What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We have slightly funky filter sizes too, and 3 different returns, but the Nordic have been priced way better vs. local B&M hardware and have been comparable to direct sales (like FilterBuy) with a much better ordering process.

Yeah, there's a lot of sketchy products on Amazon, especially when it comes to branded items and the source being some unknown 3rd party. I tend to try to purchase things are sold by Amazon or the manufacturer, with delivery by Amazon.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
vacuumed. laundry. changed sheets on beds. gave the dog a bath. shuttled one kid to and from school (the other one shuttles herself now, so nice). now to either scan some film or do some writing...maybe a bit of both. a moderately productive day.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Worked from home. Dealing with the fall out from the queen’s funeral being in the middle of our four day exhibition. Not good and means this years show is unlikely to be profitable.
Collected a rowing machine after work.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Had lunch at a local greek place. Prices upped and plates shrunk. Darn it, Putin!

Whined a bit about the election (non-)results, SNAFU part II.

Helped a friend pick up a package and chitchatted for a bit. Yay.

Got iOS 15.7 and 16.0 installed. Played around a bit with lock screen customization. Promising but not fully there. Need more and better widgets to cross the t:s and dot the i:s. Also need to dig up and prepare a set of background photos and need to become better friends with custom Focus.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, HOLY SHIT, it's a helluva day around the World HQ :D

My call to Walmart and discussion about shipping worked! I didn't mention it, but about a week ago, hahaha, I had another shipment of (6 packs) ginger beer not make it:

1663101939382.png

5 minutes on the phone seemed to have helped, today, 8 packs arrived, safe and sound:

1663101970484.png

2 packs in the beer fridge, chillin', waiting to get introduced to some Bulleit bourbon later this evening :D

Daughter is killing it: mid 1/4 grades posted, they range from 92 to 102, and that's classes like AICE Chemistry, Algebra 2 Honors, AICE English

And some biz things went down, and well, hahahaha, it's a f***ing mic drop :D

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s Wednesday, so I’ll be off to donate platelets shortly. Just finished my spinach omelette. After that, the usual swim, and then I’ll be addressing postcards to voters.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Took my camera on my daily Halley (dog) walk. I don't do that very often but every once in a while it's nice to do so to keep me more present on my walk than just dragging the dog.

I might actually rake some leaves. It's really still very much summer here but we always lose some leaves early to the intense heat of late August early September, and I think raking some up will help with the mosquito population. In the meantime the humidity finally broke and we can have the windows open for a lot of the day now.

Am also trying to troubleshoot an issue on my Wordpress site and might make a video tutorial for a photography group on some new Lightroom tools.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
And some biz things went down, and well, hahahaha, it's a f***ing mic drop :D

Make sure you take enough time off to escape the billionaire tax....

Today among other things I remembered to construct a grocery list without quite so much salad fixings in it. Looks like we'll actually get a couple of chilly evenings in a row for a change. Don't want to end up deciding to put iceberg lettuce strips in chicken broth or a stir fry just to keep from wasting it... swapped out the lettuce for some baby bok choi.

Weird how we don't get any bolt-from-blue killing frosts in mid-August for a decade or so now. So far in September this year we've only had a few nights got as far down as the mid-40s.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Today is a meeting of the neighborhood ladies’ group. I will be asking what they have against working women as their meetings are always at 10 am on a weekday. Honestly, I could never attend this kind of thing when I was working, and now I go and it’s nothing but grey heads. And then they complain that there are no young people.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Crap day. Had a break in at our London branch. Came right through the wall. Not ideal as we are about to start our biggest exhibition this weekend.

Geez.

Did it look like a large pitcher of fruit flavored beverage?

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Oh, AFB, I can't even imagine! I did not understand what you meant by a break in through a wall. Like you literally wrote what happened, but I could not comprehend it until I saw your photo. How awful. I hope at least no one was hurt.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
School >> Flu Shots for the whole World HQ crew >> Mojos :D
Will go for mine early next week, just got done with my new COVID booster and I don't like getting them too close as I usually have a reaction to both. But side effects from this latest booster were negligible this time, I probably couldn't gotten away with it.

Top Bottom
1 2