Texas

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Because punishment should include cruel and unusual punishment. Because everyone found guilty is always guilty without fail. Because we should never uphold humanity for others despite their failings.
Don’t misinterpret me. I’m not saying prisons shouldn’t have humane conditions. But they should not be Hilton quality while our children are in Motel 6. The worse we treat our children, the more likely they’ll wind up in prison.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Don’t misinterpret me. I’m not saying prisons shouldn’t have humane conditions. But they should not be Hilton quality while our children are in Motel 6. The worse we treat our children, the more likely they’ll wind up in prison.
The worse we treat our prisoners, the more likely they’ll wind up back in prison.

In any case, it really shouldn’t be a race to the bottom. The US situation as it gets reported horrifies me, both when it comes to schools and prisons.

It’s not like you can’t afford both humane prisons with actual rehabilitation efforts and amazing schools…

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The worse we treat our prisoners, the more likely they’ll wind up back in prison.

In any case, it really shouldn’t be a race to the bottom. The US situation as it gets reported horrifies me, both when it comes to schools and prisons.

It’s not like you can’t afford both humane prisons with actual rehabilitation efforts and amazing schools…
The affordability of humane prisons is a problem because we lock up WAY too many people for far too long.

Mass incarceration is a huge problem in America. Texas is one of the worst states in this regard. 0.84% of Texans are in prison. 3% of all Black Texans are in prison.

America imprisons WAY more people than other countries. The countries that come closest to America (but still fall short) are El Salvador, Turkmenistan, Rwanda, and Cuba. As you can see, we’re in real good company.

Compared to European countries, the UK is one of the higher-incarceration nations, with 0.13% - America overall is 0.66%. And despite this 5x difference, the UK isn’t overrun with 5x as much crime!

Think of how much tax money we could save if we cut the number of prisoners by 80%. That is a SERIOUS amount of money that could be spent on, oh I don’t know……. Schools maybe?

But idiots see one crime on TV and immediately vote for the “tough on crime” candidates, ignoring all evidence that policies from such candidates don’t decrease crime at all.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
And now, for something completely different

A Texas man spent 20 years in the U.S. Coast Guard using a dead baby’s stolen identity, obtaining a secret-level security clearance and baffling investigators who later uncovered information that the man and his wife—who also lived under an assumed name—may have had ties to Russian intelligence, according to court filings reviewed by The Daily Beast.

Walter Glenn Primrose, 67, and Gwynn Darle Morrison, also 67, are accused of carrying out a mysterious scheme in which they masqueraded under pilfered personas for decades. Primrose, who retired from the Coast Guard as an avionics technician in 2016, then went on to work as a cleared defense contractor at U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point in Hawaii.

He continues to hold a government-issued security clearance, which investigators say he has had for more than two decades. Last year, a Russian spy ship was observed lurking off the coast of Hawaii for several days. In 2021, a Russian vessel was tracked near Hawaiian waters, in an incident one expert said echoed the activities of the Cold War era.

Primrose, who was born in Texas, and Morrison, who was born in Virginia, both attended the same high school in Port Lavaca, Texas, then went to the same college in Nacogdoches, graduating in 1979, states a complaint unsealed Friday in Honolulu federal court and obtained first by The Daily Beast. They got married in August 1980, and bought a house together the following year, it says.

In 1987, investigators allege, Primrose and Morrison “both obtained Texas birth certificate records for deceased American born infants, that they used to unlawfully assume the identities of ‘Bobby Edward Fort’ and ‘Julie Lyn Montague,’ respectively.” The two “have been perpetrating criminal fraud acts ever since,” according to the complaint.

Fort had been born in Dallas in July 1967, and died that October of asphyxia, according to the complaint. Montague had been born in Burnet, Texas, in 1968 and also died before her first birthday, the complaint states. The two infants were buried in cemeteries 14 miles apart.

The couple allegedly obtained driver’s licenses and state ID cards under their new, false identities, along with new Social Security numbers as Fort and Montague.

Within six months, Primrose and Morrison “had successfully assumed the identities” of Fort and Montague, the complaint states.

“Further, records obtained by your affiant revealed that Primrose and Morrison re-married each other on 08 August 1988 under their respective assumed identities… in Austin, TX,” it says.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… I wrote about a new state law there, passed in 2021 but getting renewed focus in the new school year, that requires public schools to display “In God We Trust” posters as long as they’re donated or paid for by outside groups (no taxpayer money involved) and as long as they fulfill the law’s requirements.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Armed volunteers in Texas protect a drag event from a bunch of fascist Trump supporters....and get this, they were upset that they were armed LMAO

They got triggered by liberals carrying guns ROFL

Democrats have guns. We just don't worship them and take family photos with them.

Fuck around and find out next time.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Armed volunteers in Texas protect a drag event from a bunch of fascist Trump supporters....and get this, they were upset that they were armed LMAO

They got triggered by liberals carrying guns ROFL

Democrats have guns. We just don't worship them and take family photos with them.

Fuck around and find out next time.
been listening to armed people protecting homeless camps from having their stuff tossed by cops when they have to move. guns are only for the right come on man everyone should know that.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
been listening to armed people protecting homes camps from having their stuff tossed when they have to move. guns are only for the right come on man everyone should know that.

Never leave home without a gun! Always be in a position to defend yourself! I don't know about the rest of you, but when I go to Cracker Barrel, I'll do a check throughout the building to get intel on any suspicious, potentially dangerous activity happening on the premise, then I exercise my rights as a free American to be sit at a table where my back is facing a wall, and I have full visual coverage of any entry and exit points.

I REFUSE TO LIVE IN FEAR!

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Republicans are trash.

A48FA859-F738-4175-91F5-8B57AD7F2E0A.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2