What Movie Are You Watching?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
“The Adam Project”. Fun time travel film with Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds.

We'll probably toss this on sometime this weekend, looks like lightweight fun, the director, who also directed Free Guy (starring RR), is signed up to direct Deadpool 3.

or D3adpool ? :LOL:

or maybe Deadpool: Rise of Wilson ?? :ROFLMAO:

Definitely want to watch Turning Red this weekend too, the new Pixar on D+ :)

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am fond of Broadcast News. I think my favorite William Hurt performance is in The Big Chill. Unless I’m forgetting, he rarely played a funny guy, and he was funny in that.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I am fond of Broadcast News. I think my favorite William Hurt performance is in The Big Chill. Unless I’m forgetting, he rarely played a funny guy, and he was funny in that.

Love Broadcast News for introducing me to the now iconic French singer songwriter Francis Cabrel.

As for William Hurt, may he rest in peace.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
EF4E3636-4719-4A76-91EF-28EDE6EC3BF2.jpeg

12 Years A Slave (2013)- This is a really brutal story, ok all slavery stories are brutal, one of the few with a “happy ending”. But the injustices, cruelty, abuses, coming from the owners who are seriously flawed, and can inflict such harm without guilt. It makes you wonder how humans could keep hope and maintain the will to survive, but the will to survive is strong, not that I am an authority on being strong under such circumstances.

Most sickening is the portrayal of hypocrite owners reading the Bible to their property, which seems to be an excellent example of religion twisted to rationalize whatever you want it to, kind of like Trump and his supporters and their self serving, slash and burn one-way, hypocrite politics. :oops:
This post could not appear at MRs.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now where is the fun in that?

😉

Most TV fodder these days require zero thinking…
Actually it’s almost a relief. ;)
Thinking results in:
  • We know there is relative time travel moving forward.
  • We don’t know of a mechanism that can take us backwards, but every serious scenario involves either a paradox or a split in the time line, ie the multiverse.
  • …which becomes an inconvenience to story tellers until the likes of Marvel or Disney turn to magic (a gauntlet or a Time Line Bureau) to reconcile the paradoxes to get the story told as they see fit.
  • However, Quantum rules do seem to make the idea more plausible, at least on some level where particles can be basically everywhere at once.
  • ?
;)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
p4059_d_v8_aa.jpg

"Support Your Local Sheriff!" and its sequel "Support Your Local Gunfighter" (Prime), a pair of comedies in which James Garner is at the zenith of his easy-going, wisecracking persona. In the first film he takes a temporary job as town sheriff and runs up against a gang of outlaws; in the second he's a gigolo who makes the mistake of impersonating an infamous killer.

Great troupe of character actors in these films: Jack Elam, Harry Morgan, Bruce Dern, Walter Brennan, Henry Jones, Suzanne Pleshette, John Dehner and others.

Don't miss the scene midway through "Sheriff" where Garner stops a stampeding gang of ruffians on horseback without bothering to get up from his chair. Brilliant sight gag. :ROFLMAO:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
AED80E3B-60BB-4727-A29F-20F02EE86746.jpeg

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)- When I first saw the title, on an airplane, terrible sound quality, the trailer did not impress me. I had low hopes, I think because how could they possibly match the original, and almost refused to watch it. But since the wife forced my hand and rented it, ;) I sat down and was immediately drawn in. It’s not a great movie, but it is a fun, nostalgic movie with many of the original stars, including a CGI’d Harold Ramis. This was directed by Jason Reitman, I’ll assume Ivan Reitman’s son and it is a worthy sequel.

Then there is Carrie Coon she has a way of speaking such that The Gilded Age kept flashing in my brain, somewhat interfering with her performance here, and I always like Paul Rudd, the somewhat delinquent scientist, school teacher and good performances by the kids. 👍 Watch the post credits. :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Huntn

Yeah, we've been waiting for this to hit a cheap rental or free on our services, seems like most people had your reaction. That it's fun, some nice nostalgic moments for those of us who grew up on the originals, some really likable actors - and it has sort of a sweet metacontextualness with the son/father director story.

Top Bottom
1 2