What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
No electric blanket or bread? Sounds like a tough day.

Well, an electric heater (from Mother's room, we used it to keep her warm at night, as the radiators were - and are - on timers) was transported into my room last night, so, last night was fine.

And, I do have the very end of a brick of brown bread to nibble on.......

Am debating heading into the city tomorrow (haven't been since the week before Christmas) to buy an electric blanket, and to pay a visit to the French bakery (three minutes away on foot from the high end store that should have electric blankets), and perhaps, to visit the excellent Asian store, as well, to stock up.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought I was covered, as I had an oil delivery on Saturday.....

but, damn; what timing.

Any recommendations re makes and brands and styles of electric blanket?

I realise that this one is actually quite old, for it was a present from my mother (before her dementia developed); she, too, loved her electric blanket.
Ours was made by dreamland. Had a look for a link for it, but can’t seem to locate it. They have a 3 year guarantee which is nice. Possibly came from Lakeland.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well, an electric heater (from Mother's room, we used it to keep her warm at night, as the radiators were - and are - on timers) was transported into my room last night, so, last night was fine.

And, I do have the very end of a brick of brown bread to nibble on.......

Am debating heading into the city tomorrow (haven't been since the week before Christmas) to buy an electric blanket, and to pay a visit to the French bakery (three minutes away on foot from the high end store that should have electric blankets), and perhaps, to visit the excellent Asian store, as well, to stock up.
Is the electric blanket store open?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ours was made by dreamland. Had a look for a link for it, but can’t seem to locate it. They have a 3 year guarantee which is nice. Possibly came from Lakeland.

Mine (the old one that died last week-end) was a top of the range one, bought for me well over a decade ago by dear old Mother.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m semi-obsessively watching the trial of 45th President of the United States Donald Trump. In spite of the likely outcome, this is fascinating.
Same. That’s why I did some work this morning and then went out and planted my pepper seeds.

Here’s one of the daffodils, btw.

ACAE94A0-7AC1-4A3D-A00D-40DC64F80FD1.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I got busy with this-and-that today and never even thought to take a photo or two of my lovely daffies in their vase, or one or two by themselves..... In the meantime I am definitely enjoying the sight of them here in the living room and also their wonderful scent as well....

Please, please, pretty please, could I have a picture (or two) of daffodils?

That lovely, life-affirming shade of buttery yellow......brings a smile, and a warm glow.

Just now, (ugh) it is snowing outside, and I crave the sight of daffodils.....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I have ordered (and paid for) an electric blanket, from a high end store in the city.

It will be delivered by special courier - which means delivered in person by one of the senior managers later today.

Besides, it's snowing and sleeting outside; I very rarely play the helpless female, - not only is it not my default setting, but, in general, I disapprove of it - but, making the case of frozen female worked well today when I asked whether delivery could be expedited.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Last day of my vacation. We’ve decided to replace our ailing 12 year old Forester so I’m off soon to subject myself to the loathsome car buying process. Was kind of hoping to purchase a modest boat for this summer but guess not.

Looking at a RAV4 Hybrid. God, they’re expensive.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You could always try a filter, no need to brush your real hair at all. Just imagine presenting as a cat!
I need to do something about my gray beard, can't stand seeing myself on camera like that. Getting Just For Men from Amazon, should be here later today.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I need to do something about my gray beard, can't stand seeing myself on camera like that. Getting Just For Men from Amazon, should be here later today.

I'm in official DGAF mode for the most part, beard gray? Fine. Start balding? Shave that shit off. :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So are electric blanket users doing that because of lack of heat? Or for more concentrated heat (like your HCAV is so-so)? Or to save a few bucks?

I notice it's also our friends from the UK, so maybe it's a bit of a cultural/location thing as well[?]

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Last day of my vacation. We’ve decided to replace our ailing 12 year old Forester so I’m off soon to subject myself to the loathsome car buying process. Was kind of hoping to purchase a modest boat for this summer but guess not.

Looking at a RAV4 Hybrid. God, they’re expensive.

Yeah, I was knocking around in the configurator, started with the XSE Hybrid, added one package, ran it up close to $40K o_O

Top Bottom
1 2