What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Ultra arrived, but not until early evening. Got it set up and then it was time to start my prep, so any notion of exercise was out the window. Usually after a colonoscopy, I go out to eat and resume life before noon. I’m hoping today will be no different, in which case I’ll come home by 9, (which is when I usually wake up), strap on my watch, and start my day again.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Good deal alert if you're looking for a larger-ish Air Fryer!

An actual brand: Cuisinart, ~17qt capacity, does toasting and other modes, and even a 3 year factory warranty.

I put it in our cart last night at $129, marked down from 229, an this morning it's $99 !

We had a no-name-brand air fryer, a Zeny (snicker ...) just teh typical "egg" style, ~4qt, it crapped out just before a year, they replaced it the new one lasted a good 2-3 years, so I think we got like 4 years total service out of the original $69 purchase, not bad.

But we use it so much, and realized how we would benefit from a much larger one, and current one is also, finally, crapping out, so great timing all around :D

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good deal alert if you're looking for a larger-ish Air Fryer!

An actual brand: Cuisinart, ~17qt capacity, does toasting and other modes, and even a 3 year factory warranty.

I put it in our cart last night at $129, marked down from 229, an this morning it's $99 !

We had a no-name-brand air fryer, a Zeny (snicker ...) just teh typical "egg" style, ~4qt, it crapped out just before a year, they replaced it the new one lasted a good 2-3 years, so I think we got like 4 years total service out of the original $69 purchase, not bad.

But we use it so much, and realized how we would benefit from a much larger one, and current one is also, finally, crapping out, so great timing all around :D
Damn. Lowest I see it is $161. I may just get it anyway.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

They're basically all gone! I'm getting that "See other buying options" button which are usually direct sale/shipment (no Amazon involvement). Heck, maybe they'll restock, I'd keep an eye out, $161 is decent, but I bet they come back for $129 at worst case.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
They're basically all gone! I'm getting that "See other buying options" button which are usually direct sale/shipment (no Amazon involvement). Heck, maybe they'll restock, I'd keep an eye out, $161 is decent, but I bet they come back for $129 at worst case.
By the time I went to check it out, it was sold out with other configurations (color, with or without basket) at least $188. I put it on my Honey watchlist as I should've bought one by now.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Discovering that shrinkflation in some products is now so noticeable that it should embarrass the CEOs of some brand name manufacturers.

Really only potato chip guys can get away (for awhile) with putting 80% and then 75% of usual product in the package and shaving a couple ounces off the net weight marking on the bags.

When someone does it to paper towels and tries to wind them more loosely around the core, and the roll won't even stand flat on end on the counter and looks like a 5yo dropped it and then rewound it, well... I'm a buyer of store brand paper towels now, and richer and happier for it too.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
walked the dog 3 miles, listened to a podcast and half while doing so, took her for a nail trim, cut the grass, got dinner in the crockpot. now have to give the dog a bath (which she isn't going to like), wash her blankets and do a quick vacuum. that should largely be enough for today. 🙂

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Celebrating my Birthday, however this one hit me a little bit.
Happy Birthday!

It hit me last night when Dunkin' gave me a 5% senior discount. I was shocked. Then realized that they start at 55 and this must be the 1st visit since July when I turned 55. Man I'm getting old.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

By the time I went to check it out, it was sold out with other configurations (color, with or without basket) at least $188. I put it on my Honey watchlist as I should've bought one by now.

Appears to be on sale for $99 at Target too, not available for shipping, but there's some limited stock being reported locally:

1665181650129.png

We got ours, heated up some chicken from last night :D

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Started the day with a 4 mile run. Then took Mrs AFB to pick up a cheap grow house that she wants to use to put around the clothes horse. With the dehumidifier she hopes it will dry quicker than just the dehumidifier.
Then I spent a bit of time with a tree stump and my matock.
Now lunch is done, time for an afternoon walk with Mrs AFB. The sun is out but it’s chilly.
Happy weekend everyone.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Local-ish bike shop has a Sirrus X 2.0 (in large) in stock, headed there this morning :)

I used to cycle quite a bit (I've done road, MTB, BMX, used to do some trial type riding though nothing like the current sport), so I'm pretty stoked to have another decent bike.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Celebrating my Birthday, however this one hit me a little bit.
Happy birthday! But why did it hit hard? A fellow I follow on Twitter celebrated a birthday yesterday and said the same thing. When I asked him about it he said it was because he’s now older than his parents when they died.
Appears to be on sale for $99 at Target too, not available for shipping, but there's some limited stock being reported locally:
Well, with gift cards and everything I got it for $120, so I’m not complaining, and a trip to Target is right out. But by the time I get it I won’t be able to use it for a while, since I can’t get my split tooth extracted until next Friday, and all I’m eating now are mashed potatoes and eggs. This is going to be a miserable month.

Top Bottom
1 2