Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
To be clear, the secret service agents who were “prepared to testify under oath” that what Cassidy Hutchison said about being told that Trump physically attacked his driver was not true are refusing to testify under oath.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
To be clear, the secret service agents who were “prepared to testify under oath” that what Cassidy Hutchison said about being told that Trump physically attacked his driver was not true are refusing to testify under oath.

Impossible! My worldview is shattered!

giphy.gif

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Ouch!

New York (CNN)One of Donald Trump's favorite newspapers — controlled by his media ally Rupert Murdoch — says Trump is "unworthy to be this country's chief executive again."

Those words, in this weekend's New York Post, may be the tabloid's strongest critique of Trump yet.

It was published online on Friday evening, around the same time another Murdoch publication, the Wall Street Journal, also published an editorial harshly critiquing the former president.

The Journal called him "The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6" and praised Vice President Mike Pence. "Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his," the Journal editorial stated.

Both newspapers have been noticeably more critical of Trump than Murdoch's biggest megaphone of all, the Fox News Channel, though close viewers have also picked up on some signs that Fox might be souring on Trump.

The right-wing network does not show his rallies any longer, for example. Potential 2024 presidential candidate Ron DeSantis, the Florida governor, was a featured guest on Fox while Trump held a rally on Friday night.

Both the Post and Journal have conservative editorial boards that are thought to reflect Murdoch's views. Murdoch said last fall that conservatives must play an active role in the American political debate, "but that will not happen if President Trump stays focused on the past."

If Murdoch was trying to give Trump advice, it didn't work. Trump has continued to spread lies about the 2020 election and undermine the House's investigation into the January 6 insurrection.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I think loyalty to Fox News is stronger than the Trump loyalty. When Fox “called” the 2020 race for Biden, I recall right-wingers saying they were going to boycott. That clearly never happened.

Pretty pathetic when you consider the rubes have so far completely ignored all of Trump’s criminal behavior exposed by the Jan 6 commission, but might flip on Trump because their favorite TV channel doesn’t support him anymore.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We should just replace Hawley’s name with an emoji… 🏃

I will never be able to hear Josh Hawley’s name in reference to him “running in a senate race” the same way again. He’s going to provide years of online comedy. At first, I thought that picture of him looking like a defiant pencil-necked geek with his fist raised would be the defining moment of his shitty career. Nope, I’m glad to say it will be footage of him running from the same people he incited.

He doesn’t need to “back down” or “run away”. One he’s already done, and the other doesn’t matter. He’s free to be as big of a piece of shit as he would like to be. Ari Melber ripped him a good one last night.

There was an outstanding cartoon with a chicken running with it’s fist in the air, but I could not find it. :(

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I wonder if any Republican politician behind the scenes has told Trump some iteration of go fuck yourself over this nonsense. He'd say such a thing to them without hesitation. When attacking Democrats they've flushed all decorum down the toilet, but it seems when dealing with this man baby it's all "I understand, Mr. President." It's not even dying on a hill. It's dying in an extinction-level crater.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump-2025-radical-plan-second-term

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/23/donald-trump-news-schedule-f-executive-order

Two very long articles discussing Trump's plan to use Schedule F executive order to gut the federal bureaucracy.

It's much much worse even if Trump runs and loses. The machinery is still there to make it work no matter who gets in office at some point. It sure feels like the Trumplicans are trying to force us into a Civil War no matter what we want. And they've been wanting a Civil War ever since Gingrich in 1995 destroyed the Congressional norms.

Last edited:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump-2025-radical-plan-second-term

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/23/donald-trump-news-schedule-f-executive-order

Two very long articles discussing Trump's plan to use Schedule F executive order to gut the federal bureaucracy.

It's much much worse even if Trump runs and loses. The machinery is still there to make it work no matter who gets in office at some point. It sure feels like the Trumplicans are trying to force us into a Civil War no matter what we want. And they've been wanting a Civil War ever since Gingrich in 1995 destroyed the Congressional norms.
This Schedule F plan is the end of Democracy, and needs its own thread.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
trump fried a lot of departments and put in lackeys that used those departments to make money.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Republicans need to think about this… do they want to live in a country where the moment they vote against a bill Trump wants passed, or even if they beat him at a game of golf, he can leverage his power to make sure they don’t win another election, or can be recalled?

That’s the type of authoritarian system Trump wants to set up. Once our guardrails of government are removed - they are difficult to put back. Letting a bull loose in the China shop takes no time, putting things back together takes much longer, if not possible at all.

Republicans are detached from reality. Maybe we need to start puffing up the egos of conservatives to get them to condemn Trump. Facts, logic and common sense don’t work.

Top Bottom
1 2