What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Years ago we had a serious problem with squirrels in the attic, our main storage area is closed off, but they were out of control everywhere else, we hired a company that removed, provided a multi-stage extensive cleaning/disinfecting, and also put "critter resistant" plates over the soffits (the old covers were flimsy round "plugs" that just pushed in ...)

I think it was close to $3K when it was all done.
Wow. $3k. That’s a lot.

I love squirrels but fortunately we don’t get them in the house. We did have mice in the loft. But the guy we called in only cost us around £100.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Wow. $3k. That’s a lot.

This was a pretty massive project. We're talking a week of: crawling around in an enclosed attic space, removing tons of droppings, chemical cleaners for urine, replacing some insulation, trapping and disposal of several squirrels, dealing with 40-50 soffits on a two-story house (so dangerous ladder work), and it was a two-person crew.

Seemed like a bargain :D

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Removed a random dryer-style vent from the exterior wall (more like bashed it apart), put a one-way door on it (sort of a half have-a-heart trap), blocked the hole inside the house he kept peeking out of, and eventually we have success.

557A4095-FB8A-4A30-B8CE-AAB48BF93CE6.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Removed a random dryer-style vent from the exterior wall (more like bashed it apart), put a one-way door on it (sort of a half have-a-heart trap), blocked the hole inside the house he kept peeking out of, and eventually we have success.

View attachment 17378

Hope he was just a scout and goes back complaining to kin about the lack of hospitality...

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Hope he was just a scout and goes back complaining to kin about the lack of hospitality...

Poor guy was pretty weak. Just sat there yelling at me. Couldn’t climb. We left some food for him, hoping that he eats it before the neighbor’s cat eats him.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Poor guy was pretty weak. Just sat there yelling at me. Couldn’t climb. We left some food for him, hoping that he eats it before the neighbor’s cat eats him.
He might be a recently weaned baby and made a bad choice on where to get chow. Sounds like you solved his problem for today anyway.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's time for the first Ginger Beer Deadpool of September :D

1662567555316.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Glad to hear you're trying to help it out, if you're able to see an outcome let us know (fingers crossed it finds a tree before the cat spots it).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're trying to help it out, if you're able to see an outcome let us know (fingers crossed it finds a tree before the cat spots it).
I think he’s hanging out in one of the trees in our backyard now. At least it sounds like him - he screams at me when I come near. Can’t get a good look at him, yet. But his uncle was on part of our roof again this morning trying to dig a hole or something - he does it all the time.

Definitely going to get our chimneys capped to keep these guys out.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sunday. I am planning on an afternoon in front of the tv watching my beloved Saints play their first game of the regular season. There’s even a nip in the air. (I have a vivid imagination.)

And shit. I just realized it’s only Saturday.

Top Bottom
1 2