Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just saw a Rolling Stone article that says Meadows may be the new fall guy. Once the indictments start coming from the DoJ, you can bet Trump will just push it off onto all of his subordinates, with Eastman, Clark and now Meadows probably being the big three to take the fall for Trump. It's never Trump's fault, remember. And while he shouldn't go unscathed, those folks absolutely should have to take a hit for being unable and unwilling to do the right thing and put their foot down. Eastman was nobody, an outside lawyer, so his ass is grass. But Meadows and Clark worked in government, and abuse of office is even worse.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
smart not to.

Seems that could be kind of squishy for trump.

That person (being an upcoming Committee witness), so far, is only known to the Committee. trump and no one else knows who it is.

It seems trump could weasel and say he called for a variety of innocent reasons; such as, he's "writing" a book and needs some quotes/information, wants to play a round of golf, catch up and exchange addresses, have lunch, whatever. Feels like a potential juror could believe that's reasonable doubt since the person who received but did not pick and listen to the the call, has no knowledge of what that conversation would have been about.

If instead the unknown witness picked up that call and actually listened to trump's potential pitch to not say anything negative about trump to the Committee, then that witness could testify to the Committee under oath about the actual pitch.

Your thoughts?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Seems that could be kind of squishy for trump.

That person (being an upcoming Committee witness), so far, is only known to the Committee. trump and no one else knows who it is.

It seems trump could weasel and say he called for a variety of innocent reasons; such as, he's "writing" a book and needs some quotes/information, wants to play a round of golf, catch up and exchange addresses, have lunch, whatever. Feels like a potential juror could believe that's reasonable doubt since the person who received but did not pick and listen to the the call, has no knowledge of what that conversation would have been about.

If instead the unknown witness picked up that call and actually listened to trump's potential pitch to not say anything negative about trump to the Committee, then that witness could testify to the Committee under oath about the actual pitch.

Your thoughts?

In my mind there’s no way to charge him with anything criminal here unless there are facts we don’t know. He could actually have been calling to catch up. He may not have known it was a witness. The few scant facts we were given aren’t as nefarious on their face as people are making out. (Look, I know he was probably trying to tamper with a witness, but it can’t be proven unless there is much more happening that we don’t know about).

But from the witnesses’ perspective, the right thing to do was to avoid the call and inform the authorities. You don’t want to be in a situation where you’ve been somehow compromised by taking the call.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
In my mind there’s no way to charge him with anything criminal here unless there are facts we don’t know. He could actually have been calling to catch up. He may not have known it was a witness. The few scant facts we were given aren’t as nefarious on their face as people are making out. (Look, I know he was probably trying to tamper with a witness, but it can’t be proven unless there is much more happening that we don’t know about).

But from the witnesses’ perspective, the right thing to do was to avoid the call and inform the authorities. You don’t want to be in a situation where you’ve been somehow compromised by taking the call.
I think Cheney’s statement was a warning to Trump more than an indictment of him.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I really hope Trump ends up in prison but the cynic in me says nothing will happen. People are saying imprisoning Trump would be detrimental to the country. M a y b e. But it would be far, far worse to let him get away with this shit. That would just allow someone even worse to eventually come along. I really hope the DoJ does something with all of this evidence and doesn't just sit on their ass.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There were plenty of attention-grabbing moments yesterday. As for damning evidence, the impromptu march to the Capitol was NOT spur-of-the-moment. It was planned... so I looked for more detail online...

Here's a January 4 text from Amy Kremer to Mike Lindell, the Pillow weirdo, telling him there will be a march on the Capitol after the rally on the Ellipse.

"This stays only between us," she cautions, adding that "It can also not get out about the march because I will be in trouble with the national park service and all the agencies but POTUS is going to just call for it 'unexpectedly.'"

This march to the Capitol did not have a permit, and was not “impromptu” at all. It was planned in advance with the President’s knowledge (and likely at his direction). Another march scheduled for Jan 22 was moved to Jan 6 to coincide with it.

Many members of Congress knew about it:

Members of Congress -- including GOP Reps. Mo Brooks, Brian Babin, Andy Biggs, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Andy Harris, Jody Hice, Jim Jordan, Scott Perry, and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia -- discussed the planned march on the Capitol after the rally during a December 21 meeting at the White House with Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani, and Mike Pence. They all knew their armed supporters were descending on DC. That's why GOP Rep. Debbie Lesko was freaking out in a closed-door caucus meeting on January 5 about "Trump supporters, who actually believe that we are going to overturn the election. And when that doesn't happen... they are going to go nuts." Not that she bothered to alert the Capitol Police about her concerns.

More detailed coverage here (quotes above are from this site):

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This march to the Capitol did not have a permit, and was not “impromptu” at all. It was planned in advance with the President’s knowledge (and likely at his direction).
Absolutely. I was surprised I had never heard of the site wildprotest.com when they mentioned it. There's an archive of it here. Nothing impromptu about this.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I really hope Trump ends up in prison but the cynic in me says nothing will happen. People are saying imprisoning Trump would be detrimental to the country. M a y b e. But it would be far, far worse to let him get away with this shit. That would just allow someone even worse to eventually come along. I really hope the DoJ does something with all of this evidence and doesn't just sit on their ass.

I'm optimistic. Garland strikes me as one who is very methodical, determined, and patient. And working out of the limelight.

The country needs an indictment and conviction to properly move forward. And that goes for others, including those in Congress, who were complicit.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Saw this tweetcapture posted elsewhere and a certain irony struck me,

FB025956-C27C-433A-A008-E84DD5FE54DC.jpeg

Apparently Individual-ONE felt that a Constitutional crisis was the right course – yet he appointed 3 Originalists to SCotUS, who treat the Constitution as gospel, at least in terms of what they think it should mean. This is hurting my head.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Apparently Individual-ONE felt that a Constitutional crisis was the right course – yet he appointed 3 Originalists to SCotUS, who treat the Constitution as gospel, at least in terms of what they think it should mean. This is hurting my head.

I long for the days when a constitutional crisis was something that only happened when you went to the bathroom after eating Taco Bell.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Geraldo is also trying to pass the blame off of Trump and onto his cronies. Yeah, its not the Dons fault, if only those capos and foot soldiers hadn't influenced him.

Also, Geraldo is full of shit if he ever believed anything Trump said in the first place. Who couldn't see this coming? Maher said for years he wouldn't just leave peacefully and would try to stay in power. He rehashed his BS "stolen election" three times before January 6 even happened - during the 2016 Iowa caucus, the 2016 popular vote, then began planting his seeds of doubt about 2020 in the spring of that year, railing against mail-in-voting, drop boxes and saying that the only way he'd lose was if there was massive fraud. As if fraud is only perpetrated by democrats or something?

Of course, had he been projected to win on election night, he would have been doing his victory lap before his win was even cemented, and you wouldn't have heard a single word about fraud from that point on. Unless he lost the popular vote again, then I'm sure he just repeat his 2016 claims. The guy is as predictable as he is fat and stupid.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I saw this line in a story about what could Individual-ONE be charged with

(The ShitGibbon) has repeatedly denied doing anything illegal in connection with the Jan. 6 events.

which got me to wondering. If you do a thing that might not be technically illegal but has really bad fallout, is there a way that TPTB can nail your softparts to the wall?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump is committing crimes as we speak. Immediately after a hearing in which Liz Cheney said they know people are contacting witnesses and not to do it, he personally tried to call a white house staffer who is working with the committee. He simply thinks laws and rules do not apply to him, and thus far, his congressional allies and the DoJ have not disputed that. I think Garland is cooking up something behind the scenes, but who really knows.

Trump will continue to obstruct and break as many laws as he feels necessary until he sees some sort of damage or accountability.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Holy crap :oops: If the DOJ doesn't get involved at this point I would ask what TF their purpose is.

A top Secret Service official allegedly involved in the attempt to spirit away Pence on January 6 remains in a leadership position at the agency. Tony Ornato, a Secret Service agent whom Trump made the unprecedented decision to appoint as his deputy White House Chief of Staff, reportedly informed Pence’s national security advisor, Keith Kellogg, on January 6 that agents would relocate the Vice President to Joint Base Andrews. “You can’t do that, Tony,” Kellogg reportedly told Ornato. “Leave him where he’s at. He’s got a job to do. I know you guys too well. You’ll fly him to Alaska if you have a chance. Don’t do it.” (Ornato has denied the account.)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Holy crap :oops: If the DOJ doesn't get involved at this point I would ask what TF their purpose is.

Weirdly enough, this happens ALL the time. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve seen “my hard drive crashed” or “the device was replaced”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting. Still haven’t disputed Hutchinson’s testimony under oath, but managed to delete critical text messages.

Nothing to see folks, what we should be focusing on instead of all this nonsense are Hunter Biden and Joe Biden’s ties to communist China!

Top Bottom
1 2