Indictment

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Anytime I see the name “George Soros” in a Republican statement, I automatically assume it’s being used in absence of any real substance or argument.
Soros is a spry lad, born in the summer of '30. Someday he will divest himself to the great hedge fund in the sky. How will the RWers cope with that? Will there be raucous fêtes, followed by a long morose era of searching, to find a new face of "evil"?

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
DeSantis claims he won’t comply with any extradition requests from NY. Trump’s lawyers say their client will present as requested, so it’s probably an empty political stunt. Still dangerous, though. And he invoked the Soros anti-Semitic trope while doing it. What a piece of work.
If it came down to it, DeSantis doesn’t have a choice - which he knows and since Trump will present as requested, yes his statement was an empty antisemitic political stunt.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Haven’t looked at any news this morning, but as of bedtime last night, he was being charged on 30+ counts of some kind of financial fraud. Meanwhile, he has numerous other battles to lose.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Haven’t looked at any news this morning, but as of bedtime last night, he was being charged on 30+ counts of some kind of financial fraud. Meanwhile, he has numerous other battles to lose.
the charges have not been announced yet.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the charges have not been announced yet.

They have not, and won’t be until he’s arraigned, but 30+ counts is what the news organizations are saying.

What’s the indictment for?

Trump faces more than 30 counts related to business fraud in the indictment, CNN has reported. It remains under seal.

If anyone can stomach Trump's "Truth" Social feed... it's FULL of Fox News propaganda. He's got fifteen posts up in the last few hours full of the usual Fox cultists, as well as his GOP cultists like Cruz, Hawley and Graham. Graham was on Fox News, calling the case "Bullshit" and imploring people to literally send Trump money. "He's being bled dry, please help him out!"

They don't even know what the charges are.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It'll be interesting to see what sort of camera crews/media circus trump has arranged to be present outside of the courthouse before and after he's arraigned.

I'm betting on bigly in size.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America​

March 30, 2023

“This is Political Persecution and Election Interference at the highest level in history. From the time I came down the golden escalator at Trump Tower, and even before I was sworn in as your President of the United States, the Radical Left Democrats - the enemy of the hard-working men and women of this Country - have been engaged in a Witch-Hunt to destroy the Make America Great Again movement. You remember it just like I do: Russia, Russia, Russia; the Mueller Hoax; Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine; Impeachment Hoax 1; Impeachment Hoax 2; the illegal and unconstitutional Mar-a-Lago raid; and now this.

“The Democrats have lied, cheated and stolen in their obsession with trying to ‘Get Trump,’ but now they’ve done the unthinkable - indicting a completely innocent person in an act of blatant Election Interference.

“Never before in our Nation’s history has this been done. The Democrats have cheated countless times over the decades, including spying on my campaign, but weaponizing our justice system to punish a political opponent, who just so happens to be a President of the United States and by far the leading Republican candidate for President, has never happened before. Ever.

“Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, who was hand-picked and funded by George Soros, is a disgrace. Rather than stopping the unprecedented crime wave taking over New York City, he’s doing Joe Biden’s dirty work, ignoring the murders and burglaries and assaults he should be focused on. This is how Bragg spends his time!

“I believe this Witch-Hunt will backfire massively on Joe Biden. The American people realize exactly what the Radical Left Democrats are doing here. Everyone can see it. So our Movement, and our Party - united and strong - will first defeat Alvin Bragg, and then we will defeat Joe Biden, and we are going to throw every last one of these Crooked Democrats out of office so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

It's evident to me that he didn't actually write that press release. It's too coherent. It says all the things he would say, while staying on topic. No way he wrote that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Soros is a spry lad, born in the summer of '30. Someday he will divest himself to the great hedge fund in the sky. How will the RWers cope with that? Will there be raucous fêtes, followed by a long morose era of searching, to find a new face of "evil"?

I think Soros should back Trump just to watch the 🤯 on the right.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The meltdown is real.

b1pq10xyc4ra1.png

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's evident to me that he didn't actually write that press release. It's too coherent. It says all the things he would say, while staying on topic. No way he wrote that.

I noticed it hits the talking points and usual Trump lies and BS, but the end was way too restrained. It’s as if someone said “How can I use all the defamatory statements and hyperbole, without trying to incite the next version of January 6”. It’s almost like the author intentionally substituted hints of violence (“death and destruction”) with voting/throwing people out of office, which is usual political tough-talk jargon.

It sounds like Trump to me, but the ending sounded like someone thinking things through and trying not to incite violence. There’s visible restraint. And that’s not how Trump operates. He doesn’t think and he loves violence, as long as he’s got other people doing the hitting, taking the hits, and suffering the consequences for him.

The meltdown is real.

b1pq10xyc4ra1.png

Where’s that guy who played John Locke in Lost? He’s a good actor, haven’t seen him in much recently. It’s about as relevant as wherever Hunter Biden is.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
How hypocritical is the outrage by Trump and his GOP supporters considering the deplorables at his 2016 campaign rallies routinely chanted "lock her up?" Trump meanwhile tried to block the peaceful transition of power and stole top secret documents, as well as other transgressions - much worse than anything Hillary did - but it's just Democrats being political.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
How hypocritical is the outrage by Trump and his GOP supporters considering the deplorables at his 2016 campaign rallies routinely chanted "lock her up?" Trump meanwhile tried to block the peaceful transition of power and stole top secret documents, as well as other transgressions - much worse than anything Hillary did - but it's just Democrats being political.
From the sounds of it, despite what Republicans are saying, this type of prosecution is boilerplate and happens to a lot of people all the time by this DA, regardless of their political affiliation. They just want an exception in this case.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Lindsey Graham says Trump should 'smash some windows' and 'punch a cop' on his way to being booked​

• He said that Trump would then "avoid prosecution" and be "released IMMEDIATELY!"
  • It was an apparent joke about DA Alvin Bragg's criminal justice-focused policies.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score

Lindsey Graham says Trump should 'smash some windows' and 'punch a cop' on his way to being booked​

So Lindsey, I take it you're saying people who smash windows and punch cops should not be treated lightly by law enforcement. What say you then to Trump's referring to the Jan. 6 mob, which did those things, as "patriots?" Hello...Lindsey...

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So Lindsey, I take it you're saying people who smash windows and punch cops should not be treated lightly by law enforcement. What say you then to Trump's referring to the Jan. 6 mob, which did those things, as "patriots?" Hello...Lindsey...

I had a wee bit of respect for Graham back when McCain was around and they were best buds.

It's amazing how far Graham has fallen (into the sewer) since McCain passed away.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
From the sounds of it, despite what Republicans are saying, this type of prosecution is boilerplate and happens to a lot of people all the time by this DA, regardless of their political affiliation. They just want an exception in this case.

“Too big to fail.”

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm wondering if between now and Tuesday, should trump keep up his attacks and veiled threats on the system and judge, could he wind up being denied bail at his arraignment.

Top Bottom
1 2