Support has consequences.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I also read today that Bidenā€™s administration is planning to waive executive privilege on Jan 6 documents, over the objections of the Trump administration. Trumpā€™s people have 30 days to respond and ask certain things to be blocked. Then Bidenā€™s people have 60 days to wait, at which time they can release it over the objections. It would be possible for the Trump people to take them to court at that point. So, we could be waiting a long time before we get that information.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Me feverishly checking online if anyone ever anywhere had this on their future bingo cards

Former President Trump on Saturday quipped that 2018 Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams (D) may have done a better job in office than her opponent, Gov. Brian Kemp (R), who has continued to catch the former president's ire for refusing to overturn 2020 election results.

During a rally Saturday evening in Perry, Ga., Trump, while once again advancing his unsupported claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 election, compared his resistance to admitting defeat to Abramsā€™s refusal to concede in the Georgia race, a parallel she has previously dismissed.

Trump argued that unlike the reaction to his refusal to concede, ā€œWhen Stacey Abrams says Iā€™m not going to concede, thatā€™s okay.ā€

ā€œOf course, having her I think might be better than having your existing governor, if you want to know the truth,ā€ he noted, prompting overwhelming boos from his crowd of mostly maskless supporters.

ā€œMight very well be better,ā€ he added.

Trump used much of his more than hour-long Georgia rally to rail against Kemp, who attracted Trumpā€™s ire when he certified the stateā€™s election results in favor of Biden last year.

The Washington Post reported in January that Trump asked Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger (R) to "find" more than 11,000 ballots needed to overcome the gap between Trump and Biden in the Peach State.

Trump during his rally Saturday railed against both Raffensperger and Kemp, who he said ā€œhas been a complete disaster on election integrity.ā€

The former president having nice things to say about Abrams? Even if it is joking, people are calling it him endorsing her. Mind you, his comment about her not conceding isn't in proper context with him. Her not conceding has to do with Kemp being the guy who was in charge of elections while running for governor. 45 was in charge of the country when he ran, tried & continues to try various bullshit, and still lost.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Me feverishly checking online if anyone ever anywhere had this on their future bingo cards

The former president having nice things to say about Abrams? Even if it is joking, people are calling it him endorsing her. Mind you, his comment about her not conceding isn't in proper context with him. Her not conceding has to do with Kemp being the guy who was in charge of elections while running for governor. 45 was in charge of the country when he ran, tried & continues to try various bullshit, and still lost.
Again, we see the reward for loyalty to Trump is to get tossed under the bus the minute itā€™s convenient.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
šŸ‘€

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasioā€™s office said it will scrutinize NYPD ranks following a WNYC/Gothamist investigation of online records that appears to tie several New York law enforcement officers and public officialsā€”including at least two active members of the NYPDā€”to a far-right, anti-government militia.

The mayorā€™s investigation comes after an anonymous hacker released what it claims are emails and membership data from the Oath Keepers, an extremist militia group that had a notable presence at the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. Eighteen people affiliated with the group have so far been charged with conspiracy related to that event.

The hacked membership records were sent to a transparency nonprofit group called Distributed Denial of Secrets (DDoSecrets), which shares leaked data with journalists and researchers. The records posted on the internet Monday do not make clear if the members listed are currently active in the militia.

Three New York public officials listed in the leaked membership logs confirmed to WNYC/Gothamist that they had previously signed up for membership with the organization, but claimed they were no longer active. The NYPD officers whose names matched information listed in the hacked records could not be confirmed as active members and so WNYC/Gothamist has chosen not to name them.
NYPD rules prohibit members of the force from knowingly associating with organizations ā€œreasonably believedā€ to be engaged in criminal activities.

Call me "shocked". :cautious:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
At this point I think we need to suspend the search for Brian Laundrie for a bit so we can put more men on the hunt for Dan Scavino.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
At this point I think we need to suspend the search for Brian Laundrie for a bit so we can put more men on the hunt for Dan Scavino.

I wonder how conservatives would take it if liberals made the missing Dan Scovino ( hopefully he's just been in hiding ) into their own Seth Rich.

Everyone loves a good conspiracy right? :sneaky:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lack of support seems to have consequences as well. Especially if you weren't a republican who wasn't willing to throw things the way of the former 2X impeached president.
this was on Rachel yesterday. man the crazy is taking over for sure.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
šŸ˜– OOOFFF!!! Let's take a moment to pour one out for the performance f- nuts out there, who can't leave well enough alone.

Starting with some of the tired crap we heard peddled elsewhere badly
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1450874629338324994/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1450872695697117194/

A reminder of what PARTY is NOT interested in investigating a FREAKING insurrection
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1450862973656895496/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1450881379533795333/

And of course, when your own crap makes you a poor choice to try & stage a performance of any kind publicly
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1450880470753886211/

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Either dumb fuckery or another reminder of what some in the 'r' party have become & that there are no depths they will not slither into.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1451263342727806984/
Liz Cheney publicly called out her fellow Republican congressman for lying on Thursday.

Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., was caught red-handed by Cheney, a Republican congresswoman from Wyoming, sending letters to federal agencies claiming he was the ranking GOP member on the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. In fact, Banks was rejected from serving on the committee because he voted to overturn election results ā€” a demand made by violent rioters that day.

Cheney, the committee's vice-chair, called Banks out for his blatant falsehood as she entered his misleading letters into the official Congressional record.

"I would like to introduce for the record a number of letters the gentlemen from Indiana has been sending to federal agencies, dated September 16, 2021, for example, signing his name as the ranking member of the committee he's just informed the House that he's not on," Cheney said during a Thursday speech from the House floor.

Banks was apparently attempting to deceive federal agencies into revealing information that was shared with the committee.

In one of the letters to Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, Banks asked that the department "provide me any information that is submitted to the Select Committee."

"Additionally, please include me on any update or briefing that you provide," he continued.

The legal justification Banks appears to be using centers around the idea that he was at one point nominated by Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to serve as the committee's ranking Republican member ā€” and an assertion the "minority party in Congress retains rights to the same information that is provided to the majority party."

Speaker Nancy Pelosi immediately rejected both Banks' placement and that of Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, over their stated intentions of stonewalling any investigation into the events of Jan. 6. At the time, Pelosi cited widespread dismay among Democrats due to the "statements made and actions taken by these members."

Both Banks and Jordan voted to overturn election results in several states on the evening of Jan. 6 ā€” and continue to support Trump's Big Lie to varying degrees.

Or both for being such a blatant dumb ass, as to think they wouldn't get caught.

These people are NOT grasping that antics like this, defying subpoenas, or wanting things tied up in courts is NOT a sign of innocence. It just makes the case that this HAS to be investigated. Then again with what the last administration was allowed to get away with, you can understand why some knobs think this is appropriate.

Top Bottom
1 2