What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Took a walk for a change. Made my husband walk much slower than he does when alone. Then we went to Sam’s Club to get a few soft foods.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Then we went to Sam’s Club to get a few soft foods.

Oh wow, sorry to hear about your tooth. Stinks they can't get you in a little sooner, that seems like sort of an emergency.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Watching the bottom of the 12th, AL wild card Cleveland-Tampa Bay game 2... . still tied up at 0-0....

Well that went well for the Guardians finally, 1-0 in the 15th with a walk-off homer. Cleveland moves on to the division series and looking at the Yankees....

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh wow, sorry to hear about your tooth. Stinks they can't get you in a little sooner, that seems like sort of an emergency.
They want you on antibiotic for a week if at all possible. As it turns out, it only hurts in the morning cause I clench at night.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Still resting, trying to recoup energy and try to get to the point where I am getting negative Covid tests before my rescheduled appointments come up in about a week.

Probably doing some planning on my side project as well. Just kicked out a major update that addressed a lot of playback issues and stabilized that whole area of the code. Need to revisit the planning heading towards release (remaining features, monetization plan, bug backlog, etc) and put something together there. Also timing on when to widen the beta pool a bit more than it currently is on the rollout towards release.

Also may need to reconsider my policy on analytics. The app has diagnostic logs, but they are local only. Users can submit them to me in e-mail from the settings menu, but I’m getting feedback through TestFlight which I can’t really act on without the logs and so far only one tester sends logs. So I have to decide: do I hold my ground on analytics and lose out on useful feedback, or add them so I can more accurately measure the health of the app across the user base that seems to expect that they exist? Doing the latter does also open me up to regulatory fun that I‘d need to be aware of, based on my day job work with analytics.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The wife loves a good cold brew - we hit up Duncan for their nitro seasonal when I dropped her off the other day, on the way home, I was thinking, "I bet she'd like something to easily make this at home". I saw this while shopping on Amazon:

Good brand, price was right (currently has a $5 coupon), so I picked her up one! Made this last night (started it, the results today, ~14 hours), used the same grind spec as our daily French press, went with a Sumatra Mandheling from Stone:

IMG_2046.jpg

It tastes amazing. There's a huge difference with cold brew made __as__ cold brew vs. chilled hot prepared coffee. Doing this with a lot of milk, sweet pumpkin creamer, over ice :love:

It may or may not have a shot of vanilla vodka :D

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Safe journey back! I for one will be happy when you are home again, even if your latest mission was rewarding not just for the work itself but for all those café conversations, coffees and music!
Thank you.

As it happens, I am currently en route - in the process of returning - from an international election observation mission (I've been away for the best part of the past two months), which is why (well, I was busy, but also, in general, I rarely post - I choose not to post much - when I am working abroad in a professional capacity) I haven't been around - still less, visible - for the past while.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Safe journey back! I for one will be happy when you are home again, even if your latest mission was rewarding not just for the work itself but for all those café conversations, coffees and music!
Will write about some of the astonishing cafe conversations, some of which were amazing, extraordinary, profoundly and powerfully moving - this is a serious cafe culture - in due course.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
day trip for apple 🍎 picking

I've picked/eaten a ton of different fruits/nuts right from the vine/bush/tree :D I'm talking all types of citrus, grapes, black/blue/straw -berries, different melons, bananas, even coconuts, all sorts of nuts.

But I've never picked an apple. :unsure: I should correct that omission :D

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I've picked/eaten a ton of different fruits/nuts right from the vine/bush/tree :D I'm talking all types of citrus, grapes, black/blue/straw -berries, different melons, bananas, even coconuts, all sorts of nuts.

But I've never picked an apple. :unsure: I should correct that omission :D
My dad had an orchard for number of years when I was a kid. He was really a banker but liked to pretend to be a farmer on the weekends. So I never really understood the appeal of going apple picking, because for me it was always a chore growing up. My mom would make gallons of applesauce every year and freeze it.

Now that I'm older and we live in suburbia, it's nice to get out to the country once a year. I only ever pick one or two myself, but love climbing the mountain and the photo ops. My daughter is now 16 and still manages to get on my husband's shoulders to pick a couple from the highest limbs.

Web_October_08_2022_001-2.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Still resting, trying to recoup energy and try to get to the point where I am getting negative Covid tests before my rescheduled appointments come up in about a week.

The wife went 10 days before her test came back negative. Hope you get sorted out!

Need to revisit the planning heading towards release (remaining features, monetization plan, bug backlog, etc) and put something together there.

We just dealt with this, it worked out ... favorably :D

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
The wife went 10 days before her test came back negative. Hope you get sorted out!

The significant other just tested negative today for the first time. I’m in the “everything that built up must go phase” so lots of tissues and coughing up ugly bits, but not feeling too bad otherwise. Better than I did a week ago anyways.

Sense of smell is impacted, but it could very well be just the congestion and clearing things out. I mostly just smell the stuff oozing out of my face, so probably not the Covid symptom (fingers crossed).

We just dealt with this, it worked out ... favorably :D

Yeah, in my case it’s been that I’ve been facing sleep issues which prevented me from doing much that wasn’t work related since a heat wave in August. So because of that two month lag, I need to see if I can maybe cut back on what I wanted for release in favor of more important functionality. Because really my next steps need to be:

- Wrap up expected UX feature work.
- Make a final call on Plex relay functionality and metadata sync for release. Implement it.
- Grab larger beta pool to flush out more bugs.
- Prep for my “marketing push”.
- Go live.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Last month my kids went to Italy with the dads. Son came back with mild Covid. This month my brother and sister-in-law went to Italy and my brother came back with a bad case. Moral of this story: stay away from Italy.

To get it around here you don't even need a passport, just a trip to a grocery or hardware store I guess. My bro who ended up with it (he's ok now) was vaxxed and boosted and masked and still managed to get nailed somehow. Pesky virus just won't give it up and there are enough variants and non-vaccinated and crowded indoor situations now and then to keep the blasting thing going... 🤬

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Very rare to see people wearing masks around here now. We have a few out at work. I’ve still not had it as far as I can tell. Should be eligible for a booster soon hopefully.

Today I was off work for holiday. Took the car for its service and ended up just working at the garage as it was something to do. Saves me doing it tonight.
Other than that just rowing and cross training in the garage when I got home. Went for a walk with Mrs AFB.
Not much else.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Catching up - emails, house-keeping, some small local shopping (organic milk, butter....the fridge and vegetable drawers are more or less empty).

A wonderful email awaited me from an artisan butcher, re an order I had completely forgotten about; I had ordered rashers and sausages - and Italian spicy sausage - almost a fortnight before my departure, and - because everything is handmade and to order - it took them well over a week to put it together by which time my date of departure loomed large; so, by phone, we agreed that they would put together my order (and deliver it) the week after my return when it would be most welcome and would be gratefully received and devoured. That should arrive towards the end of the week.

Bread has been ordered for tomorrow from the French bakery which shall give me the perfect excuse to head into the city and undertake some necessary shopping (such as cheeses...).

And I also phoned the best stall in the farmers' market with an order for eggs and vegetables for next Saturday.

So, dinner this evening was a biryani (which was exceedingly good) ordered from a small, local, family owned, Indian place.

Top Bottom
1 2