TF Guy! You know what it means

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah the appeal of all the tell-all-under-Trump books is wearing off.

So Grisham just figures to try a new book sales tack: the earnestly remorseful pitch.

Yep. She's so sorry her talent for being a dissembling asshole contributed to that absolute den of mendacious shitweasels.

There's a great Medium post that uses a test about relationships that's been rattling around in my brain. Called the "two beers and a puppy" test.

...Pick a person in your life — a friend, a coworker, your cousin Kyle, whoever — and ask yourself two questions:
1. Would I want to have two beers with this person?
2. Would I trust them to look after my puppy over a weekend?

You might have thought someone was “two beers and a puppy” and it turns out they’re “no beers and a puppy.” (You don’t really enjoy spending time with this person, but you think they’re trustworthy.) Or maybe they’re “two beers and no puppy.” Sometimes people are “one beer and a puppy but only for, like, two hours on a Saturday.” Some people are “limitless beers and an ocean of puppies.” Some people are no on both counts.

Your answers are guaranteed to be revealing. It might even lead you to seeing a relationship in a different way.

I wouldn't let any of the major actors in the Trump administration be in charge of a puppy for any length of time. No to Miller because let's face it, he'd eat it. And, no to Grisham because she'd lose the dog during a cocaine bender, and blame it on someone else.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yep. She's so sorry her talent for being a dissembling asshole contributed to that absolute den of mendacious shitweasels.

Given your prior summary, how did you suspect she kept getting new jobs?

There's a great Medium post that uses a test about relationships that's been rattling around in my brain. Called the "two beers and a puppy" test.

I kind of suspect I would have an easier time passing the puppy part of the test.

I have some family that's, "Split a lite beer and watch after my cactus" types ...

You say that, but it only takes a small nudge. I would like to say that I'm Fry here, but in reality, I'm probably Wernstrom.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Given your prior summary, how did you suspect she kept getting new jobs?

I kind of suspect I would have an easier time passing the puppy part of the test.

You say that, but it only takes a small nudge. I would like to say that I'm Fry here, but in reality, I'm probably Wernstrom.

Connections.

She was linked up through the Ariz. Republicans, who didn't mind that she was a plagiarist. And, the move from Horne to Gowan is just the GOP two-step. They liked that she lied about the execution and were thrilled that she put it to the media for unveiling Gowan's corruption. Because, the GOP is deeply corrupt.

And, the Trumpers are the worst at vetting candidates, so when she joined up in 2016, as long as she was loyal—as well as attractive and agreeable—she moved up through the ranks. More so, as people who knew what they were doing bailed because they were required to tell ridiculous lies, like boasting about the crowd at Trump's inauguration.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Connections.

She was linked up through the Ariz. Republicans, who didn't mind that she was a plagiarist. And, the move from Horne to Gowan is just the GOP two-step. They liked that she lied about the execution and were thrilled that she put it to the media for unveiling Gowan's corruption. Because, the GOP is deeply corrupt.

And, the Trumpers are the worst at vetting candidates, so when she joined up in 2016, as long as she was loyal—as well as attractive and agreeable—she moved up through the ranks. More so, as people who knew what they were doing bailed because they were required to tell ridiculous lies, like boasting about the crowd at Trump's inauguration.

I had assumed that the first couple incidents would have made her radioactive. She also lacks the typically favored appearance for female Trump campaign associates, which consists of bleached blonde hair and wall to wall veneers.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445811086767296512/
giphy.gif

Also, 'F' ESPN for their tired shit!
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445428244753305600/

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
TF Guy - Josh Hawley insists everybody is being unfair to the parents who are just peacefully talking at school board meetings. Won’t we stop accusing them of harassment?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445555425416384518/
Josh Hawley is pure 100% asshole, and while I doubt it'll do any good, I'm glad they're sending him that clip to show him.

I'd go a little further than those making threats of physical violence. People showing up to angrily demand that their children be taught that science is wrong and racism is right are practicing their own kinds of assaults on school boards--not to mention their own children.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
What has the border to do with it? The alleged assailant's name is Timothy George Simpkins. Sounds as American as apple pie.

Cruz, take your thoughts and prayers and stick 'em where the sun don't shine.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Ah, yes. It is inappropriate to politicize a shooting by talking about gun control and things that can actually prevent another one, but bringing up the border and attacking Biden is fine.

It's okay if you're a Republican, apparently.

Even though the border has nothing to do with school shootings, and arguably, if anyone gave a shit about gun violence. Or, for that matter violence in Mexico, one of the first things they'd do is tamp down the American gun market, which makes it easy for Mexican cartels to get firearms through American straw-buyers.

The right only cared about Brian Terry, the agent who was killed by a gun from the ATF's disastrous gunwalking investigation because it was an effective cudgel against Obama. But, dealing with the reality that the AK47 that killed Terry came from a Phoenix-area gun store? Nope. Why? [Insert "2A" argle-bargle here.]

And, the border's apprehension data shows not an uncontrolled border, but one so throughly enforced that people are getting caught multiple times and getting hit with Title 42 expulsions.

Anna Giaritelli who works for CBP's Public Affairs Office while pretending to a "reporter" for the dingbat rag the Washington Examiner illustrates a complete misunderstanding of this figure by writing that 1.2 million people were have "been encountered illegally entering the U.S. from Mexico."

But, CBP has said that Title 42 has meant that around 1,002,722 unique individuals were encountered as of August 2021 (and this is for FY2021).

And, most notably, for all the hue and cry from Trump's administration, monthly apprehensions were on average 18 percent higher than during the Obama administration's, and that includes historic declines in 2017 and 2020—which was driven by coronavirus.

Trump's entire attempt to "close" the border failed by all metric, and their entire policy prescriptions collapsed during the last year of the administration.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
DeSantis really hates kids. I posted in the COVID Stupid thread about him trying to kill them by punishing schools with mask mandates. But he also is the only governor in America to turn down $2.3 billion in federal funding for his state’s schools.

Seriously? This doesn’t cost Florida taxes... there is literally no reason for this other than... um... “Own the libs” perhaps? But if everybody else gets billions of dollars EXCEPT you, aren’t you the one that got PWNED? 😡

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
This one has a story behind it. My girlfriend has a son who lives in New Mexico. That son is married. His wife has a brother. Her brother is TF Guy.

While there's no direct connection to us, I've been hearing about this all week. And for the record, the family made many, many, many calls to get the girl out of that house. Also, they had no idea just how horrible the situation actually was (the daughter-in-law is in New Mexico and her brother is in Wisconsin). Somehow, whenever the authorities showed up, they were able to pass the welfare checks. I've heard through the grapevine that after this mess is sorted out, an investigation is going to be started into how they were able to fly under the radar of multiple welfare checks.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
...And TFG Dejoy has finished his work, so his competing interests can prosper

Maybe you've noticed the birthday card that arrived belatedly or the check in the mail that didn't pay your credit card quite on time. It's not your imagination. The mail has definitely gotten less speedy.

The U.S. Postal Service began slowing deliveries of first-class mail nationwide on Oct. 1.

The price of a stamp went up in August — from 55 cents to 58 cents — and additionally, temporary holiday price increases for packages and other mail are now in effect.

It all spells trouble for the agency, says Porter McConnell, co-founder of the Save the Post Office Coalition, an organization of progressive political and consumer groups.

"Every postal expert in the country and across the globe really knows that you don't slow down service and raise prices at the same time and expect customers to stick around," McConnell tells NPR. "People will use the Postal Service less, revenue will decline and then they'll need to make more cuts. So essentially, you're sending the post office into a death spiral."

The legacy of the 2X impeached former president will be a long one, for all the wrong reasons.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Josh Hawley is pure 100% asshole, and while I doubt it'll do any good, I'm glad they're sending him that clip to show him.

I'd go a little further than those making threats of physical violence. People showing up to angrily demand that their children be taught that science is wrong and racism is right are practicing their own kinds of assaults on school boards--not to mention their own children.

Hawley asked for the line, and it's clear that the DOJ can provide that light by prosecuting bad actors. If parents aren't sure where that line is, perhaps they should review their local and state law.

Top Bottom
1 2