FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
To be fair most Californians (especially in the Bay Area) hate Elon Musk. It's also an expensive state to both live in and run, it's one of the reasons some like to go to places like Texas or FLA as they don't have all of the overhead or regulations.

The other side of that is there is only so much room to grow in the Bay Area and it's been exceeded for a long time now, so things like homelessness along with gentrification and housing are, and will continue to be, at all time highs. I don't see how pinning that on any one Governor or Mayor will change that fact. I say we focus on things like high crime rates, where politicians can actually make a difference.

A lot of those issues can't be blamed on Newsom. But a comparison as to how FL and TX flourish without a 13% SIT would be fair game. Granted while CA has to have stringent building regs due to earthquakes, both FL and TX have them for hurricanes (more FL than TX).

I personally think Governors make better Presidents than those who have spent their careers in Congress. Reagan, Clinton, W, regardless of what you thought of their policies, were far better at working with both parties and getting stuff done. On the Dem side, the two front-runners would be Cooper and Whitmer, but they each have their own issues.

Words well worth repeating!

Well then let me repeat it: I do not want Trump to run in 2024!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If you have 5 minutes, this is a great and succinct summary of the Biden classified documents, with a few comparisons to the Trump case.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
To be fair most Californians (especially in the Bay Area) hate Elon Musk. It's also an expensive state to both live in and run, it's one of the reasons some like to go to places like Texas or FLA as they don't have all of the overhead or regulations.

The other side of that is there is only so much room to grow in the Bay Area and it's been exceeded for a long time now, so things like homelessness along with gentrification and housing are, and will continue to be, at all time highs. I don't see how pinning that on any one Governor or Mayor will change that fact. I say we focus on things like high crime rates, where politicians can actually make a difference.

The Elon Musk hate didn't really start until he started spewing right-wingisms. Before then he was the Telsa golden boy. But it's not just him. There's no shortage of tech founder worship here whose only real genius is having the right idea at the right time. A search engine and social media service that don't look like they were designed by a 12-year-old using geocities. Wow, what an innovation. Hey, maybe we could let people upload and share photos and videos. Amazing! How about you rent out stuff you own to strangers to make extra money. You can't expect having one job to pay the bills! And that's just the obvious stuff that is, well, obvious.

SF is tiny, and I'm not suggesting every square inch of the Bay Area should be developed, but there are huge portions of the area that are flat weed lands, especially on the east bay side that they are starting to develop at a snail's pace. A good part of this is corruption in zoning to keep real estate prices artificially high.

Want to reduce crime? The best way to do that is to improve economic conditions which includes lowering the cost of living.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
She has her own career, and the duties of First Lady are cutting into her time. I think she’ll be happy to don the “been there, done that” t-shirt.

tbh I don't know why anyone would want to be President of the USA these days (or VP either, or the spouse of either).

But moving back to the thread topic of document at Mar a Lago, Trump should be grateful for the distraction potential now that Biden has had to return documents to the National Archives as well. The difference in approach to those necessities has been pretty stark.

And of course, Trump being Trump, it's entirely possible he's resentful that Joe is cutting in on the media attention. For a long time The Don had sole custody of the classified documents press narrative. All those clippings, wow.

Now Joe gets the front page more often. So we're starting to get pushback from Trump, probably to the delight of whoever is working for Jack Smith. When Trump opens his mouth, his lawyers shudder or just sigh and shrug, depending on how badly Donnie just stepped in it again.

But hey on the bright side for Trump, he alone will regain the spotlight after Fani Willis decides what to do about the recommendations of the special grand jury in Atlanta that has just spent two years working on matters related to the 2020 election and Trump's attempts to interfere with the Georgia count. They wrapped up their work last week, gave a report to Willis and recommended that their findings be made public... and apparently they also made at least 18 other Republicans targets of their investigation.​
There's no way Joe Biden will be able to compete for the spotlight in Georgia. That press coverage will be about Trump alone and his sidekicks in the GOP trying in vain to swing the 2020 election Trump's way by "finding" enough votes to flip the state. Too bad for Joe. Let's face it, he'll never be the magnet for trouble and press coverage that Trump still is even after leaving office.​

But The Don will still win the Complicator's Prize on the matter of purloined federal documents. There's no one better at making things more complicated for himself in court ahead of time than Donald John Trump.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Biden running again? Harris or Whitmer replacing him at the top? Maybe Newsome? Who cares on a thread about Mango and his docu-scam-a-rama! Back to the topic on-hand

In the classified documents investigation, Smith brought a motion for contempt against the former president’s office after failing to provide a custodian of records to prove that all documents marked classified have been returned to the government. A federal judge recently ordered Trump’s lawyers to hand over the names of hired private investigators who searched Trump’s properties last year for any remaining classified documents.

From the outset, Smith has emphasized speed, saying after his appointment to special counsel that both investigations will move quickly and “will not pause or flag under my watch.” Smith is also armed with a staff that’s nearly twice the size of Robert Mueller’s team that investigated Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, and he already has sizable evidence—like the special report curated by the House Jan. 6 committee that has already recommended four criminal charges be brought against Trump. Unlike Mueller, Smith’s subject is not a sitting president, either (at least, for now).
That's why Mango is spewing extreme hate, even for him, against Jack Smith. And even against his wife.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
But moving back to the thread topic of document at Mar a Lago,
Thank you!

But The Don will still win the Complicator's Prize on the matter of purloined federal documents. There's no one better at making things more complicated for himself in court ahead of time than Donald John Trump.
The fool can't help himself. And I'm glad for it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Biden running again? Harris or Whitmer replacing him at the top? Maybe Newsome? Who cares on a thread about Mango and his docu-scam-a-rama! Back to the topic on-hand

That's why Mango is spewing extreme hate, even for him, against Jack Smith. And even against his wife.
Wow. I don‘t know whether to be impressed with the number of staff being used, or extremely depressed that they used so few for Mueller. It always seemed to me that there was more there, but they weren’t given all the resources they needed to nail Trump to the wall. So many witnesses that wouldn’t talk, and obstruction of justice by the President that was ultimately never prosecuted as it should have been through impeachment.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

"Not one to silently suffer, Trump has started a scorched-earth attack on Smith, describing him as a “Trump Hating THUG” and a “fully weaponized monster,and even appearing to question (?) whether Jack Smith is his real name:"

A fully weaponized monster? That's a fairly sophisticated construct. Someone else came up with that for trump.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Classified docs found at home of former VP Mike Pence…

So, can we give Pence and Biden the benefit of a doubt? These stories are not the same as Trump.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Classified docs found at home of former VP Mike Pence…

So, can we give Pence and Biden the benefit of a doubt? These stories are not the same as Trump.

Pence just found out about the Me Too movement and is attempting to redefine it to increase his media exposure.

I expect DeSantis to announce he believes using classified documents for wallpaper is the hot trend of conservative interior design that lets visitors know you aren't woke.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
So, can we give Pence and Biden the benefit of a doubt?

No problems here. I don't care much for Pence, but it seems as if he's doing the right thing.

But this is starting to turn into a circus. I want to go to Washington to get my own classified documents. It seems they hand them out like candy and don't much care what happens after that. It's like visiting MIT and discovering it's nothing but a bunch of empty buildings with a fantastic PR department instead of an actual university. I would have thought classified material was handled a little more carefully, but clearly I'm an idiot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No problems here. I don't care much for Pence, but it seems as if he's doing the right thing.

But this is starting to turn into a circus. I want to go to Washington to get my own classified documents. It seems they hand them out like candy and don't much care what happens after that. It's like visiting MIT and discovering it's nothing but a bunch of empty buildings with a fantastic PR department instead of an actual university. I would have thought classified material was handled a little more carefully, but clearly I'm an idiot. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I suspect most will do the right thing now that it seems they all have some stashed somewhere either knowingly or not, Trump being the only exception when it comes to turning them over.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I once attended a live Oprah TV show and found a bunch of secret documents under my seat!

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems people are cleaning house. While it does momentarily take the heat off of Trump, it also highlights his disregard of the law after the fact, which is where the real crime is. As has been mentioned many times, had he handed everything back, this would have been a one day news story.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My husband has a bunch of photos and documents marked TS. There is no stamp applied to something to show that it’s been declassified.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My husband has a bunch of photos and documents marked TS. There is no stamp applied to something to show that it’s been declassified.

No worries.

TS documents can be willed non-classified by tapping the end of your nose three times while looking at the cover of the document.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Seems people are cleaning house. While it does momentarily take the heat off of Trump, it also highlights his disregard of the law after the fact, which is where the real crime is. As has been mentioned many times, had he handed everything back, this would have been a one day news story.
Yes it does take the heat off of Trump for having them. However, his obstruction and the way it was handled are still on the table. In all these discoveries at Biden and Pence of Classified material, I don't see anything about empty classified folders. Why is that part of the story kind of glossed over? That scares me more than any other part of the Trump classified documents saga, especially with all the speculation of foreign influence surrounding Trump and his inner circle.

Top Bottom
1 2