TF Guy! You know what it means

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
While the 'r' s are on their path to burn everything all down, the 'r's are getting quite the hand from a few dems.

Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema is slated to hold a fundraiser with five lobbying groups asking her to oppose her party’s $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill, which includes calls to expand Medicare, extend the monthly child tax credit payments, create a universal pre-K program, and invest in green energy.

According to an invitation for the event obtained by the New York Times, the fundraiser will be hosted by political action committees representing roofers, electrical contractors, and grocers, which have invited their members to join them for exactly 45 minutes Tuesday afternoon. During that time, they may make out checks for anywhere from $1,000 to $5,800—the maximum contribution for a couple—to Sinema for Arizona.

Sinema helped lead bipartisan negotiations over the legislation along with Ohio Senator Rob Portman and members of the Problem Solvers Caucus in the House. But Sinema has nonetheless come out against the bill, claiming that it’s the size of the legislation—that is, the price tag—that’s the main problem. In private Sinema reportedly told fellow Democrats said that she’s specifically opposed to tax hikes on corporations and the ultra-rich that are built into the package to pay for its bold measures.

Last week, Sinema said that if the House delayed its vote on the infrastructure bill—originally scheduled for Monday—she wouldn’t vote for the reconciliation bill, which Senate Democrats need all 51 votes to pass. Politico reported that Sinema and other centrists’ calculus stemmed from a belief that “no infrastructure bill is better than one that’s paired with $3.5 trillion in spending.” On Sunday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi postponed the vote until Thursday, in hopes that the extra time would allow party members to reach an agreement.

While the dems in Washington are willing to let shit such slide, back in AZ they seem to be getting a clue

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
While the 'r' s are on their path to burn everything all down, the 'r's are getting quite the hand from a few dems.

While the dems in Washington are willing to let shit such slide, back in AZ they seem to be getting a clue
It sounds like Sinema and Manchin don’t even have a plan of what they want to change in these bills. They just want the attention of opposing them. They truly seem to be Republicans in that sense. Oppose everything, and offer no alternatives. Mitch must be proud.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It sounds like Sinema and Manchin don’t even have a plan of what they want to change in these bills. They just want the attention of opposing them. They truly seem to be Republicans in that sense. Oppose everything, and offer no alternatives. Mitch must be proud.

Much like Trump, they have no qualms in potentially going down in history as key figures in the destruction of US democracy. All they care about is short-term personal gains and are probably among the least patriotic Americans in our entire population. They are democracy and patriotism heretics. And again, they couldn't give less of a shit about that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
As if FB wasn't distrusted enough...

The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday published the latest in its investigative series “The Facebook Files,” diving even deeper into the ubiquitous platform’s efforts to target and recruit young children.

Internal documents obtained by the Journal now reveal that Facebook formed a special team to study children and ponder ways in which they could be monetized. One such document is said to refer to children between the ages of 10 and 12 (“tweens”) as a “valuable but untapped audience.” Another suggests “leveraging playdates” as means to drive Facebook’s “growth.”

Another document cited by the paper, dated March 2021, notes that Facebook is struggling with “global teen penetration” and warns that “acquisition” of teen users “appears to be slowing down.” Internally, Facebook expects its teenaged audience to plummet by an additional 45% by 2023, according to the Journal.

Facebook’s lucrative ad-driven business derives nearly all of its profit from the pervasive tracking of its users; data which it, in turn, uses to create exhaustive behavior profiles used to “micro-target” ads and measure their effectiveness. While federal law prohibits the harvesting of data belonging to children under the age of 13, Facebook has spent years searching for a way to convince children to adopt its services as soon as they’re old enough to be tracked.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Awwww...

Musk appears to be sore after not getting invited to a recent White House summit on electric vehicles. Biden’s August 5 meeting included Ford and General Motors, as well as newly formed automaker Stellantis, but notably failed to send an RSVP to Tesla, despite the fact that the company reportedly produces the largest amount of EVs on the planet.

Relevantly, it has largely been interpreted that Musk was snubbed due to his company’s overtly anti-labor stance. Indeed, when the Tesla CEO isn’t fending off union organizing within its ranks, he’s been witnessed trying to make excuses for why the company’s workers get injured so often, or, maybe, breaking labor laws by tweeting. The other three companies that were invited to the August EV summit are the “largest employers of the United Auto Workers,” WH press secretary Jen Psaki said, at the time.

You'll always have Texas.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The neighbor from hell:

I don't understand how that's not illegal, to single out a neighboring family with public application of audio harassment?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I don't understand how that's not illegal, to single out a neighboring family with public application of audio harassment?
It might be illegal. But you need prosecutors to prosecute. Do Virginia Beach prosecutors want to take this on? I am not an expert, but there have to be some laws broken here. If cops can come and break up a noisy party in the neighborhood, they can do something about this.

If not, I would hope a lawyer might work with the victims to sue the people doing this.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I would love for a Republican to explain to me how they can possibly lambaste Biden for putting the Afghan people at risk, and then unanimously vote against helping the same people their hearts were bleeding for just a couple weeks ago.

I mean, I shouldn’t bother. Everybody knows this is a shameless appeal to the xenophobic, white-supremacist hardcore Trump supporters. Just like the wall. Just like the “Muslim ban.” The “principles” of the Republican Party in 2021 wouldn’t fill a thimble.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
I would love for a Republican to explain to me how they can possibly lambaste Biden for putting the Afghan people at risk, and then unanimously vote against helping the same people their hearts were bleeding for just a couple weeks ago.

I mean, I shouldn’t bother. Everybody knows this is a shameless appeal to the xenophobic, white-supremacist hardcore Trump supporters. Just like the wall. Just like the “Muslim ban.” The “principles” of the Republican Party in 2021 wouldn’t fill a thimble.

They have no principles, it's just a moment to moment pretense based on Fox News segments.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Because THIS is a thing, thanks to TFG Dejoy being still employed

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1443933552962330629/

It's ironic to me that there was this meme

200.gif

Yet we don't have anything for the ever increasing amount of shit left us by the former president. 🤬

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
From the halls of obviously stupid shit, and I need to retcon my earlier employment choices to be hired again somewhere.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445009820143296512/

Bonus, obvious stupid shit
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445038717194981378/

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I have a local TFG, from the parking lot of the grocery store the other day ...

(@Eric , blurred the tag, wasn't sure of the protocol)

IMG_0071.jpeg

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
From the halls of obviously stupid shit, and I need to retcon my earlier employment choices to be hired again somewhere.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445009820143296512/

Bonus, obvious stupid shit
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445038717194981378/

LOL.

Grisham's known for lying her ass off. She got fired from AAA because she cheated on expense reports, then she got fired by Mindspace for plagiarizing AAA copy. She then worked for Tom Horne, and lied about the horrors of the execution of Joseph Wood—who gasped and snorted for nearly two hours before he died—calling his brutal, if accidental torture, "peaceful."

Grisham later decided to revoke the Arizona Capitol Times' press credentials because they reported on David Gowan's travel expenses being absolute bullshit.

Grisham has zero credibility, and her book is a self-serving cash-grab.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2