Oct 18 Apple Event

D

Deleted member 221

Listen, I mean no disrespect and really don’t intend to anger you or upset you. But I don’t think it’s fair of you to ask that I not speak about the stated basis of my suspension over there. I didn’t come here to be censored. In my mind it has nothing to do with you, and my disagreement with MR is with MR, and not with you. If my mentioning my suspension is a trigger for you, then I regretfully suggest that you just put me on your ignore list.

We can't simply move on from the suspension and we all get along?
It has to be a topic indefinitely?

I thought a key idea was to not bring things over from MR, nor obsess about what's gone on there?

D

Deleted member 221

Alright -- well - back on topic I guess.

Personally I'm very excited. I'd really hoped that these next gen M machines would have been sooner
Might be a purchase for the first time in a while for me

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
We can't simply move on from the suspension and we all get along?
It has to be a topic indefinitely?

I thought a key idea was to not bring things over from MR, nor obsess about what's gone on there?

I feel like you are spending a lot of time on both forums telling me that what I’m saying is improper, either in terms of subject matter or tone. I strongly suggest you just ignore me, and I’ll do the same.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Many of us. This place seems to use the very good strategy of waiting until someone tussles with the moderators over there and then extending invitations :)
^This. And we try to get them out before the user is suspended, we're good at seeing the signs.

What we've become
j1o6MDmqxjMdgiwmy-FE68Dx6xB7Wn0tCFLBAnaMCh8Ym_BkO8vc_tvo3xcU5w6oZ3IBS6pB9SLN6Kt9kU6ggZH0p_6FBy0AeZnAFCB2Oi2fcFzH2uiWqFJRJxlTzGuG4QSdmy3QUGCo7onWMWd7bncRoNht7Xs04MnzxoioDWEI

In all seriousness though, we've been around for a little over a year now and most of us have either been banned or penalized at MR in one form or another, all decent people who just said the wrong thing at the wrong time and were treated like a child for it by Nazi moderators.

With over 60K posts here I can count how many times we've had to moderate anyone or anything on one hand and all one has to do is look around at how everyone gets along. It can be done, MR just chooses to run their site like a prison camp.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
Anyway, guys, the event is starting in just couple of minutes, so I move that discussion of previous disagreements be postponed for later.

My last-minute prediction fro the prosumer Macs: new scalable Apple Silicon chip family (using similar CPU cores to A15), hardware raytracing, SVE/SVE2 support, MOAR cache. I don't make any predictions for the chassis, but based on the latest available evidence I'd say that notch is likely, Touch Bar is probably gone, and the laptops are slightly thicker to accommodate a HDMI port. Surely hope that they leave in four USB-C ports.

D

Deleted member 221

I feel like you are spending a lot of time on both forums telling me that what I’m saying is improper, either in terms of subject matter or tone. I strongly suggest you just ignore me, and I’ll do the same.

All that was ever asked of you was "please show some empathy" and you instead tripled down on insisting your particular opinion was "right".
Not just subjectively right -- but objectively correct and for all users in that subject.

Not sure why it's so hard to simply yield occasionally and say something like "I'm sorry to hear this is bothering you, sounds frustrating, hope you can find some solutions". It goes a long way to getting along if one can just back off a touch sometimes.

Life and human interactions are not just about "being right".

Super frustrating, but it is what it is.

I was hoping to iron this out in PM, but you've ignored my olive branch from yesterday.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Anyway, guys, the event is starting in just couple of minutes, so I move that discussion of previous disagreements be postponed for later.

My last-minute prediction fro the prosumer Macs: new scalable Apple Silicon chip family (using similar CPU cores to A15), hardware raytracing, SVE/SVE2 support, MOAR cache. I don't make any predictions for the chassis, but based on the latest available evidence I'd say that notch is likely, Touch Bar is probably gone, and the laptops are slightly thicker to accommodate a HDMI port. Surely hope that they leave in four USB-C ports.

I’m beginning to doubt my sources re: avalanche, but looking forward to seeing. Hardware raytracing would be great, but I think that’s coming next year. SLC maybe 4x the M1? I think 3 usb-c, because the 4th ”port” is being used internally to give us HDMI and the SD card slot.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Not digging the music being played right now. And staring at the screen is too hypnotic. This event sucks.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
I’m beginning to doubt my sources re: avalanche, but looking forward to seeing.

I just though that we might have been looking at this from the wrong perspective. Is it possible that A15 is derived from this new desktop tech and not the other way around?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I just though that we might have been looking at this from the wrong perspective. Is it possible that A15 is derived from this new desktop tech and not the other way around?

well that’s what my sources led me to believe - they work on the cores for the “big” chip and then they are used in the “small” chip, but the big and small could tape out in either order. But I’m hearing a lot of noise on the net about these being firestorms. So I dunno.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Did not see “music” coming. AirPods?

Top Bottom
1 2