Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
1680460074496.jpeg

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Damn, I'm starting to think Stormy got a writer :ROFLMAO:

I can't remember which show it was (maybe Jimmy Kimmel?), but I saw an interview with Stormy Daniels once, and she seemed quite witty during the whole talk.
While it's not impossible that she hired someone to deal with all the only stuff, I definitely think she'd be capable of such comments all on her own.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We are starting a new CT: Individual-ONE actually died around 30+ years ago; meanwhile, the combination of alternative medicine and aggessive chemo worked – the Man in the Moon is still alive, and in a couple of years, he will rip off the mask to reveal that it has been Andy Kaufman trolling us lo these past few decades.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We are starting a new CT: Individual-ONE actually died around 30+ years ago; meanwhile, the combination of alternative medicine and aggessive chemo worked – the Man in the Moon is still alive, and in a couple of years, he will rip off the mask to reveal that it has been Andy Kaufman trolling us lo these past few decades.

If Trump grew a mustache and dyed his hair, he could pass as Tony Clifton. He’s already got the obesity and grating personality down.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looks like a majority support the indictment but most think it's political, frankly I don't see how it could be not be viewed that way.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Everything is going to be inherently political and “politicized”. Just the way it is in the modern era. Doesn’t mean you let a guy go. FFS, he’s literally admitting to it in softball questions. “I have the right to take stuff!”

I would not be surprised if he stands trial for obstruction and maybe even witness tampering before he faces trial for his sleazy business practices in NY.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Everything is going to be inherently political and “politicized”. Just the way it is in the modern era. Doesn’t mean you let a guy go. FFS, he’s literally admitting to it in softball questions. “I have the right to take stuff!”

I would not be surprised if he stands trial for obstruction and maybe even witness tampering before he faces trial for his sleazy business practices in NY.

They have him dead to rights on obstruction now, looks like. And evidence that he was using the docs he stole to show them to donors, to get more $$. Only question is whether the special counsel moves forward on that now, or waits until he decides on what to do about the Jan. 6 side of the investigation.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
DeSantis claims he won’t comply with any extradition requests from NY. Trump’s lawyers say their client will present as requested, so it’s probably an empty political stunt. Still dangerous, though. And he invoked the Soros anti-Semitic trope while doing it. What a piece of work.

As a Jew I feel compelled to speak about all this George Soros stuff. Firstly, he is definitely the topic of many antisemitic conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality. I think some right-wing Politicians sometimes also mention him to appeal to those who believe in the conspiracy- aka dog whistling while not necessarily believing the conspiracies. There is a long standing antisemitic trope about Jews controlling the world and acting as puppet masters, pulling the strings of leaders. Obviously this is ridiculous.

On the other hand, George Soros does donate substantial sums of money to influence politics- either directly or through intermediaries. He has his own political agenda, often very liberal/progressive. Being critical of any billionaire who uses their fortune to influence politics I think is fair game and honestly something we as society should think about.

I think more often, at least in the mainstream, Soros is often invoked by the to describe radical ideology. I doubt most people know his specific views or even that he is Jewish. In a similar fashion, Democrats often complain about the Koch brothers and call out “Koch-backed” or “Koch-funded” individuals. The NRA is another scapegoat, except obviously an organization, but still blamed for its political influence today despite as I understand having very little power compared to where it once stood.

At the same time, I think there are some on the left that use the existence of the antisemitic Soros trope to defend him and essentially make it impossible to criticize him without also being labeled as an antisemite (or a self-loathing Jew?). As a Jew, I find using false claims of antisemitism to shield criticism incredibly immoral and disrespectful given what Jewish history.

Sorting out explicit antisemitism, dog-whistling, and valid criticism/disagreement in this case is difficult. Personally, I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt when possible. I don’t think considering everything antisemitic by default is helpful. That said, the history of the individual is important. If they expound other antisemitic conspiracies then it’s fair to assume invoking Soros is antisemitic.

I don’t know exactly what Desantis said but I don’t have any knowledge of him saying anything antisemitic in the past. He did sign an antisemitism bill in FL to help protect Jewish people. So I have no reason to believe he is antisemitic.

I have no affection for Desantis or Trump. And I honestly have no opinion on the Soros. I don’t have much knowledge on his specific political beliefs- I am sure I would disagree on some things and agree on others- but he’s allowed to have them and spend his money as he pleases. I am generally not a fan of individuals or companies/organizations having great influence over the government though, even if I agree with their aims. I would love to see reforms around this.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Trump DOJ told NY DA to back off because they were building a case. So they did and then Trump’s DOJ did jack shit. But hey, let’s investigate Democrats weaponizing the federal government.

On a related note, I recently heard a commentator on the right talk about how Garland is blowing it, not because his snail pace on the 1/6 investigation, but because the Muller report listed 10 ways Trump could be pursued once he is no longer President and couldn’t be pursued because he was President at the time. Garland could have dropped the hammer on day one. Ineffectual much? There’s far more evidence that if anything is political in this whole mess it’s Democrat’s years of not doing anything and deserving of their reputation as pussies while Republicans loudly wage their wars on nothing burgers.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
As a Jew I feel compelled to speak about all this George Soros stuff. Firstly, he is definitely the topic of many antisemitic conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality. I think some right-wing Politicians sometimes also mention him to appeal to those who believe in the conspiracy- aka dog whistling while not necessarily believing the conspiracies. There is a long standing antisemitic trope about Jews controlling the world and acting as puppet masters, pulling the strings of leaders. Obviously this is ridiculous.

On the other hand, George Soros does donate substantial sums of money to influence politics- either directly or through intermediaries. He has his own political agenda, often very liberal/progressive. Being critical of any billionaire who uses their fortune to influence politics I think is fair game and honestly something we as society should think about.

I think more often, at least in the mainstream, Soros is often invoked by the to describe radical ideology. I doubt most people know his specific views or even that he is Jewish. In a similar fashion, Democrats often complain about the Koch brothers and call out “Koch-backed” or “Koch-funded” individuals. The NRA is another scapegoat, except obviously an organization, but still blamed for its political influence today despite as I understand having very little power compared to where it once stood.

At the same time, I think there are some on the left that use the existence of the antisemitic Soros trope to defend him and essentially make it impossible to criticize him without also being labeled as an antisemite (or a self-loathing Jew?). As a Jew, I find using false claims of antisemitism to shield criticism incredibly immoral and disrespectful given what Jewish history.

Sorting out explicit antisemitism, dog-whistling, and valid criticism/disagreement in this case is difficult. Personally, I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt when possible. I don’t think considering everything antisemitic by default is helpful. That said, the history of the individual is important. If they expound other antisemitic conspiracies then it’s fair to assume invoking Soros is antisemitic.

I don’t know exactly what Desantis said but I don’t have any knowledge of him saying anything antisemitic in the past. He did sign an antisemitism bill in FL to help protect Jewish people. So I have no reason to believe he is antisemitic.

I have no affection for Desantis or Trump. And I honestly have no opinion on the Soros. I don’t have much knowledge on his specific political beliefs- I am sure I would disagree on some things and agree on others- but he’s allowed to have them and spend his money as he pleases. I am generally not a fan of individuals or companies/organizations having great influence over the government though, even if I agree with their aims. I would love to see reforms around this.
And, as one Jew to another, I think you're incredibly naive or uniformed. Invoking George Soros by name has become a way to inject anti-Semitism without appearing to be anti-Semitic. Yeah, some people reference him just on the basis of how he uses his wealth to influence politics and society, but do you really believe DeSantis wasn't aware of the implication when he branded Alvin Bragg as "Soros-backed?"

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Having fun watching the perp chase on CNN, this whole thing smacks of OJ.

Top Bottom
1 2