Indictment

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if between now and Tuesday, should trump keep up his attacks and veiled threats on the system and judge, could he wind up being denied bail at his arraignment.
that wont happen at all. its not that serious of a case. a gag order would be great though. that trump would break over and over again.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm wondering if between now and Tuesday, should trump keep up his attacks and veiled threats on the system and judge, could he wind up being denied bail at his arraignment.
In NY, I believe the law doesn’t allow bail for non-violent offenses (I could be wrong - I heard a lawyer say that but I didn’t check the statutes myself).

The prosecutors will likely ask for a gag order if Trump attacks the court, the jury pool, etc.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I fear this is more likely than not to happen.

5a91df84acra1.png

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
that wont happen at all. its not that serious of a case. a gag order would be great though. that trump would break over and over again.

Relatedly (and setting aside the issue of trump's verbal attacks on the court/judge, for the moment),...if some of the rumored two dozen charges are felonies (with potential serious jail time), isn't the purpose of bail to help guarantee the charged person will appear in court?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Relatedly (and setting aside the issue of trump's verbal attacks on the court/judge, for the moment),...if some of the rumored two dozen charges are felonies (with potential serious jail time), isn't the purpose of bail to help guarantee the charged person will appear in court?
If there is reason to believe the person won’t appear, and if it’s an offense for which cash bail is not allowed, they use other methods of assuring compliance (like GPS monitoring).

In Trump’s case, they will always know where to find him, so it seems unlikely that the court would order anything like that.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If there is reason to believe the person won’t appear, and if it’s an offense for which cash bail is not allowed, they use other methods of assuring compliance (like GPS monitoring).

In Trump’s case, they will always know where to find him, so it seems unlikely that the court would order anything like that.

I get that. But trump is so unpredictable and squirrelly, to the point where it's rare ever catching him telling a truth. Would he flee if he was potentially facing, say, just two years in prison? Beats me.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I get that. But trump is so unpredictable and squirrelly, to the point where it's rare ever catching him telling a truth. Would he flee if he was potentially facing, say, just two years in prison? Beats me.

I would have no problem with him fleeing, given that he‘d probably have to go to Russia if he doesn’t want to get extradited back. Putting him in jail makes him a red hat martyr. Him running away and hiding with Putin kills at least some of the enthusiasm for him.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would have no problem with him fleeing, given that he‘d probably have to go to Russia if he doesn’t want to get extradited back. Putting him in jail makes him a red hat martyr. Him running away and hiding with Putin kills at least some of the enthusiasm for him.
I actually would prefer to see him in jail. He’s going to be a martyr anyway, his followers wont care if he flees to Russia and it would be an important step for American democracy to show that no one is above the law. We’re quite a bit behind holding former leaders accountable for crimes committed compared to peer nations.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Almost everyone who aligns with Trump pays the price. Lawyers get sanctioned, disbarred and/or imprisoned, his CFO is in jail, at least 11 people who played a role in Trump’s presidential campaigns or his administration have been charged with crimes (Bannon, Flynn, Manafort, etc.). Yet the cult members think that Individual 1 is innocent and the Republicans who know better still publicly support him. Unbelievable.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
would love for him to go to Russia but he may fall out a window.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Going to be an interesting next year and a half. Trump is running, under indictment and facing others, and the GOP is rushing to defend him, and Congressional house republicans are already on the march from Trump’s orders to use the House of Representatives as Trump’s personal defense law firm.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Going to be an interesting next year and a half. Trump is running, under indictment and facing others, and the GOP is rushing to defend him, and Congressional house republicans are already on the march from Trump’s orders to use the House of Representatives as Trump’s personal defense law firm.

Sad and bewildering. They're all afraid of him and his influence. There's not a spine among them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sad and bewildering. They're all afraid of him and his influence. There's not a spine among them.
We've seen it time and time again, go against him and you'll lose. It looked like DeSantis was mounting an effort but even he's caved and is kissing the ring, it's a bad time to be a Republican.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A sober response from a Republican…

View attachment 22657

Ah, yes. A Republican makes a sober statement, but they only sobered up a little because they have a motive…

Top Bottom
1 2