If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company.

Why do I like this song so much?

The neat appearance (black trousers, white shirts, one clean shaven face and one tie), of the group, yes; the stunning lyrics, (fantastic), yes; the fact that a cello - a cello! - is strummed, chord like, nonchalently, almost like a guitar (or a theorbo) - oh, marvellous, that bass sound! - and the wonderfuly weird variety of the settings....

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Nothing Else Matters - Steve'N'Seagulls.

Wonderful lyrics, - and, again, this time with a double bass, that bass sound, played by hand, sigh, fantastic - terrific setting and song.

Gorgeous.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
New Mitski :love:

I cry at the start of every movie
I guess 'cause I wish I was making things too
But I'm working for the knife

I used to think I would tell stories
But nobody cared for the stories I had
About no good guys

I always knew the world moves on
I just didn't know it would go without me
I start the day high and it ends so low
'Cause I'm working for the knife

I used to think I'd be done by twenty
Now at twenty-nine, the road ahead appears the same
Though maybe at thirty I'll see a way to change
That I'm living for the knife

I always thought the choice was mine
And I was right but I just chose wrong
I start the day lying and end with the truth
That I'm dying for the knife

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Watched (with utter, entranced, enjoyment) a video:

Ars Musica Chicago, (a concert from August 21, 2020) featuring Brandon Acker playing, successively, pieces with a theorbo, Baroque lute, and Baroque guitar.

Sublime.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Currently enjoying (thoroughly enjoying) watching (and listening to) Felices Cantus Baroque, with "La Folia from the Renaissance through the Baroque Music," recorded on 13 June, 2018.

The incomparable Jordi Savall (complete with his stunning viol da gamba) plays, and the msicians all play with period instruments. Glorious.

Last edited:

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Currently playing the self titled album by Long Distance Calling. Love their sound sometimes - great instrumental rock with a prog touch.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My mother loved The Merry Wives of Windsor - especially, the Overture - (by Franz Lehár), - actually, she had it on a wonderfully solid 33 rpm vinyl record, one that dated from the fifties - and that is what I am listening to, just now.

Top Bottom
1 2