Sony A8?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And I need a new M1 Max MacBook Pro. Stat! So I can load up TurboTax and quickly get our taxes done.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Did my taxes way back in mid-February, got them out of the way and was fortunate in that unlike some people I didn't run into any glitches. The return was approved fairly quickly and I got my refund quickly, and that was nice. Apparently there have been issues since then, though, as more and more people have been filing. Good luck, Citypix!

kenoh

Muddling on through
Site Donor
Reaction score
what are your initial thoughts on the camera?
So far positive. Battery life is OK. I have I only edited on my ipad so far as we have guests staying so I don’t have access to my mac.

The screen is light years ahead of the M9 (obviously) and I am enjoying the auto focus on it. It is better than the CL was. There is a freedom to the fixed 28mm. compared to the RX1R at 35mp, I am still bouncing between but this entire week I have not felt the need to reach for the SL and a fast 50. I suppose that speaks to its credentials. So yeah, liking it so far. Had to buy a thumbs up as it is not comfy to hold - this may just be because I am used to a thumb rest.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Wow, amazing work, you can see why he's in the position he's in.
Other than the Leica glass attached at the front end (which obviously accounts for a lot), the Q2 is really kind of a barebones camera, and as Ken pointed out, not even particularly ergonomic. That he captures what he does with such a "basic" camera makes it all the more amazing.

(i still want one though)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Other than the Leica glass attached at the front end (which obviously accounts for a lot), the Q2 is really kind of a barebones camera, and as Ken pointed out, not even particularly ergonomic. That he captures what he does with such a "basic" camera makes it all the more amazing.

Right, showing it's not the camera so much as it is the photographer, but it sure does have a lot of depth.

BTW I followed him, he's totally going to notice I'm sure. :mrgreen:

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I can’t do that even sticking a leica summilux on the front of my sony, so skill accounts for a lot :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
@kenoh do you follow greg williams? he shoots mostly celebrities but he works (i think exclusively) with the q2. he does award ceremonies and movie posters. what he gets with a fixed lens camera is pretty amazing.

I'm STILL going through his posts and am amazed at how many A listers he's taken and each one of them are spectacular.

here’s another good leica shooter. not sure what gear he uses though. but he’s a leica ambassador (how does one get that job? would be a good start to have leica gear already i suppose 😞)

Great photos, I'm betting @citypix will love this (if he hasn't already met him lol).

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So far positive. Battery life is OK. I have I only edited on my ipad so far as we have guests staying so I don’t have access to my mac.

The screen is light years ahead of the M9 (obviously) and I am enjoying the auto focus on it. It is better than the CL was. There is a freedom to the fixed 28mm. compared to the RX1R at 35mp, I am still bouncing between but this entire week I have not felt the need to reach for the SL and a fast 50. I suppose that speaks to its credentials. So yeah, liking it so far. Had to buy a thumbs up as it is not comfy to hold - this may just be because I am used to a thumb rest.

Wondering if you can tell me what your thoughts are on the RX1R? What you like about it, and more importantly, what you don't like about it.

I haven't used a small cam (other than a phone) in a looong time. I just found these two kicking around in my camera drawer, that go back around 10 years. But who knows...a small cam with a great 35mm could be interesting in the future. An f/1.4 lens would be ideal for what I like to shoot, but that would likely take it out the small cam category.

Attachments

• Small cams.jpg
    Small cams.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 33

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm STILL going through his posts and am amazed at how many A listers he's taken and each one of them are spectacular.

Great photos, I'm betting @citypix will love this (if he hasn't already met him lol).

Whoa! I'm not on IG, but just found his website and looking at his pix now. Hadn't heard of him. But damn, what an eye! And amazing access!

Top Bottom
1 2