Donald Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Announcement Nov. 15

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Not a very convincing post by Trump. He's probably having a bad morning.

That is the very first time I've visited Truth Social.
Now I feel the urgent need to shower. :sick:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He’s still going through with it. This is going to get really entertaining real fast. He’s going to be the front runner, announcing before anyone else and swatting at anyone else who announces, all while under an imminent federal indictment, possible state charges and god knows how many other civil and unknown criminal cases….

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Let that Trump Train self-destruct!

DeSantis will still be partying down after leading a sweep of Florida politics that practically wiped out any blue corners in the state. Meanwhile rafts of Trump-picked election deniers got handed pink slips and yet Trump wants to get out there now to say "Look at the carnage: only I can fix it." ?! Brilliant.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
He’s still going through with it.
Mango has no other choice. He needs to grift to his eyes pop out as this is his last chance. He knows DeSatan has to wait a while before considering a presidential run. He knows his hold is slipping and will only get weaker the closer we get to 2024. Hell, within the next few months. And the cherry on top is the NYS court cases, the GA grand jury, and whatever Garland has up his righteous sleeve as a post-election timeout breaker.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mango has no other choice. He needs to grift to his eyes pop out as this is his last chance. He knows DeSatan has to wait a while before considering a presidential run. He knows his hold is slipping and will only get weaker the closer we get to 2024. Hell, within the next few months. And the cherry on top is the NYS court cases, the GA grand jury, and whatever Garland has up his righteous sleeve as a post-election timeout breaker.
but if he runs he cant grift anymore all incoming money has to be accounted for. do more tasking most of the money thats donated to him all of his legal expenses will have to come out of his pockets. Plus some dumbass bank in California refinanced him I cant imagine what they were thinking but they deserve to get screwed.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
but if he runs he cant grift anymore all incoming money has to be accounted for. do more tasking most of the money thats donated to him all of his legal expenses will have to come out of his pockets. Plus some dumbass bank in California refinanced him I cant imagine what they were thinking but they deserve to get screwed.
I'm just waiting to see if indictments come down to see how quick he'll set up a new Supreme Court approved defense fund and use that as a grift somehow.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Don’t forget, Trump’s business dealings are also being monitored… It seems asinine to think anyone would commit blatant campaign crimes or fraud while under federal investigation, business audit, having your company sued and being investigated in Georgia….

But this is Trump we are talking about, so it also wouldn’t surprise me if he does.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Don’t forget, Trump’s business dealings are also being monitored… It seems asinine to think anyone would commit blatant campaign crimes or fraud while under federal investigation, business audit, having your company sued and being investigated in Georgia….
But this is Trump we are talking about, so it also wouldn’t surprise me if he does.

Yep, and Trump convinced himself a long time ago that campaign donations are for him. His money. He went nuts when he found out he had to set up and partly fund a transition team in 2016. The government does now provide some funds for office space, computers and stuff like that as soon as nominating conventions are over, but it's customary for private fundraising (max $5k donation per person) to cover additional expenses of paid and volunteer transition workers-- several hundred or more-- who meet with admin counterparts to get briefings and to prepare agency staffing recommendations to fill government slots post-election.

So Trump finally let Christie start organizing that for him, but then used to scream at him about the money, about "stealing his" money, once he found out that it was usual to solicit donations for the transition from political supporters. While mishandling of transition funds was not in fact an issue, Christie did end up leaving the transition team early over negative publicity re Bridgegate scandal back home in Jersey...

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, because I think he's more politically concerning, and certainly more capable - but if I had to pick Trump vs. DeSantis, as the nominee, and fuck me, but even actually in the White House?

*sigh*

I'd take DeSantis (the wife too, we had this discussion again this morning)

He's at least a politician, appropriately handles the job of being a publicly elected official. Sure many of this policies are toxic, but he attempts to engages government like a professional (even if he's a bit of a petty ass wipe). I'll fight policy with DeSantis in place, at least there's a defined front for the battle.

Trump?

He's a goddam goon. He knows nothing about policy, how to delegate, business, world politics, he supports nothing unless it's "trump is great", he's a psychotic, brain dead, pervy old coot. The worst part is his support seems to be [GQP] loons that have elevated him into some kind of god-like status, some kind of clown show second coming. We can't have that in our politics.

Good points. I’ve always found DeSantis far more radical on policy and actually ideology driven. He’s also far more involved in culture war nonsense. Trump on the other hand is completely consumed with himself and so tremendously personally off-putting/offensive to people, regardless of his policies. Neither is a great situation but I would agree, DeSantis is probably the better choice if one had to decide between the two.

Trump was overly assertive and not at all professional. DeSantis is assertive but can conduct himself appropriately.

If the republicans want to win, they will not elect Trump in the primaries. The question for them will become what’s more important, winning the election or the Trump personality cult.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
Biden's speech yesterday has me worried, that he's probably not able to run another campaign. It seems like his motor skills (mostly when talking) is deteriorating with every speech he makes, and Trump is still vibrant to point where you can't get him to shut up. I would personally want someone else to run against the Republican candidates. It's too bad AOC would fall short one year of age to qualify to run this time.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Biden's speech yesterday has me worried, that he's probably not able to run another campaign. It seems like his motor skills (mostly when talking) is deteriorating with every speech he makes, and Trump is still vibrant to point where you can't get him to shut up. I would personally want someone else to run against the Republican candidates. It's too bad AOC would fall short one year of age to qualify to run this time.

Don't be fooled, Trump stumbles and screws up just as much, he just keeps talking and yammering through it. He was calling JD Vance "JR", and I just commented a week or two ago about how he always screws up a word and then interrupts himself and goes on a tangent to attempt to hide his flub. Biden just gets the word out and moves on.

I'm not going to say that either guy - one pushing 80 and the other right behind him - are young and full of energy - but I listen to Biden's speeches and he gets his points across and cracks jokes, he's active... I don't think anyone would be questioning him if he were still behind a senate desk. He's fine.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'm not going to say that either guy - one pushing 80 and the other right behind him - are young and full of energy - but I listen to Biden's speeches and he gets his points across and cracks jokes, he's active... I don't think anyone would be questioning him if he were still behind a senate desk. He's fine.

You should also keep in mind that Biden is a lifelong stutterer as well.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just listened to a short Cory Booker interview by Steve Inskeep on NPR this morning.

His poise, intelligence, grasp of important issues going forward, being able clearly express himself in an articulate manner, etc. still convinces me he'd be an outstanding presidential nominee. With a circle of excellent advisors, including Biden, I think he'd be a great president.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

What I'm concerned about is how Biden will age over the next two years and the optics of him going against a healthy/fit/articulate DeSantis. Especially on the debate stage. Biden's walking stride has progressively degraded over the last few years. As has his speech.

That would first become apparent at the beginning of a debate where both candidates simultaneously walk out from stage left/right to shake hands before going to their podiums.

Also...being able to quickly and articulately respond to debate questions, would not be favorable to Biden, in contrast to DeSantis.

EDIT: It really does pain me to write the above as I really do like Biden as a person and leader.

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

this is the guy who made a trump corp 2 business.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
While a minority of the country may be excited by federal abortion protection being removed and giving Trump credit for it, he also effectively removed one the GOP’s biggest propaganda fundraising tools. So maybe Trump will be able to add the GOP to his bankruptcy accomplishments. He seems like the type who would go scorched earth on the party backed by his collision of hundredaires if they go down this road of saying mean things about him.

Top Bottom
1 2