Prosecute Donald Trump to the full extent of the law

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
News flash-Jan6 defendants ask SCOTUS to overturn their convictions because they were not trying to obstruct proceedings at the Capitol by storming it. 🙄 This could effect Trump’s prosecution. I guess we’ll find out just how Broken Bad the high court has become.

It would be a very minor effect. Only a couple of the 91 counts.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Here's an interesting interview regarding a recently added prosecutor Jack Smith will have on his team, along with other analysis. Overall I'm feeling pretty encouraged trump will be toast in the end.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Trump can now add fraudster to the list of official titles. Another civil loss, now let’s hope he’s also a felon.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump can now add fraudster to the list of official titles. Another civil loss, now let’s hope he’s also a felon.

man such a innocent man how can all the laiers keep getting away with these fake lawsuits????

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
MAGA

New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron also ordered the cancellation of Trump business certificates and imposed sanctions on attorneys representing him, two of his adult children, two other company executives and the business for repeating arguments that failed multiple times previously and were called “borderline frivolous."

Five attorneys have been ordered to pay $7,500 each to a state organization that reimburses clients whose attorneys misused funds. One of the attorneys sanctioned by Engoron is Christopher Kise, a former Florida solicitor general who also represents Trump in federal court there in the indictment over the retention and mishandling of classified documents.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
MAGA

New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron also ordered the cancellation of Trump business certificates and imposed sanctions on attorneys representing him, two of his adult children, two other company executives and the business for repeating arguments that failed multiple times previously and were called “borderline frivolous."

Five attorneys have been ordered to pay $7,500 each to a state organization that reimburses clients whose attorneys misused funds. One of the attorneys sanctioned by Engoron is Christopher Kise, a former Florida solicitor general who also represents Trump in federal court there in the indictment over the retention and mishandling of classified documents.
\
More importantly, he ordered that they give him a list of possible receivers to take over Trump Org.

I nominate the duo of Hillary and Hunter.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This downward spiral of Trumpism and MAGA Congress republicans is like…

IMG_0708.png

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
MAGA

I’ve read several articles on this but it’s a bit confusing to my non-lawyer self. Trump’s company has been found guilty of fraud but there’s more court-rooming to do to see which frauds the company is guilty of or something? Can someone make this clearer?

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
I’ve read several articles on this but it’s a bit confusing to my non-lawyer self. Trump’s company has been found guilty of fraud but there’s more court-rooming to do to see which frauds the company is guilty of or something? Can someone make this clearer?
I’d interpreted it that the next step is that the court appoints a receiver, i.e. a trustee who is to take control of the company and is directed to effect the dissolution (figuring out the books is part of that). The receiver would be in contact with all parties and the court throughout that long process, and all the while Trump&Co would appeal, try to get removed to a different court (declaring bankruptcy is one way), sue the receiver, sue the NYAG, etc. Litigious gamesmanship.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are a bunch of counts in the complaint, and the judge found in the state’s favor with regard to count 1. For the other counts (i think there are 9 total, but i may be misremembering) , the judge found that there was a dispute as to facts so a jury needs to decide those issues. A trial is also necessary to resolve issues like the amount of damages (the state is seeking $250M).

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
In regards to the receiver of the Trump NY based companies. I read that it is unclear if Trump and or his Son's can just create a company outside of NY and take receivership of the NY based properties/business.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
In regards to the receiver of the Trump NY based companies. I read that it is unclear if Trump and or his Son's can just create a company outside of NY and take receivership of the NY based properties/business.
Not sure where you read that, but the court will decide on any receivers - trump doesn’t get to decide unless the state also agrees to it - and I doubt the court would allow that.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah. That doesn’t say anything about what you are suggesting; the ”transfer of assets out of state” is different than ”receivership.” A receiver would run the company. Assets, in this case, would only be cash - CNN is forgetting that the company is mostly real estate, and you can’t exactly move trump tower to florida in order to get around this.

The company would still have out-of-state business licenses, and there’s no question that a NY court can’t do anything about that. But if the company is in receivership, the trumps are not running it.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I say give him a free pass to move all of his assets and businesses to Florida and him fleece their willing taxpayers. DeSantis will probably push for a “Presidential Residential” tax, a sales tax with all of the revenue going to his lord and savior, Donald John Trump. Let him have at it, I don’t care.

There will be more indictments, convictions, prison sentences, sanctioned lawyers, bankruptcies and financial ruin befall those around Trump, it’s just mesmerizing to see all the people line up to be next.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most of the news is reporting like this is already a done deal, as if they’ve already removed the sign off Trump Tower and replaced it with Tiny D’s Mud Butt Hut. With the rich doesn’t something like this usually involve several decades of appeals until anything actually happens?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
With the rich doesn’t something like this usually involve several decades of appeals until anything actually happens?
"The rich" usually retain competent counsel and do not insist on them making idiotic statements or pursuing untenable strategies. Individual-ONE has been having a hard time finding lawyers who are not irrational and/or corrupt.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
"The rich" usually retain competent counsel and do not insist on them making idiotic statements or pursuing untenable strategies. Individual-ONE has been having a hard time finding lawyers who are not irrational and/or corrupt.
Plus he wants yes men lawyers ones that will spout his nonsense and that just got some lawyers a nice fine.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Today I learned that Judge Chutkan, who'll be presiding over trump's federal election subversion trial, emigrated from Jamaica. That makes me smile knowing that'll probably give trump a serious case of the shakes.

Top Bottom
1 2