Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Liz Cheney saying Donald Trump is directly involved in witness tampering.

*And the witness who was called by Trump contacted the Justice Department J6 committee directly. That's a slam-dunk case right there. Crimes to cover up crimes. Yeah, Trump is going to federal prison.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Liz Cheney saying Donald Trump is directly involved in witness tampering.

*And the witness who was called by Trump contacted the Justice Department directly. That's a slam-dunk case right there. Crimes to cover up crimes. Yeah, Trump is going to federal prison.
That was a pretty big bombshell, Trump simply doesn't give a shit and this DOJ doesn't look like they'll act. Shame.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had the info wrong, the witness (who hasn't appeared in the hearings yet) contacted their lawyer, the lawyer contacted the J6 committee, and the committee then referred it to the DoJ.

That's after the fact though - point is, Trump is still doing whatever he has to, the law be damned. And his tweets - ahem, "Truths" - are still full of lies about a "stolen and rigged election". He's desperate and I'm sure outraged that Cipollone did the right thing.

I think the DoJ has a very close ear to the pulse of what's going on. While it seems there is already more than enough evidence to act, it makes sense to let the committee do its thing. It just adds more evidence to the pile, and Merrick Garland isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The political fallout from this - no matter how it shakes out - is huge. If Garland acts on this stuff before the midterms, republicans will say it was the "fear of a red wave". If he acts afterward, it will be to "stop Trump from running again". You will not win with these people, but I say go ahead and do what needs to be done anyway. They won't accept a free and fair election, so at this point, what's the harm?

Do these idiots not realize that if they think this is all perfectly fine and legal, Biden is free to do the same thing? Of course, he never would, and any sane and rational person knows that, but how daft to you have to be to think you can just claim an election was stolen, have no proof, get turned down by courts across the country, have everyone and their mother telling you that you lost and the election is OVER, but just by regurgitating the same crap over and over, it makes everything you do somehow legit? There was a good analogy on MSNBC - if you take a suitcase that looks like yours by mistake at the airport, that doesn't make you a thief. But if people are telling you the suitcase isn't yours, and the name on the suitcase isn't yours, you can't just say "Well, I think its mine" and leave with it. It's clearly theft at that point.

Trump got away with a LOT of criminal, borderline criminal and flat-out disgusting behavior that would have never been tolerated by any elected official in years past. An affair, a love child or your stereotypical grift would have been enough to bury a lot of high-profile or national candidates in the past. Ask John Edwards, Mark Sanford, etc. Trump is the opposite - the more derelict and disgusting his behavior, the more they seem to cheer him on.

Will these empty conservative suits in congress every speak up against this out of control lunatic, or are we just going to have to suffer while he continues breaking the law and spreading bullshit across the country like cancer?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think he'll run again anyway and if he did I don't think he would get reelected anyway, at least at this point.

For a while the thought of Biden not running again got met with "but who will run then?" which got responded to with the usual cast of characters who wouldn't be appealing to a lot of voters. As time goes by it seems the answer to that question is becoming more "literally anyone. I don't care. I'll vote for them."

The only thing we do know for sure is a majority of voters don't want a Biden vs Trump 2024 election. They want them both gone.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I had the info wrong, the witness (who hasn't appeared in the hearings yet) contacted their lawyer, the lawyer contacted the J6 committee, and the committee then referred it to the DoJ.

That's after the fact though - point is, Trump is still doing whatever he has to, the law be damned. And his tweets - ahem, "Truths" - are still full of lies about a "stolen and rigged election". He's desperate and I'm sure outraged that Cipollone did the right thing.

I think the DoJ has a very close ear to the pulse of what's going on. While it seems there is already more than enough evidence to act, it makes sense to let the committee do its thing. It just adds more evidence to the pile, and Merrick Garland isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The political fallout from this - no matter how it shakes out - is huge. If Garland acts on this stuff before the midterms, republicans will say it was the "fear of a red wave". If he acts afterward, it will be to "stop Trump from running again". You will not win with these people, but I say go ahead and do what needs to be done anyway. They won't accept a free and fair election, so at this point, what's the harm?

Do these idiots not realize that if they think this is all perfectly fine and legal, Biden is free to do the same thing? Of course, he never would, and any sane and rational person knows that, but how daft to you have to be to think you can just claim an election was stolen, have no proof, get turned down by courts across the country, have everyone and their mother telling you that you lost and the election is OVER, but just by regurgitating the same crap over and over, it makes everything you do somehow legit?

Trump got away with a LOT of criminal, borderline criminal and flat-out disgusting behavior that would have never been tolerated by any elected official in years past. An affair, a child out of wedlock, or your stereotypical grift would have been enough to bury a lot of high-profile or national candidates in the past. Ask John Edwards, Mark Sanford, etc. Trump is the opposite - the more derelict and disgusting his behavior, the more they seem to cheer him on.

Will these empty conservative suits in congress every speak up against this out of control lunatic, or are we just going to have to suffer while he continues breaking the law and spreading bullshit across the country like cancer?
I see the same people that excuse Trump’s behavior saying “if you get rid of the filibuster, the GOP will use that too!”

Um, think about how that "logic" might apply to stuff your OWN guy already did? Imagine if a COMPETENT person pursued a similar tactic.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
For a while the thought of Biden not running again got met with "but who will run then?" which got responded to with the usual cast of characters who wouldn't be appealing to a lot of voters. As time goes by it seems the answer to that question is becoming more "literally anyone. I don't care. I'll vote for them."

The only thing we do know for sure is a majority of voters don't want a Biden vs Trump 2024 election. They want them both gone.
A Newsom v DeSantis matchup would be pretty epic I think.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's just common sense. If the sitting president who loses an election can just say "It was stolen, I'm not leaving", invite all sorts of lunatic ambulance chaser lawyers over to plot a path forward, try to install a nobody as AG, call secretaries of state to pressure them to throw out or find votes, etc.... then what?

This isn't solely about Trump. Yeah, he's the gigantic peckerhead who's stirred up all this shit, but if its ok for him, its ok for anyone else. Either this is unacceptable and criminal behavior that shouldn't and won't ever be tolerated again, or the elections are just a façade and whoever can play the game of chess best gets to stay in power.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

AOC should run. Many Trumpkins picked Trump simply to make liberals’ heads explode. Same motivation might apply to Dems that see AOC on the ticket. The wailing and gnashing of teeth from right-wingers would never end if she won. It would be delightful to see them whine and cry as they begrudgingly enjoyed their newfound universal health care, cheaper electric bills, etc.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A Newsom v DeSantis matchup would be pretty epic I think.

I would want both men to state upfront, in the primaries before they even face off, that they will accept the results of the election. I'm sure that would be easy for Newsom, not so much for DeSantis. Of course, who knows what bullshit republican state legislators and MAGA cultists who end up in elected office will try come later this year or in 2024. I'm afraid some of the damage has been done when it comes to eroding trust in the electoral process. And so when republicans start taking these extreme measures to obtain their desired outcomes, democrats will (rightly) cry foul. And republicans will point the finger back and say "Aha, I thought our elections were perfectly safe and fine! Now that you've lost, you're making the same claims Trump did!"

And around we go. Now, having said that, I truly don't care, because facts matter. Trump lying about a stolen election doesn't mean that if an election is one day actually stolen, people should be quiet.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
AOC should run. Many Trumpkins picked Trump simply to make liberals’ heads explode. Same motivation might apply to Dems that see AOC on the ticket. The wailing and gnashing of teeth from right-wingers would never end if she won. It would be delightful to see them whine and cry as they begrudgingly enjoyed their newfound universal health care, cheaper electric bills, etc.

To really see some heads explode from anger and confusion, I’d love to see AOC and MTG come together to work on something. Off the top of my head they can probably agree on elite corruption.

And if we’re going to be honest, that’s the exact type of collaboration the ruling class fears the most…the polar ends of the spectrum representing the working class working together in common cause.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Let's not forget that even though Trump won the 2016 election he claimed that he lost the popular vote because millions of people voted illegally. So whenever he loses anything it's because of fraud. Whenever he's investigated it's a witch hunt. Whenever someone in his inner circle says anything bad about him he claims to not really know the person.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
They’re not gonna do anything to him.

Remember when Ethan Couch, drunk off his ass, ran his pickup into several people by the roadside, killing four of them? Who got alcohol rehab because his family was influential, weathy and white? Some people face no consequences for their stupidity because they were born lucky. CFEFWSG will never really be held to account – too many people are afraid of him.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
Remember when Ethan Couch, drunk off his ass, ran his pickup into several people by the roadside, killing four of them? Who got alcohol rehab because his family was influential, weathy and white? Some people face no consequences for their stupidity because they were born lucky. CFEFWSG will never really be held to account – too many people are afraid of him.
not going to argue with you here, but I would wish he WOULD come to account, and the sooner the better.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
not going to argue with you here, but I would wish he WOULD come to account, and the sooner the better.

The American Brahmin must be extremely cautious how the treat others of their caste. If the powerful become vulnerable to accountability, each of them will live with a sense of unease that they might face prosecution for things they have done. The people in the streets might struggle to comprehend actions which can seem to them unsavory, callous, even vile, so they should only have access to information that does not foment unrest, and other Brahmin must only be punished for the most obvious and unforgivabe of transgressions, to preserve the proper order.

Hence, if Individual-ONE faces prosecution for actions that might not be so far beyond the pale for Brahmin, it could erode safety for the caste in general and possible threaten the stability of the entire system.

This is reality. As egalitarian as America is portrayed to be, in truth it is almost as stratified as a feudal realm, with an ever so slightly more dynamic order that can occasionally see people cross caste boundaries. The Brahmin feel compelled to maintain the integrity of the caste boundaries as much as possible because, well, they are Brahmin, that is what they do.

Top Bottom
1 2