Mob storms Capitol

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
After all, Trump lost decisively.

To be fair, it was actually scarily close. That’s why they are passing all these voter repression laws. They don’t need to tip the scales by millions, thousands spread out nationally could be enough based on the 2020 election. In fact, if it wasn't so close there is a good chance the GOP would try to leave Trump behind.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
To be fair, it was actually scarily close. That’s why they are passing all these voter repression laws. They don’t need to tip the scales by millions, thousands spread out nationally could be enough based on the 2020 election. In fact, if it wasn't so close there is a good chance the GOP would try to leave Trump behind.
It was only “close” due to the crappy electoral system in America. President should be decided by popular vote, period. Screw “battleground states” and all that other BS. We’ve got the Senate to represent the states. The President is for everybody. It is appalling how many times this country has had a president who didn’t get the most votes.

The fact that it was possible that Mike Pence could overturn election results through some bureaucratic baloney, or that some states can override the will of their voters if some partisan hacks in positions of power in their election systems want to should tell us just how f-ed up it all is.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This sums up the fucking alternate reality some people have decided to move to

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1447309413249912840/

...and the guy who led them there.
200.gif

Think of all the Americans that did die, that this former 2X impeached president didn't have words for.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Bear in mind, conservatives don’t pay their taxes to pay the police’s salary to kill their own.

My favorite bit of entitlement? That the police aren’t even supposed to kill them, when they are being warned by police NOT to storm the capital.

What happened to, “they should have just listened to the police”?

Oh yeah, how’s that go? “Rules for…”

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Bear in mind, conservatives don’t pay their taxes to pay the police’s salary to kill their own.

My favorite bit of entitlement? That the police aren’t even supposed to kill them, when they are being warned by police NOT to storm the capital.

What happened to, “they should have just listened to the police”?

Oh yeah, how’s that go? “Rules for…”

Even the Fraternal Order of Police has illustrated that for all their fervor, they don't care about the lives of Capitol Police. While they jumped up and down over every apparent attack on police, as Adam Serwer noted they were so unusually subdued that the group had to issue a statement explaining "confusion" about their stance.

....What you won’t find on the national FOP Twitter feed, however, are condemnations of the Capitol rioters who attacked police officers on January 6 deploying this sort of unrestrained bombast. You won’t find any clips of FOP members on Fox News confronting its prime-time hosts for mocking the testimony of police officers who faced the mob that day. You won’t even find the FOP highlighting the compelling testimony of those officers, whose recollections paint a vivid picture of the rioters and their motives. You will find only the FOP’s careful statement seeking to clear up “confusion” about its position, a deeply unusual situation for the FOP to be in...

Officer Harry Dunn, who is Black, testified that he was called the N-word by rioters who were infuriated that he had mentioned voting for Joe Biden. Sergeant Aquilino Gonell, an Army veteran and immigrant, testified that he was called a “traitor” and said that, “for the first time, I was more afraid to work at the Capitol than during my entire Army deployment to Iraq.” By contrast, D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges, who is white and who can be seen on video bloodied and being crushed by rioters, said that some of them tried to “recruit” him, with one asking, “Are you my brother?”

The catalyst for the Capitol riot was the fact that Trump, the sitting president of the United States, had engaged in a months-long propaganda campaign to convince his supporters that Biden had been illegitimately elected, and indulged a series of hare-brained schemes to cling to power even after being defeated including pressuring Republican legislators to void the results in their states, imposing on the Justice Department to declare the results fraudulent, demanding the Supreme Court declare him winner by fiat, and telling state election officials to “find” fraudulent votes as pretext for him to contest the outcome. The behavior of the mob on January 6, however, is difficult to comprehend without grasping how Trump and the rioters understand the role of police.

We need to understand that Republicans see police, not as arbiters of justice or the law, but rather an entrenched power structure that's supposed to protect them against others.

And, we need to understand that among police, this ideology is apparent and upheld through organizational culture.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Donald Trump will live to 100 and die of natural causes and every one of his cases will be going through the courts, while he and his kids continue to break the law until then. And he will be cheered on by millions of people in the process. Will this guy ever face any true consequences for his actions? He seems to shake the hell out of my faith in karma. The worse he gets and the more blatant he gets in being stupid and dangerous, the more the right capitulate to him. He’s now “back” with the GOP establishment as if none of this chaos ever happened. No matter what is found, it’ll just be “more fake news” or “proof the democrats stage things, including the election”.

Is there nobody on the right to stand up to Trump? Not just the usual “I disagree” garbage, but to make fun of him on social media. Call him stupid, call him a racist, make a big deal of it. The same things he’s done for decades. Why is everyone so afraid of this moron? Even in 2015 and 2016 nobody really stood up to him. The closest we got was when he and Rubio got into a spat over penis size - excuse me, “hand size” - during a primary debate.

I just can’t believe people are so scared of this idiot, and not even January 6 shook their faith in him.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Donald Trump will live to 100 and die of natural causes and every one of his cases will be going through the courts, while he and his kids continue to break the law until then. And he will be cheered on by millions of people in the process. Will this guy ever face any true consequences for his actions? He seems to shake the hell out of my faith in karma. The worse he gets and the more blatant he gets in being stupid and dangerous, the more the right capitulate to him. He’s now “back” with the GOP establishment as if none of this chaos ever happened. No matter what is found, it’ll just be “more fake news” or “proof the democrats stage things, including the election”.

Is there nobody on the right to stand up to Trump? Not just the usual “I disagree” garbage, but to make fun of him on social media. Call him stupid, call him a racist, make a big deal of it. The same things he’s done for decades. Why is everyone so afraid of this moron? Even in 2015 and 2016 nobody really stood up to him. The closest we got was when he and Rubio got into a spat over penis size - excuse me, “hand size” - during a primary debate.

I just can’t believe people are so scared of this idiot, and not even January 6 shook their faith in him.

I suspect that Donald Trump is America's karma come to roost.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I have to say Trump has really exposed us to a lot of things in our government that exist purely on "because that's what you do in polite society". So many things that aren't a crime or prosecutable, or won't get prosecuted due to class status or connections.
Also that the subpoena power of Congress relies on the executive branch for enforcement… unless the Capitol police find a way to apprehend an offender…. Which seems quite unlikely as the offenders might try to avoid the Capitol…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also that the subpoena power of Congress relies on the executive branch for enforcement… unless the Capitol police find a way to apprehend an offender…. Which seems quite unlikely as the offenders might try to avoid the Capitol…
I trust in Merick Garland.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking to a friend of mine about this. I just don't get why people are obsessed with a fat balding man with a bad tan.

I mean sure, if you gonna' get a standard-bearer and pick, I don't know, one of the Marvel Chrises that makes some sense to me. Find a smart, articulate, good looking person, and have them espouse some political or social idea.

But, that Fucking Guy™

That balding, bloated, grotesquerie? The guy who was a raging symbol for dumb wealth going back decades? The dude with the weird thoughts about his daughter, like some Mark Burnett-produced version of Caligula? That guy's the hollow center of a bunch of muckity-mucks who picture him riding a dinosaur and carrying a machine gun, but Trump would wet himself if he fired a Nerf gun. He probably gets tired making finger guns.

And, he's a hairball of celebrity sensitivity, Gordon Gecko greed, and just absolute narcissism so deep Black Holes go "Whoa, dude."

I mean, I think celebrity worship is weird, and I'm not breathless when I meet the average Congress-critter, or President. Or, for that matter, the average movie star. I once delivered books to a movie star two careers ago, and had a moment of recognition, smiled, and then said "so, can you sign for this, or what?"

But, the whole rebellion for someone who holds his adherents in such obvious contempt is just amazing. The Jan. 6 punks are an absolute pack of weirdos, who need to get a life.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It seems the Trump mob is going to go down, if at all, in Al Capone style which is both fitting and pathetic. They'll go down for something like tax evasion or giving Congress the finger instead of for far worse crimes the DOJ can't get to stick or for the major damage done that isn't an actual crime. The amount of laws and the constitution being stretched to their extreme limits is staggering. It's like they pushed every "highly unlikely" loophole button possible.

Top Bottom
1 2