What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My farmer friend sent me a dozen seed packets of assorted hot and sweet peppers earlier this week. So I ordered the great fabric planters that I’ve had great luck using from Amazon. They arrive today, but it’s pouring and nasty out, so the seeds will remain unplanted another day or two.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My farmer friend sent me a dozen seed packets of assorted hot and sweet peppers earlier this week. So I ordered the great fabric planters that I’ve had great luck using from Amazon. They arrive today, but it’s pouring and nasty out, so the seeds will remain unplanted another day or two.

Oh, whimper.

Undisguised clear, and open envy.

Do enjoy.

Chateau moi, once the oil had been delivered this morning, I realised that the boiler needed to be bled, and the plumber - bless him - came at very short notice to attend to the needful.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
wife had to work and I idi not want to go into work as Idid not have a lot to do. so I headed out to some farmland. takes some miles to get there. loved this sign. cant beat "the farm" as a name. this guy fishing when it is 42 out and I bet that water is so cold. crazy street names.
IMG_2228.jpeg
IMG_2229.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2231.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We popped over to the beach, like actually drove around the backside, haven't been there in easily a year, if not two, it's been inaccessible due to storm damage, etc., just nuts, I was surprised that can you can no longer drive all the way around, the ocean now forms a small inlet up against a new jetty.

Took a vehicle "glamor shot" :D

IMG_7511_1200.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We popped over to the beach, like actually drove around the backside, haven't been there in easily a year, if not two, it's been inaccessible due to storm damage, etc., just nuts, I was surprised that can you can no longer drive all the way around, the ocean now forms a small inlet up against a new jetty.

Took a vehicle "glamor shot" :D

View attachment 3367

Oh, I also got to throw the DD/RT into low range (as it has a proper transfer case ...), it's probably been 2 years since I've switched to that mode.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Slept late today so then got a late start on my usual daily routine.....fortunately nothing pressing to do, nowhere I had to be! Spent some of the day and evening finishing up my backups, and in general just puttering around with this-and-that. Not thrilled at the news of more snow arriving tomorrow but fortunately am well supplied with everything I need so didn't need to make a frantic last-minute rush trip to the store to pick up anything. I'll bet the store was busy, though, this being a Saturday, many people's usual shopping day anyway!

Ugh, a root canal does NOT sound like my idea of a nice way to spend any part of a day! My sympathy.....

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m getting my tax documents together for my tax preparer. He picks up and delivers. And of course my wife and I will be watching the Super Bowl tonight.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another research proposal for a faculty position. I'm getting burnt out, but this is a dream job.
🤞🏻
I’m getting my tax documents together for my tax preparer. He picks up and delivers. And of course my wife and I will be watching the Super Bowl tonight.
I will not be watching. I just dislike Brady that much. Rooting for Mahomes.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My electric blanket decided that - as we are faced with and about to head into - the coldest cold snap of this winter - that this was a perfect time to quit.

Bitterly bitingly cold out; had a brief walk this afternoon, and found that my bread had not been kept for me in a local bakery (yes, I was refunded, but would have preferred bread).

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
My electric blanket decided that - as we are faced with and about to head into - the coldest cold snap of this winter - that this was a perfect time to quit.
I'm telling' ya...those things just watch and wait for opportunities like this.

With it being this cold, I'm surprised my town hasn't had one of our periodic water main breaks. (Of course, now that I've mentioned it, it'll almost surely happen. It operates on the same principle as washing your car and raining.)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
took a trip to another town 20 miles away. went through a nice nature park though in winter it's a bit bleak. but it had some cool moss and a lot of boggy land. the last pic I guess I did not get the zoom pic. too bad we could not go straight we live at the base of the hill in the background.
IMG_2238.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_2241.jpeg
IMG_2242.jpeg

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
yep they watch us and wait to mess with us.
That’s why you can’t rely on just one thing. The more options, the better. Exponentially more difficult for them to coordinate!

I have an electric blanket, a portable electric heater, and if they both fail, a desktop to that could be set to mine Bitcoin. Granted, power can fail. Hopefully my Ikea Glimma Unscented tealights won’t have conspired with my lighters and matches to keep me in the dark (and cold) then...

Top Bottom
1 2