Stealing The Election 101

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
We don’t need courts... now that it’s evident the courts are not as corrupt as they had planned. Next he or some other loser will consider making the jump to just needing bullets. :sick:

Yeah.... this level of Trump's "lawyers" playing to Trump's die-hard base in order to hold them in thrall

(not really for the Georgia elections, just for the not yet unveiled next reality-TV production starring The Don... I mean do we still think Trump gives a fig for the Republican Party or its control of the US Senate?)​

is fast running out of room in our actual and still quite functional legal and judicial systems.

This is the danger of mistaking what sphere one is operating in. It's one thing for followers to do that, quite another for a leader to encourage followers to make such mistakes. Followers who cross the line will encounter a real justice system (with mixed results at this point, let's face it). But leaders who incite crossing lines in an egregious manner still do pretty routinely end up facing charges like incitement to violence or conspiracy to commit specified crimes (among them fraud, witness intimidation, and yes interference with elections).

Giuliani seems to have got beyond his pay grade on spotting where the lines are any more. As for Donald Trump, it's been clear he never saw a rule or law he thought applied to him in the end, certainly not after the Senate acquitted him on the impeachment charges last winter. That doesn't mean the USA's judiciary or its legal system has collapsed.

What are these guys thinking? "Even if" they mean it all as street theatre until some media outlet can be persuaded there's a pot of gold awaiting whoever hosts the world's next Donald Trump TV show, that doesn't negate the reality of their behavior now, nor does it erase how that behavior is viewed under our rule of law and in our courts.

Remarkable that 40-odd dismissed sets of antics in court have not so far translated in the Trump crowd's books to "Wake Up This Show is Over." Can they really be thinking this Supreme Court is going to be the ace up sleeve to make bullets unnecessary in Trump's effort to remain in office? That's truly insane.

Which begs the question of how far they expect Trump's die-hard followers to go... in reality.

In reality I would expect there has been some discussion in the DoJ about this. And maybe between some state governors and the DoJ.

Be that as it may, I wish I could say I'm shocked that the Republican Party leadership is not making ongoing and coherent assertions these days about rule of law and peaceful transitions and putting Trump on public notice that the GSA's authorization of transition monies means the government fully expects the Electoral College to confirm Biden as the winner on December 14th.

But I'm not shocked because of how the likes of Ronna McDaniel, Mitch McConnell, Kevin McCarthy and Lindsey Graham have played it so far. All this wordsmithing about counting "all legal" votes and countenancing without comment some close to disbarrable efforts of Trump lackey lawyers in state courts around the country... wow.

If the Republicans are actually playing a "well let's wait and see" game for Electoral College votes, they are either still such craven cowards in the face of a loud fringe of Trump cult members as the core of their potential base of voters --even having long since realized that packing the courts is their only way to keep power in future-- or else they are just flatly complicit in expecting Trump to pull off a fraudulent overturn of the 2020 presidential election.

Interesting times to live in. I've never seen a major party come this close to a moment where its behavior becomes seditious. Only a couple dozen elected officials at the federal level now acknowledge Biden as President-Elect, with the rest just keeping their counsel while the whole country (and the rest of the world) wonders what on earth the GOP can be thinking to burn itself down in this manner.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I don’t think he is that stupid. He knows he lost, but as long as he pretends to be fighting, he can keep fleecing his sheep for campaign contributions. He’s raised hundreds of millions in “campaign” funds AFTER the election ended. PT Barnum was right; there is a sucker born every minute. [note - PT Barnum may have never said that, but it’s often attributed to him]

yep its a huge money grab.
and the gullible keep giving him money. he plays like a violin

There is no need to bet. It's reported widely the money is his. 45 is getting the payoff for the scam he began 4 years ago.

The money is his free & clear, and SOME are happily continuing to give. You better believe the threats of running again will carry on, as long as the money goes to a special fund that doesn't force him to direct any money to any such campaign. There's a reason 45 didn't kick in any of his own supposed billions, when his campaign burned thru the donated money. This is only about making money, and 45 stumbled upon the greatest grift in U.S. history & it's suckers.

Actually, while this is all very true - more than true, as this is a characteristic scam - I also think that some psychological stuff is in play, here, too.

Given that one of Mr Trump's favourite insults is "loser", (he reserves "nasty" for women who dare to cross him, or contradict him, or disagree with him), and given that he has never had to face up to, and deal with, let alone accept, the consequences of his defeats and losses - political, financial, legal - in the past, for he has been able (and been enabled) to warp the world into a shape reflecting his preferred reality, I think that at a deep, fundamental, visceral, level, he is constitutionally unable to face the fact of his defeat.

In his stunted and twisted little mind, he cannot be a "loser"; that label is reserved for people he despises and insults; therefore, the world must be re-made to ensure that he cannot be a "loser", and if that means trashing the democratic traditions and destroying the institutions and constitution of the US en route, so be it. That is the price that he - a monstrous and malignant narcissist - is more wiling to pay.

The fact that much of - if not most of - the GOP is willing to facilitate and enable and encourage and support these grotesquely irresponsible actions of wanton and reckless constitutional arson is, of course, unutterly and unspeakably outrageous.

Yeah.... this level of Trump's "lawyers" playing to Trump's die-hard base in order to hold them in thrall

(not really for the Georgia elections, just for the not yet unveiled next reality-TV production starring The Don... I mean do we still think Trump gives a fig for the Republican Party or its control of the US Senate?)​

is fast running out of room in our actual and still quite functional legal and judicial systems.

This is the danger of mistaking what sphere one is operating in. It's one thing for followers to do that, quite another for a leader to encourage followers to make such mistakes. Followers who cross the line will encounter a real justice system (with mixed results at this point, let's face it). But leaders who incite crossing lines in an egregious manner still do pretty routinely end up facing charges like incitement to violence or conspiracy to commit specified crimes (among them fraud, witness intimidation, and yes interference with elections).

Giuliani seems to have got beyond his pay grade on spotting where the lines are any more. As for Donald Trump, it's been clear he never saw a rule or law he thought applied to him in the end, certainly not after the Senate acquitted him on the impeachment charges last winter. That doesn't mean the USA's judiciary or its legal system has collapsed.

What are these guys thinking? "Even if" they mean it all as street theatre until some media outlet can be persuaded there's a pot of gold awaiting whoever hosts the world's next Donald Trump TV show, that doesn't negate the reality of their behavior now, nor does it erase how that behavior is viewed under our rule of law and in our courts.

Remarkable that 40-odd dismissed sets of antics in court have not so far translated in the Trump crowd's books to "Wake Up This Show is Over." Can they really be thinking this Supreme Court is going to be the ace up sleeve to make bullets unnecessary in Trump's effort to remain in office? That's truly insane.

Which begs the question of how far they expect Trump's die-hard followers to go... in reality.

In reality I would expect there has been some discussion in the DoJ about this. And maybe between some state governors and the DoJ.

Be that as it may, I wish I could say I'm shocked that the Republican Party leadership is not making ongoing and coherent assertions these days about rule of law and peaceful transitions and putting Trump on public notice that the GSA's authorization of transition monies means the government fully expects the Electoral College to confirm Biden as the winner on December 14th.

But I'm not shocked because of how the likes of Ronna McDaniel, Mitch McConnell, Kevin McCarthy and Lindsey Graham have played it so far. All this wordsmithing about counting "all legal" votes and countenancing without comment some close to disbarrable efforts of Trump lackey lawyers in state courts around the country... wow.

If the Republicans are actually playing a "well let's wait and see" game for Electoral College votes, they are either still such craven cowards in the face of a loud fringe of Trump cult members as the core of their potential base of voters --even having long since realized that packing the courts is their only way to keep power in future-- or else they are just flatly complicit in expecting Trump to pull off a fraudulent overturn of the 2020 presidential election.

Interesting times to live in. I've never seen a major party come this close to a moment where its behavior becomes seditious. Only a couple dozen elected officials at the federal level now acknowledge Biden as President-Elect, with the rest just keeping their counsel while the whole country (and the rest of the world) wonders what on earth the GOP can be thinking to burn itself down in this manner.

Terrific post.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
Yeah, come to think I remember how up in arms the dems were in 2016. :rolleyes:

Yeah I remember too...

Love Trumps Hate.jpg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Ok, this is just fucking insane. I dare you to try to read the 27 page filing and struggle to make sense of it. It is a motion in a Pennsylvania court to nullify the election and declare ShitGibbon the winner. It makes references to Harvey (Jimmy Stewart movie), Bread and Circuses and What Are Little Girls Made of? (classic Star Trek episodes) and rambles all the hell over creation, making spelling errors like "exzemption" and "consuderation". I got about six pages into it before closing the tab and reaching for the brandy.

I mean, seriously, why are these people not being cited for contempt?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
There is no need to bet. It's reported widely the money is his. 45 is getting the payoff for the scam he began 4 years ago.

The money is his free & clear, and SOME are happily continuing to give. You better believe the threats of running again will carry on, as long as the money goes to a special fund that doesn't force him to direct any money to any such campaign. There's a reason 45 didn't kick in any of his own supposed billions, when his campaign burned thru the donated money. This is only about making money, and 45 stumbled upon the greatest grift in U.S. history & it's suckers.

The Supreme Court took campaign finance law, wiped their collective behinds with it, then tossed it into a dumpster and lit it up.

Isn’t this against campaign finance laws or was? Sounds like was.
Turns out Trump does not have the corruption lock he thought he had on SCOTUS. However note, Republicans continue to act as his enablers. They have no business in politics as they have failed to uphold their oaths of Office. They need a good political ass whoop’n, but won’t hold my breath for that. 👀

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score
And this from an official Arizona GOP account... will soon be seditious conspiracy talk so they should maybe practice lawyering up.

Gone but Clipped and Not Forgotten.jpg

From the Forbes piece, the second quote was the "Rambo" tweet.

“He is. Are you?” @AZGOP said in a tweet linking to a post by the organizer of pro-Trump “Stop the Steal” rallies that said: “I am willing to give my life for this fight.”

A follow-up tweet from the Arizona GOP quoted Rambo: “This is what we do, who we are: Live for nothing, or die for something.”

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, this is just fucking insane. I dare you to try to read the 27 page filing and struggle to make sense of it. It is a motion in a Pennsylvania court to nullify the election and declare ShitGibbon the winner. It makes references to Harvey (Jimmy Stewart movie), Bread and Circuses and What Are Little Girls Made of? (classic Star Trek episodes) and rambles all the hell over creation, making spelling errors like "exzemption" and "consuderation". I got about six pages into it before closing the tab and reaching for the brandy.

I mean, seriously, why are these people not being cited for contempt?
So TDS warps you perspective, soul, and competence turning you into jabbering idiots. Wait, I knew that before. 👀 Remember the term The A Team? This brings meaning to concept of Team Trump, The T team.:unsure:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
And this from an official Arizona GOP account... will soon be seditious conspiracy talk so they should maybe practice lawyering up.

View attachment 1761

From the Forbes piece, the second quote was the "Rambo" tweet.
Holy shit, sedition time.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I love the Supreme Court’s decision on Trump’s challenge.

No explanation. No statement of dissent. Just this. Here it is in full:

B256DD88-247B-48B9-9306-4F4353425AC1.jpeg
The only way it could have been a more humiliating defeat for Trump would be if the Supreme Court had simply said, “Are you kidding?!?”

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I love the Supreme Court’s decision on Trump’s challenge.

No explanation. No statement of dissent. Just this. Here it is in full:
The only way it could have been a more humiliating defeat for Trump would be if the Supreme Court had simply said, “Are you kidding?!?”
It's amazing that a guy who will show loyalty to no one above himself & his family, unless someone has something ( dirt on him or someone else ) or is of value to him, is surprised when others won't risk it for him.

45 has no real legal chance, and the justices aren't throwing away what integrity they have for 45.

The justices' are like, "I like presidents who actually win their elections. I got my job sucker!"

Top Bottom
1 2