks for sharing.

Over the course of an hour, I think that Decent Brother and I managed to discuss his hand (he had a third visit to the hospital on Friday, but his burnt hand is healing well), and the US election; somehow, I don't think we got much beyond those two key, pressing, topics of conversation.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely picture. Thanks for sharing.

Over the course of an hour, I think that Decent Brother and I managed to discuss his hand (he had a third visit to the hospital on Friday, but his burnt hand is healing well), and the US election; somehow, I don't think we got much beyond those two key, pressing, topics of conversation.
My mother spent an hour on FaceTime yesterday with a friend who lives in the Netherlands. Apparently the friend, Helen, is perturbed because after spending so much time in the US, everyone she knows expects her to have all the answers as to why the crazy Americans elected the nut bar in the first place. She has no answers. Mum has no answers. We just want to apologize to the rest of the world.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My mother spent an hour on FaceTime yesterday with a friend who lives in the Netherlands. Apparently the friend, Helen, is perturbed because after spending so much time in the US, everyone she knows expects her to have all the answers as to why the crazy Americans elected the nut bar in the first place. She has no answers. Mum has no answers. We just want to apologize to the rest of the world.
Speaking as the rest of the world. No need to apologise. We are hardly a shinning light on the world leaders front either.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just as we were preparing for a longish walk this morning, the rain started. Gave up after one loop around the local park and then started laundry. The last load just went in. Prepping to cut hubby's hair -- I've decided to grow my hair till my birthday end of July (or a whim that makes me shave my head bald).

Salivating thinking about eating my mother in-law's curry in a bit. The smells are fantastic. Probably shouldn't eat too much with a doctor's visit tomorrow. He's going to be disappointed that my COVID+19 is approaching COVID+25 after promising more exercise and better eating.

Ending the night binge watching since we restarted Netflix and have a few days left with Hulu.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Just as we were preparing for a longish walk this morning, the rain started. Gave up after one loop around the local park and then started laundry. The last load just went in. Prepping to cut hubby's hair -- I've decided to grow my hair till my birthday end of July (or a whim that makes me shave my head bald).

Salivating thinking about eating my mother in-law's curry in a bit. The smells are fantastic. Probably shouldn't eat too much with a doctor's visit tomorrow. He's going to be disappointed that my COVID+19 is approaching COVID+25 after promising more exercise and better eating.

Ending the night binge watching since we restarted Netflix and have a few days left with Hulu.

Any chance of a (your mother-in-law's) curry recipe?

I love - just greedily adore - a good curry......

Top Bottom
1 2