Garland appointing special counsel

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Once again you are talking out of your ass. In NYS (not just NYC as you conservafucks like to insinuate) Cashless bail applies to nonviolent offenses. Rearrest rates are similar to pre-bail reform days. Look at your own state before lying about bail/bond and arrests. Y'all can't get your shit together so put down the stones while living in a glass house.
Bringing this back to the Capitol mob, DC is another jurisdiction with no cash bail. So either defendants were let go, or if they were too dangerous, they were remanded to custody. As far as I know, we didn’t have a lot of Jan 6 defendants skipping their trial dates, which fits with the data from the DC system. Well over 90% of people make their trial date without any incident.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bringing this back to the Capitol mob, DC is another jurisdiction with no cash bail. So either defendants were let go, or if they were too dangerous, they were remanded to custody. As far as I know, we didn’t have a lot of Jan 6 defendants skipping their trial dates, which fits with the data from the DC system. Well over 90% of people make their trial date without any incident.
so this is trailer grease's claim that they are held with no charges. I mean its not true but in her Qanon addled brain it is.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Once again you are talking out of your ass. In NYS (not just NYC as you conservafucks like to insinuate) Cashless bail applies to nonviolent offenses. Rearrest rates are similar to pre-bail reform days. Look at your own state before lying about bail/bond and arrests. Y'all can't get your shit together so put down the stones while living in a glass house.

Two points. I did not specify NYC. I wrote "NY" and have not edited my post. You assumed something that simply is not there.

Second, do you think Keaira Bennefield gives a rat's ass what the statute says? Oh, wait, she can't. She's dead because her husband shot her in front of her children hours after he was released on cashless bail. After being arrested for, wait it gets better, beating her.

Look, think what you want of me or any of us other conservative fucks, but the people aren't going to tolerate the violence. You can think they aren't moving out of the cities to safer places and that's fine. But when you wake up in 5 years and find your city is a rundown shithole, don't be surprised.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Two points. I did not specify NYC. I wrote "NY" and have not edited my post. You assumed something that simply is not there.

Second, do you think Keaira Bennefield gives a rat's ass what the statute says? Oh, wait, she can't. She's dead because her husband shot her in front of her children hours after he was released on cashless bail. After being arrested for, wait it gets better, beating her.

Look, think what you want of me or any of us other conservative fucks, but the people aren't going to tolerate the violence. You can think they aren't moving out of the cities to safer places and that's fine. But when you wake up in 5 years and find your city is a rundown shithole, don't be surprised.
What does this rant have to do with the special investigation?

Please move it to a relevant thread, because I don’t feel like cluttering this one up debunking the obvious mistakes above.

Seems like facing the reality of what happened on Jan 6 is scary for conservatives, based on these deflections and distractions.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I just don't think those yahoos running through the Capitol had any chance of overthrowing the government. None.
Consider the scenario in which Pence is murdered, along with several member of Congress, the Electoral College vote doesn't take place, the Capitol is trashed and normal operation of Congress is disrupted. That would have been the excuse for the sociopath Trump to declare martial law, a position he never would relinquish. So yeah, there was a good chance of the government being overthrown, not so much by the yahoos but by Trump himself.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Seems like facing the reality of what happened on Jan 6 is scary for conservatives, based on these deflections and distractions.

No, I'm just with the majority of the country where caring about Jan 6th is way down the list of things going on in this country.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
No, I'm just with the majority of the country where caring about Jan 6th is way down the list of things going on in this country.
What an odd thing to say. A violent attack on the Capitol, incited by a sitting president, in an attempt to block the peaceful transfer of power is "way down the list." What's above it - Hunter Biden's laptop?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
As already mentioned in this specific thread, this has nothing to do with the topic. So last response to the BS you've introduced to deflect from your shitty take on Jan 6th and other thuggish behavior that warranted Garland appointing SC:

This boils down to the DA's office doing a piss-poor job. There was clearly more than enough evidence to charge him with a felony. The DA knew his history and had video footage from the victim. How anyone could justify misdemeanors with the overwhelming evidence is beyond me. It has nothing to do with bail reform and everything to do with not protecting women, especially Black women.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
That would have been the excuse for the sociopath Trump to declare martial law, a position he never would relinquish.

According to MTG you've misspelled "Marshall law"...
But I think that was the basic idea: Either declare the whole election invalid and stay in office, or provoke a situation that allows to declare martial law and Trump as emperor.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
That’s…not even remotely accurate. A majority think it was a major crisis and that Trump should be charged, according to a few polls.

They do.

But it still fairly far down the list of concerns which are dominated by inflation, the economy, crime etc. I think it was Gallup that had it at 4% of people's top concerns.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What does this rant have to do with the special investigation?

Please move it to a relevant thread, because I don’t feel like cluttering this one up debunking the obvious mistakes above.

The irony is that I was replying to your post where you stated that we don't let people go. I simply countered that we did.

But if you think it was off-topic, you had 3 options.

1) Ignore it and it would have died in less than a page.

2) Report it.

3) Start with a post saying its off-topic. But don't reply to it and then mad when it grows legs.

PS - You don’t live in CA or NY, so you aren’t even using the word “we” correctly.

And my 22-year old daughter does live in CA so I am very concerned about her safety. That earns me the right to use "We"

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
And my 22-year old daughter does live in CA so I am very concerned about her safety. That earns me the right to use "We"
Bravo on your acrobatic ability to twist yourself into a knot to fit your argument.

It's isn't about caring about the Jan 6th commission, its what the GOP has done to erode our belief that some repercussions will come of it. The last 6 -8 years "we" have been beaten around the head with evading, delaying, excuse making, whataboutism, and outright hypocrisy.

So do you think the upcoming Hunter Biden laptop is more important that the Jan 6th insurrection? The Jan 6th commission has shown that it was more than just some folks wondering around. The insurrection was encouraged and given a little nudge at the highest levels of the government, and help from the right. It might not have had a full endorsement of the GOP, but IMO they definitely had folks within the party involved.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As a resident of California since 1974, I have no idea how you've become an expert in this area. Because your daughter just moved here?

Because I can read the news. And I’m not talking about Fox, but SFGate.

Plus there are plenty of posts here about it from people who are honest about what they are seeing happening.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Plus there are plenty of posts here about it from people who are honest about what they are seeing happening.
It's problem for the city of San Francisco but we should remember that the state has 40 million people, in the big picture I have a hard time pinning these crimes on the entire state. It's a local issue.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score

Okaaaay. Sure. You've read posts. I have lived from Northern California to Venice Beach. But even I would never make such a blanket statement. And I've lived it. In the actual state. For 48 years.

Plus, since you brought it up, feel free to tell me where I've been dishonest on these boards.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Okaaaay. Sure. You've read posts. I have lived from Northern California to Venice Beach. But even I would never make such a blanket statement. And I've lived it. In the actual state. For 48 years.

Plus, since you brought it up, feel free to tell me where I've been dishonest on these boards.
This poster’s accomplished their goal. You are discussing California street cred with somebody who’s never lived there instead of them needing to defend a statement that Jan 6 rioters just wandered into the Capitol. They also don’t see the attempted insurrection as a problem since it didn’t succeed in completely overthrowing the government of arguably the most powerful nation on Earth.

And THAT is why we’re talking about unrelated nonsense now. Both positions stated above are indefensible. Therefore, deflection and distraction are the only answers.

Top Bottom
1 2