Police Shoot Black Man in the Back in Wisconsin

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Do you ever sleep??

Sad story, hopefully whoever is guilty of murder will be brought to justice.

Radical left spambots don’t need to sleep.

Maybe it was justified. Didn’t see the race of the victims, so there probably isn’t enough evidence to make a judgment yet.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Radical left spambots don’t need to sleep.

Ok this convinced me to jump side! For real, waking up is the most difficult thing I do.

Maybe it was justified. Didn’t see the race of the victims, so there probably isn’t enough evidence to make a judgment yet.

Makes sense. Hopefully things will get better, I truly hate to read that someone has died.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Really? So cops must kill the person if they shoot? Is that a police rule I never heard of? I guess they better go to the hospital in Wisconsin and finish the job there then.

The average LEO is not a sharp shooter. When you go through academy training, you're taught too am for the largest target. There's a better chance of hitting someone in the chest than the leg or am when he's moving. Unfortunately, death is generally a consequence.

Quick question. Has anybody in the history of being tased by police just been released to go home because it didn't have an effect? I've never been tased and I'm not black. So I'm just wondering if this is a good proven strategy.

When I went through training, several people in the class volunteered to be tased. (I got out of it because at that time it would have taken an extra day too remove all my body jewelry, and metal conducts.) Anyhow, no one was down for long, not men or women, big or small. It's a momentary stun. Most people are dropped, but will get right back up again. It's a pretty ineffective weapon.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Really? So cops must kill the person if they shoot? Is that a police rule I never heard of? I guess they better go to the hospital in Wisconsin and finish the job there then.
you shoot a threat until the threat ends. IF he was getting in a car with kids and IF he had a knife that is a threat, reaching into a vehicle can be seen as a threat since he could have a gun there, glad the man survived and this is yet another reason why EVERY COP SHOULD HAVE A CAMERA ON HIM.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
you shoot a threat until the threat ends. IF he was getting in a car with kids and IF he had a knife that is a threat, reaching into a vehicle can be seen as a threat since he could have a gun there, glad the man survived and this is yet another reason why EVERY COP SHOULD HAVE A CAMERA ON HIM.
You're not going to convince anyone who saw this video that a man running away from the cops with his back turned was a "threat". Let's at least be realistic here.

U

User.45

The average LEO is not a sharp shooter. When you go through academy training, you're taught too am for the largest target. There's a better chance of hitting someone in the chest than the leg or am when he's moving. Unfortunately, death is generally a consequence.

When I went through training, several people in the class volunteered to be tased. (I got out of it because at that time it would have taken an extra day too remove all my body jewelry, and metal conducts.) Anyhow, no one was down for long, not men or women, big or small. It's a momentary stun. Most people are dropped, but will get right back up again. It's a pretty ineffective weapon.

That must be a lot of jewelry:D I'd been the guinea pig in all my medschool classes, this includes all non-invasive or minimally invasive tests you can get.

I've gotten nerve conduction tests done on me (same principle as the taser, just affects single muscle groups. You get shocked, all muscles hit by high enough current contract and as long as the current is applied, you're immobilized. Wether you remain immobilized to some extent depends on whether you deplete all the resources (mainly ATP) in the muscle. The issue with tasers is that the heart is also a muscle with well overlapping characteristics with skeletal muscle. Most people die from being tased on the chest and the current inducing arrhythmias that essentially stop the heart.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score

Right-wing Facebook groups encouraged people to go to Wisconsin with guns and ‘defend the city.’ Murdering protesters is how they did it. All riled up by the divisive Trump rhetoric. Please everybody vote for Joe... we need somebody who will try to heal these situations instead of throwing gas on the fire.
should they just allow people to burn businesses down? there are a million things going on.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
You're not going to convince anyone who saw this video that a man running away from the cops with his back turned was a "threat". Let's at least be realistic here.

If you're talking the LA guy, unless the evidence changes, he was a threat.
If you're talking about the WI guy, for now the evidence leans towards the fact that he wasn't a threat. Unless things change, he should've not been shot.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
you'd be surprised DEPENDING on what the cops present, one thing that does piss me off is that anytime a shooting happens first thing that gets "released" is any prior criminal history, they never seem to tell you how many complaints the cops that shot the guy has against him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
should they just allow people to burn businesses down? there are a million things going on.
Wait, so the same people who hate the Government are suddenly so concerned about their property that they're taking up arms to protect it. Man, you guys are your own worst enemy when it comes to hypocrisy.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Wait, so the same people who hate the Government are suddenly so concerned about their property that they're taking up arms to protect it. Man, you guys are your own worst enemy when it comes to hypocrisy.
if YOU have a business are YOU going to let a bunch of morons burn it down in the name of "justice"?? WTF did the car dealership do to deserve being burned down? how the fuck is that "justice"???

fuck the police, burn the Dodge dealer down..............
come'on

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score

I am ready, man. I am ready.

hot-shots-2_83690.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
ha you wish, civilians don't have qualified immunity like most cops do.
We agree here, if you or I shot an unarmed person in the back we would be going to prison. This is what we're fighting to change and it won't happen until outside agencies police the police, they don't only get immunity, the get protection from superiors and good cops who report them get reprimanded. Not for defunding at all but this shit needs to be reformed from ground up.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If you're talking the LA guy, unless the evidence changes, he was a threat.

...according to your opinion. Just making that clear. Many others who have seen all the same evidence have come to different conclusions. Police are still investigating.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
...according to your opinion. Just making that clear. Many others who have seen all the same evidence have come to different conclusions. Police are still investigating.

Yes, it's my opinion. As I stated previously, I don't control the Criminal Justice system. I am ready to change my opinion if new elements arise - and I assume they will.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
quick videos do not tell the full story, it does look pretty bad for the cop.

Top Bottom
1 2