What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Catching up - emails, house-keeping, some small local shopping (organic milk, butter....the fridge and vegetable drawers are more or less empty).

A wonderful email awaited me from an artisan butcher, re an order I had completely forgotten about; I had ordered rashers and sausages - and Italian spicy sausage - almost a fortnight before my departure, and - because everything is handmade and to order - it took them well over a week to put it together by which time my date of departure loomed large; so, by phone, we agreed that they would put together my order (and deliver it) the week after my return when it would be most welcome and would be gratefully received and devoured. That should arrive towards the end of the week.

Bread has been ordered for tomorrow from the French bakery which shall give me the perfect excuse to head into the city and undertake some necessary shopping (such as cheeses...).

And I also phoned the best stall in the farmers' market with an order for eggs and vegetables for next Saturday.

So, dinner this evening was a biryani (which was exceedingly good) ordered from a small, local, family owned, Indian place.
If you have the time I suggest catching up on MOTD 2 on the iPlayer. You’ll enjoy the fist game immensely. Playing very well in North London.
Enjoy your food and being home for a bit.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
took my daughter to the mall (😵‍💫) to buy shoes; stopped at the camera store to drop off film for developing and restock on film, and now making a dozen apple dumplings (with the help of aforementioned daughter).

3E334F54-AB0C-4AA2-AEE9-93F56C8A74D9.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Boring but oh, so, necessary stuff: Topping up phone, and public transport cards, (yes, I am that sad person who prefers to do this in person; returning (yes, unfortunately, sadly overdue - I was away, and one library book was somehow overlooked when I had returned the others prior to my departure), a library book (they were very understanding), getting a haircut, purchasing cheeses.......

And now, sipping wine, and listening to music.....

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Kind of a crazy, chaotic week, but that's cool with me, that's where I thrive :D Seriously, sometimes I even back myself into a corner :ROFLMAO:

Lots of code and documentation delivery, some legal review, daughter has several things going on with her internship, ACE program, she's doing a couple of tests early since we'll be OOT on Friday (and Monday is a school holiday), setting up reservations and whatnot for our several days at Universal, lots of HHN plans.

The wife, using her superpower, was able to score a suite for the same price as a normal room, hahaha, it should be really fun (some friends coming in for a night and staying with us), the daughters is staying in one night, we're getting her all sorts of food and movies, she's excited about having this all to herself for several hours, we think maybe a friend of hers is coming down for a day, which should be a blast for them:

1665537124134.png

(Umm, maybe not the champaign ... :D Just replace that with milkshakes and pizza ...)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Picked up a new helmet, I usually ride without, but since I'm riding on a part of a 45+ MPH highway, figured I'd keep the brain protected (it has a decent amount of value) :D

Very cool company, Triple Eight, HQ'ed out of NY, promoted/worn by people like Tony Hawk, Lizzie Armanto, this is a multi-sport, skate style, MIPS certified (that's a newer protection spec).

(I ordered through Amazon, got a 45% discount)

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I understand why those who care, care. Just like tube amps and vinyl for audiophiles.

But the convenience of digital is just so.... convenient. :)
Convenience isn't everything.

My camera is a Leica M6; this is a camera that only works with film.

The more salient conversation (@Apple fanboy and @Clix Pix might get this) is why I chose to bring my camera with me on my recent deployment to the Balkans.

Actually, I hadn't shot a single image since shortly after my mother's death (in December 2018), and no, don't ask.

However, this trip to Bosnia transformed that; my interpreter and driver almost bawled when I told them that the shot (of them, in a scenic setting, waterfall, ancient stone buildings, and ancient stone bridge) was the first photograph I had taken since (just after) my mother's death. "Don't do this to me; but I am so honored" they said. That was the point. I held them both in exceptionally high regard; I wouldn't have taken a photograph of them otherwise.

However, in truth, this was the first time since my mother's death, that I felt compelled to record stuff. And, that, too, was important.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I understand why those who care, care. Just like tube amps and vinyl for audiophiles.

But the convenience of digital is just so.... convenient. :)

Yeah, there's so many moments I capture on the fly because of digital convenience, but there's also a digital reliability (in the context of photography). The birth of our daughter, the wife accepting a design award, me dropping into a 20' wave, my business partner meeting G. Lucas, immediate and forever part of our visual record.

But I understand, when there's time to engage with the moment in a more creative way, to take time with the inconvenience, the alternatives can be very satisfying.

Top Bottom
1 2