Stealing The Election 101

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Yeah, "and..."

Trump demonstrates once again his total lack of understanding of American politics and the federal judiciary. There is still a huge difference between "originalist" or "conservative" judicial opinions and "I am a puppet judge / justice owned by fill-in-a-pol's-name."

Taking that retweeted tweet down was a good idea. Putting it back up again amounts to Trump doubling down on Trump's central characteristic, the one that runs to "I can do anything I want."

(Sure, and burn down the worth of having stuck conservative picks on the court by publicly and graphically implying that any of them are his personally owned puppets. Way to go when needing a push across a fantasy goal line. I see Barrett writing "... but in this case..." the same as any other jurist who just got disrespected by a politician with a case up before a court.)​

And as for other consequent reactions: Biden's not naturally inclined to pack the high court but he is after all a politician obliged to consider the will of the people who brought a Dem White House to the 2021 landscape.

Meanwhile Trump's rally in Georgia ostensibly for the GOP incumbent Senators was much more about himself and his fan base --and his uncertain future in politicized media coverage-- than about really helping the GOP on January 5th maintain McConnell's ability to stave off anything a Biden-Harris administration wants to do.

Forty-three more days left... for Trump to keep testing the patience of the party that brought him to the dance in 2016.

Stupid Ideas.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, "and..."

Trump demonstrates once again his total lack of understanding of American politics and the federal judiciary. There is still a huge difference between "originalist" or "conservative" judicial opinions and "I am a puppet judge / justice owned by fill-in-a-pol's-name."

Taking that retweeted tweet down was a good idea. Putting it back up again amounts to Trump doubling down on Trump's central characteristic, the one that runs to "I can do anything I want."

(Sure, and burn down the worth of having stuck conservative picks on the court by publicly and graphically implying that any of them are his personally owned puppets. Way to go when needing a push across a fantasy goal line. I see Barrett writing "... but in this case..." the same as any other jurist who just got disrespected by a politician with a case up before a court.)​

And as for other consequent reactions: Biden's not naturally inclined to pack the high court but he is after all a politician obliged to consider the will of the people who brought a Dem White House to the 2021 landscape.

Meanwhile Trump's rally in Georgia ostensibly for the GOP incumbent Senators was much more about himself and his fan base --and his uncertain future in politicized media coverage-- than about really helping the GOP on January 5th maintain McConnell's ability to stave off anything a Biden-Harris administration wants to do.

Forty-three more days left... for Trump to keep testing the patience of the party that brought him to the dance in 2016.

And 70 million people voted for this shit, the Head Shit. :oops:

lizkat

Reaction score
And 70 million people voted for this shit, the Head Shit. :oops:

I had to struggle to rationalize the decision of Trump voters in 2016 without resorting to unvarnished insult (of Trump and of them) far more colorful than that, and certainly not as genteel as Hillary's "basket of deplorables."

Overall I still settle for calling the 2016 election itself "an anomaly not without some justification." But yes now in 2020 there were even more Trump voters in 2020, although they were farther into the popular minority, and their votes didn't land in the right places to gain an electoral votes majority... but all I can say this time around sometimes reduces to pretty good facsimiles of longshoremen's language.

The real cost of whatever good some perceive Trump as having done for them personally is a million-fold outweighed by the harm he has done to those of us whom he disparages and neglects, to the nation itself, our allies and the USA's standing in the world at large.

It's a mystery to me that so many went for Trump [again] in 2020 ... except that our educational system needs to teach critical thinking sooner and more often in a USA that now tolerates so much willful or feigned "ignorance"on the part of its elected officials and some of the mainstream media as well.

Traditional media could have done a better job putting more of the cruel but unadvertised EOs on page one during the Trump era. Hard to convert some of those into clickbait though, and Trump's twitter account usually proved irresistible. And the sole aim of that account has been to divide us one against another, to further weaken the social fabric of the USA and leave him sole arbiter of the country's fate.

And then there's the Sinclair Broadcast Group... and Fox News itself. it makes me furious that the Republicans rail against social media titans for a presumed blanket "censorship" of so-called conservative thought.

Sinclair operates
a total of 193 stations across the country in over 100 markets (covering 40% of American households), many of which are located in the South and Midwest, and is the largest owner of stations affiliated with Fox, ABC, and The CW.

Forty percent of US households, eh?

Trump's approval rating sits at 43.3% as of December 4, 2020.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had to struggle to rationalize the decision of Trump voters in 2016 without resorting to unvarnished insult (of Trump and of them) far more colorful than that, and certainly not as genteel as Hillary's "basket of deplorables."

Overall I still settle for calling the 2016 election itself "an anomaly not without some justification." But yes now in 2020 there were even more Trump voters in 2020, although they were farther into the popular minority, and their votes didn't land in the right places to gain an electoral votes majority... but all I can say this time around sometimes reduces to pretty good facsimiles of longshoremen's language.

The real cost of whatever good some perceive Trump as having done for them personally is a million-fold outweighed by the harm he has done to those of us whom he disparages and neglects, to the nation itself, our allies and the USA's standing in the world at large.

It's a mystery to me that so many went for Trump [again] in 2020 ... except that our educational system needs to teach critical thinking sooner and more often in a USA that now tolerates so much willful or feigned "ignorance"on the part of its elected officials and some of the mainstream media as well.

Traditional media could have done a better job putting more of the cruel but unadvertised EOs on page one during the Trump era. Hard to convert some of those into clickbait though, and Trump's twitter account usually proved irresistible. And the sole aim of that account has been to divide us one against another, to further weaken the social fabric of the USA and leave him sole arbiter of the country's fate.

And then there's the Sinclair Broadcast Group... and Fox News itself. it makes me furious that the Republicans rail against social media titans for a presumed blanket "censorship" of so-called conservative thought.

Sinclair operates

Forty percent of US households, eh?

Trump's approval rating sits at 43.3% as of December 4, 2020.
I'm already thinking the human race is in deep shit as per a recent post, this business with Trump strikes me as icing on the cake. It seems to be some kind of a break with reality, where what I want trumps everything else and Fuck You too, especially after they've been assimilated by a scheming POS portraying itself as a human being. If a human being, among the saddest I can think of. If he was not such a threat, I could still pity him.

I know many of us keep thinking we are turning a corner, with Biden winning but the House lost seats, the GOP is still flagrant underminers of Democracy, everything they can get away with, petrified by their base, apparently a bunch of on the edge psychos* who have issues when their fantasies have been squashed at least for today, having fucked with the courts, and have decided that emulating the Big POS by being little turds is their ticket to holding power, that is until the revolution. The "are you ready to die for the cause" comments out of Az were noted.

*Maybe not all the GOP are psychos, but they voted for one, so what do we make of that?

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards us as being screwed while admitting I maybe on the pessimistic side. After all I think the human race is for lack of a more appropriate word- fucked too, so it all fits together nicely with my world view. đź‘€

lizkat

Reaction score
I'm already thinking the human race is in deep shit as per a recent post, this business with Trump strikes me as icing on the cake. It seems to be some kind of a break with reality, where what I want trumps everything else and Fuck You too, especially after they've been assimilated by a scheming POS portraying itself as a human being. If a human being, among the saddest I can think of. If he was not such a threat, I could still pity him.

I know many of us keep thinking we are turning a corner, with Biden winning but the House lost seats, the GOP is still flagrant underminers of Democracy, everything they can get away with, petrified by their base, apparently a bunch of on the edge psychos* who have issues when their fantasies have been squashed at least for today, having fucked with the courts, and have decided that emulating the Big POS by being little turds is their ticket to holding power, that is until the revolution. The "are you ready to die for the cause" comments out of Az were noted.

*Maybe not all the GOP are psychos, but they voted for one, so what do we make of that?

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards us as being screwed while admitting I maybe on the pessimistic side. After all I think the human race is for lack of a more appropriate word- fucked too, so it all fits together nicely with my world view. đź‘€

We do live in interesting times. It's really hard though to sort out what gave Trump 70 million American votes in 2020.

I'd almost prefer it was GOP party-line thinking that drew a lot of R votes at the top in 2020 (and so some possibly rather nostalgic thinking) rather than a preference for Donald Trump per se. I mean even around here in some deep red parts of this rural county one could hear "yeah he's nuts but at least he's a Republican".

There is not a lot of deep examination by these acquaintances of mine about what this admnistration has done to further repress the rights of workers, consumers and our rather taken-for-granted cleaned up air and water. I get as far as "But some of his EOs make rule changes we're not gonna like down the road" and the response is "yeah but he's not threatening to lock us up for putting a tin can in the trash instead of that damn recycle box."

There's just a lot of "don't tread on me" running rampant these days, and some of that was expressed in the votes for Trump.

Weird considering Trump is about as authoritarian as one can get without shredding what's left of the US Constitution. He lives to tell us how to think about everything!

But the core of his support do apparently tend to be "authoritarian followers" of various subcategories. I've been reading more about them lately in that book by John Dean and Bob Altemeyer, Authoritarian Nightmare: Trump and His Followers. It doesn't really help me understand how we are going to get them to help us combat our unsustainable march to the tune of 21st century capitalists up there in our 0.1% tier in the USA. I understand their populism but not their blindness to the fact that Trump ain't no populist.

The other book I've been re-reading is Adam Cohen's Supreme Inequality: The Supreme Court's Fifty-Year Battle for a More Unjust America. It was time to re-read that as soon as we saw Mitch McConnell deciding the courts are the Republicans' only long term salvation because the levees of gerrymandered legislative districts aren't gonna cut it forever.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We do live in interesting times. It's really hard though to sort out what gave Trump 70 million American votes in 2020.

I'd almost prefer it was GOP party-line thinking that drew a lot of R votes at the top in 2020 (and so some possibly rather nostalgic thinking) rather than a preference for Donald Trump per se. I mean even around here in some deep red parts of this rural county one could hear "yeah he's nuts but at least he's a Republican".

There is not a lot of deep examination by these acquaintances of mine about what this admnistration has done to further repress the rights of workers, consumers and our rather taken-for-granted cleaned up air and water. I get as far as "But some of his EOs make rule changes we're not gonna like down the road" and the response is "yeah but he's not threatening to lock us up for putting a tin can in the trash instead of that damn recycle box."

There's just a lot of "don't tread on me" running rampant these days, and some of that was expressed in the votes for Trump.

Weird considering Trump is about as authoritarian as one can get without shredding what's left of the US Constitution. He lives to tell us how to think about everything!

But the core of his support do apparently tend to be "authoritarian followers" of various subcategories. I've been reading more about them lately in that book by John Dean and Bob Altemeyer, Authoritarian Nightmare: Trump and His Followers. It doesn't really help me understand how we are going to get them to help us combat our unsustainable march to the tune of 21st century capitalists up there in our 0.1% tier in the USA. I understand their populism but not their blindness to the fact that Trump ain't no populist.

The other book I've been re-reading is Adam Cohen's Supreme Inequality: The Supreme Court's Fifty-Year Battle for a More Unjust America. It was time to re-read that as soon as we saw Mitch McConnell deciding the courts are the Republicans' only long term salvation because the levees of gerrymandered legislative districts aren't gonna cut it forever.
Interesting how it all comes back to being conned, combined with prejudice and religion, ultimately scaled to the lowest denominator of STUPID.. It’s not good for the country, possibly disastrous and for the world, but just in time for severe global heat, so there’s that. /s 👀

lizkat

Reaction score
Interesting how it all comes back to being conned, combined with prejudice and religion, ultimately scaled to the lowest denominator of STUPID.. It’s not good for the country, possibly disastrous and for the world, but just in time for severe global heat, so there’s that. /s 👀

If Biden doesn't have enough clout in the Senate in 2021, and can't get McConnell onto some same pages for legislation that's bipartisan and attractive to ordinary people who lean right or left, then I'm gonna have to cut my expectations down to hoping that at least his communications to Americans will not be intentionally divisive. I'd settle for that for awhile at least. So tired of all the wedge-driving of the Trump era. It colors everything from dawn to dusk in the public square nowadays.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
If Biden doesn't have enough clout in the Senate in 2021, and can't get McConnell onto some same pages for legislation that's bipartisan and attractive to ordinary people who lean right or left, then I'm gonna have to cut my expectations down to hoping that at least his communications to Americans will not be intentionally divisive. I'd settle for that for awhile at least. So tired of all the wedge-driving of the Trump era. It colors everything from dawn to dusk in the public square nowadays.

McConnell doesn't appear to be in great health, so I doubt he will be in charge much longer. Let's just hope that Georgian Republican voters make good on their word to not show up for runoff elections. It's their right to vote if they want to, but that whole "earn your vote" nonsense brought me an enormous amount of amusement.

lizkat

Reaction score
McConnell doesn't appear to be in great health, so I doubt he will be in charge much longer. Let's just hope that Georgian Republican voters make good on their word to not show up for runoff elections. It's their right to vote if they want to, but that whole "earn your vote" nonsense brought me an enormous amount of amusement.

I would not put anything past election officials in Georgia. They're trying to suppress early voting in Cobb County for the runoff by just about halving the number of open polling stations during the EV timeframe. That's a county that went very big for Biden, lots of Latinos and Blacks. Same with two or three other counties that also went heavily for Biden. State shrugs and says it's a staffing problem, all polling places will be open on Jan 5 or voters can send in absentee ballots... in the general election, Cobb County saw voters waiting on line ten or 12 hours.

Georgia is Georgia. It's one of the states figured in the Voting Rights Act stipulations that the Roberts court stripped out regarding formerly require federal supervision of changes in voting laws.

Georgia's disregard for voting rights of some citizens isn't the half of it really. Back in the heyday of a more liberal Supreme Court, one of the first so-called poverty-law victories was one that toppled a law in Georgia that had allowed the state to withhold some welfare benefits, specifically Aid to Families of Dependent Children, unless the mothers of those kids showed up in the fields to pick okra during the harvest season. The "choice" was up to the mamas..

And it's not just Georgia, of course. Was thinking about that the other day while reading about the elections in Venezuela how people complained there about Maduro packing the vote in his favor by withholding food handouts unless people turned up and voted. Here, in South Carolina it worked the other way one year after a hurricane: there was a primary election coming up and the state saw fit to hand out cards for post-hurricane food benefits on Election Day... but of course the cards were not distributed at polling places. Long lines at both so pretty much it was "eat or vote".

lizkat

Reaction score
Despite what Trump thinks, this piece pretty much pegs the last gasp Texas suit as DOA..

Begs the question of why so many GOP honchos at federal level are still playing stupid games. Are they just treading water until after the electors all meet in their respective states, so they don't trigger Trump into doing even more stupid things in the meantime? The chance of 37 Biden-pledged electors turning up faithless on that day and casting for Trump instead is approximately zero.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

Apparently that quote is real. I'll admit, I never expected a Pokemon reference from Trump.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want to go Christian on their asses, Trump and his enablers should 🔥 in Hell, for a couple of decades before consideration of being put on heavenly probation. ;)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
You cant kill the devil if he dies the GOP will just resurrect him. Wait he kinda looks like he was resurrected.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
As stated on MSNBC today a State lawsuit against a other state about how they conduct their election has no legal basis. In my thinking, it might have validity if it can be shown a State corrupted and falsified their election results in a National election. Now as far as theses POSs in 17 States have decide, no need for facts, very Trump like, our objections/unhappiness and numbers should be enough EVEN IF IT’S NOT SUPPORTED by any legal precedence.

This is today’s how low can we go :poop: GOP :poop:

17 States Join Texas In Election Lawsuit Against Pennsylvania​

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336405646825099264/

I still wonder if I am misunderstanding the intent of that image.

I keep taking it like it's the gaze from the "Eye of Sauron".

I don't think that's a good thing. Am I wrong there? That's like admitting Barrett's supposed to be some corrupting influence out to destroy us all.

Because that's admitting an awful lot of truth...

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336405646825099264/

I still wonder if I am misunderstanding the intent of that image.

I keep taking it like it's the gaze from the "Eye of Sauron".

I don't think that's a good thing. Am I wrong there? That's like admitting Barrett's supposed to be some corrupting influence out to destroy us all.

Because that's admitting an awful lot of truth...
Without knowing intent, that image could be taken a multitude of ways. I assume if an agent of Trump posted it and Trump approves of it, someone is elevating Barrett as a beacon of truth that will tip the balance saving him, while it strikes me as a malevolent image, not purity.

lizkat

Reaction score
Trump is still trying to get the nation's panties in enough of a bunch to declare martial law?

It's nice that Biden voters have pretty much sat back with popcorn and not helped Trump get there.

Top Bottom
1 2