Canadian "Freedom Convoy" protests

• Thread starter Deleted member 215
  • Start date

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Another comparison

Why are there ALWAYS weapons involved in THESE ( also like the "political discourse" on Jan 6th ) protests?

I guess we should count our blessings, and be thankful for the fact that these people are too stupid to keep their plans secret, always bragging about their fight for freedom on Facebook shortly before the deed is done.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Are you suggesting Canada needs more BLM protests with heavily armed protestors?
I imagine if I did suggest such a thing, I would have said something similar to that.

Instead I was comparing how the people involved in such protests & the reactions from them & the public differ so wildly. The first set of protests were portrayed as anarchy & lawless bringing the fall of society. While in actuality the more recent protests ended up affecting more citizens & financially impacting dramatically business on both sides of the border.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
There's a roundup of major and minor press reactions to the truckers' convoy in the Columbia Journalism Review. Gotta love the wrap, a quote from 'the backlines'. Bolding below is mine.

For his Garbage Day newsletter, Ryan Broderick assessed Facebook metrics around convoy content and found that, while there are “plenty of real-looking users engaging with content about the convoys,” it’s “not as big as previous Facebook movements like this.” A top-performing convoy story posted by the Daily Wire, a right-wing site, was pushed heavily by accounts linked to the Daily Wire. “I think it’s probably time to call this what it is,” Broderick wrote: “a fringe Canadian protest movement being promoted by a glorified tweetdecking operation run by a bunch of American influencers as a desperate attempt to keep their accounts relevant.”

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Yet with BLM these same people were losing their $#!t over old pictures of piles of bricks?
People with bricks can cause injuries, or worse, property damage. They are wielded by the wrong kind of protesters. Guns are protected by 2A, in a way that bricks are not. Only decent, tradition-loving people wave their metal penises around – unless they are protesting for left-wing causes, in which case they should be arrested for being wrong.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Guns are protected by 2A, in a way that bricks are not.

Nope. The 2nd Amendment doesn't mention guns specifically, rather arms. Since anything can be a weapon depending upon your intentions, the right to carry bricks would be protected by the 2nd.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Nope. The 2nd Amendment doesn't mention guns specifically, rather arms. Since anything can be a weapon depending upon your intentions, the right to carry bricks would be protected by the 2nd.

Back in 1990 or so when I got my first CCP, it was a Concealed Weapons Permit. Covered all weapons including guns, knives and anything else that could be considered a weapon. In later years it was renamed a Concealed Pistol Permit. Guess knives were to deadly.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
People with bricks can cause injuries, or worse, property damage. They are wielded by the wrong kind of protesters. Guns are protected by 2A, in a way that bricks are not. Only decent, tradition-loving people wave their metal penises around – unless they are protesting for left-wing causes, in which case they should be arrested for being wrong.

Where’s the right’s outrage over all the unemployed protest brick masons? You can’t just toss any old brick at a protest. The center of gravity is all off which prevents the tosser from making their point. You’d think this would be part of the hard worker filled industries the right champions but I guess not. You just wake up one day and 4 generations of proud protest brick masons stops at you. All those pallets of free protest bricks lining the routes was a big waste of PR.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Back in 1990 or so when I got my first CCP, it was a Concealed Weapons Permit. Covered all weapons including guns, knives and anything else that could be considered a weapon. In later years it was renamed a Concealed Pistol Permit. Guess knives were to deadly.

You can take my pillowcase full of doorknobs from my cold, dead hands. :mad:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
“The infiltration of extreme elements, the RCMP finding firearms in the village of Coutts and the members that were associated with that who were involved in our movement, really changed things for us,” he said.

Just because I showed up to a protest with a small arsenal doesn’t mean I intended to use it. I don’t know how you could jump to that conclusion. Some people carry a wallet. Some carry a purse. Others, a backpack. I carry a small arsenal, the only thing on that list of common carried items that is a right, I might add. Why don’t you go question all those people carrying wallets, purses, and backpacks they don’t have a RIGHT to carry them.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Just because I showed up to a protest with a small arsenal doesn’t mean I intended to use it. I don’t know how you could jump to that conclusion. Some people carry a wallet. Some carry a purse. Others, a backpack. I carry a small arsenal, the only thing on that list of common carried items that is a right, I might add. Why don’t you go question all those people carrying wallets, purses, and backpacks they don’t have a RIGHT to carry them.

Not sure which of the firearms pictured earlier is a common occurrence here in Canada but it shouldn’t be.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
That is not entirely accurate, though. A vegetable knife can be used by Norman Bates, but that is not its intended application. 2A specifically protects arms – things that are design-intended to kill people – the primary use for bricks is not murder.

Top Bottom
1 2