The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let the MAGA clowns throw their tantrum. The bill passed with over 100 republicans.

Breitbart is ripping Johnson for violating the “Hastert Rule”, which while a sound idea in many cases, is not something I’d be particularly upset about violating given the name of the rule. Also ironic he’s accused of violating a rule named after a guy who violated kids.

Yet you won’t hear the child abuse-obsessed MAGA and W crowd talking about that.

Anyways, a lot of republicans voted for this bill, not a dozen or two. And it’s the right thing to do, the fact there were a few more republicans who voted no just shows the sorry state this GOP congress and the Republican Party are in.

- - -

Meanwhile, if a vote is held on the motion to vacate, Johnson may need to turn to Democratsto save his speakership due to the GOP's slim majority as Representative Mike Gallagher, a Wisconsin Republican, resigned at the end of Friday, leaving Republicans with only a 4-seat majority of 217 to 213 Democrats. Due to other vacancies, this would leave Johnson with room for only one Republican detractor, barring any Democratic support.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Dimwits who masquerade as intelligent conservatives -Iike Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck - have given rise to morons like Trump and Alex Jones.

I’m really glad Trump’s fat arse is confined to court this week. He had to cancel his cult hoedown in North Carolina. Biden has been hitting the battleground states while Trump is pouting in court, forcing others to smell his gas as he lets it rip in anger.

Hopefully he stops by that bodega on his way to court tomorrow and gets some more “spontaneous” love from the blacks and Hispanics we all know he cares so deeply about - and who admire him in return - and grabs himself an energy drink, he’ll need it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Dimwits who masquerade as intelligent conservatives -Iike Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck - have given rise to morons like Trump and Alex Jones.

I’m really glad Trump’s fat arse is confined to court this week. He had to cancel his cult hoedown in North Carolina. Biden has been hitting the battleground states while Trump is pouting in court, forcing others to smell his gas as he lets it rip in anger.

Hopefully he stops by that bodega on his way to court tomorrow and gets some more “spontaneous” love from the blacks and Hispanics we all know he cares so deeply about - and who admire him in return - and grabs himself an energy drink, he’ll need it.
With everything going on Trump still leads in almost all swing states, says way more about the country than it does Trump. While I support Biden I think it was selfish for him to run again, just as it was RBG to stay on the SCOTUS, he is a gift to a weakened GOP and if he ends up losing he will go down being resented for not stepping aside when he was able to.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
With everything going on Trump still leads in almost all swing states, says way more about the country than it does Trump. While I support Biden I think it was selfish for him to run again, just as it was RBG to stay on the SCOTUS, he is a gift to a weakened GOP and if he ends up losing he will go down being resented for not stepping aside when he was able to.

I happen to disagree, but I understand the sentiment. This will probably be debated for some time into the future after Biden and Trump are long gone, but I had the same feelings in 2020. I didn’t really want Biden to run. Yet, he won. I think he will win again, and I’ve also wondered if he had stepped down, would that be seen as a sign of weakness for dems? I don’t know.

I also wonder if his more reserved approach is a secret benefit, I wanted someone to really stick it to Trump in a way Biden and Clinton won’t, but Clinton didn’t win, and Trump can’t win a popular vote. The advantage of the incumbency, would that have rubbed off on a candidate if Biden stepped down? I honestly didn’t know.

On a separate note, the Freedumb Caucus may be on its last legs.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I happen to disagree, but I understand the sentiment. This will probably be debated for some time into the future after Biden and Trump are long gone, but I had the same feelings in 2020. I didn’t really want Biden to run. Yet, he won. I think he will win again, and I’ve also wondered if he had stepped down, would that be seen as a sign of weakness for dems? I don’t know.

I also wonder if his more reserved approach is a secret benefit, I wanted someone to really stick it to Trump in a way Biden and Clinton won’t, but Clinton didn’t win, and Trump can’t win a popular vote. The advantage of the incumbency, would that have rubbed off on a candidate if Biden stepped down? I honestly didn’t know.

On a separate note, the Freedumb Caucus may be on its last legs.

I want to share your optimism, really. After 2016 any faith I had in the American people doing the right thing was lost, was glad to see the last 4 years but think it's too hard to maintain. Trump is a fucking maniacal thief, lies like a rug every time he opens his mouth and a sexual deviant with countless felony indictments, yet he STILL leads. I mean how are we supposed to keep the faith knowing all of this?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I want to share your optimism, really. After 2016 any faith I had in the American people doing the right thing was lost, was glad to see the last 4 years but think it's too hard to maintain. Trump is a fucking maniacal thief, lies like a rug every time he opens his mouth and a sexual deviant with countless felony indictments, yet he STILL leads. I mean how are we supposed to keep the faith knowing all of this?

Sadly, at this point in time there's nothing that can be done. Unlike mid last year when there were options to consider.

Just gotta hope there will be at least a dozen or two trump felony convictions. And even then, that's far from a slam dunk that Biden will prevail. If trump somehow manages to skate through the trials with no convictions, watch out!

I think a LOT will depend on how Biden performs in the debates. The marching out from stage left and right to shake hands in the middle before the debate starts will say a lot.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I don’t think this is going to hurt Biden or democrats, that’s for sure.

“Mike Johnson’s speakership is over. He needs to do the right thing to resign and allow us to move forward in a controlled process. If he doesn’t do so, he will be vacated,” Greene said on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sad story.

A crucial body of voters that the pair will need to court is independents. But, according to a Marist National Poll of 1,192 registered voters, Trump may find this difficult as his support among independents has declined from 38 percent in early April to 30 percent in a multi-candidate field that includes Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Cornel West and Jill Stein. Biden has increased his share from 33 percent to 34 percent among independents, and Kennedy's support among independents has increased to 27 percent from 21 percent.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good article if you have access. There is a liberal love affair with this guy all of a sudden, proving all we f*****g want is less rancor and more work. These people could have it all without the death threats and circus if they just got back to ripping us off while working together and putting some effort into it.

I’m ok with their gilded lives and bipartisan dinners where they put the day’s work behind them and laugh at how good they have it - just get back to that, ok?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good article if you have access. There is a liberal love affair with this guy all of a sudden, proving all we f*****g want is less rancor and more work. These people could have it all without the death threats and circus if they just got back to ripping us off while working together and putting some effort into it.
I still can’t stand him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I’m ok with their gilded lives and bipartisan dinners where they put the day’s work behind them and laugh at how good they have it - just get back to that, ok?

Frankly, I'm happy to see him working with both sides without being a total nutcase. IMO this is what bipartisanship looks like and just because we disagree on a lot of the issues doesn't mean either side shouldn't have a seat at the table to work out those differences.

We will never get real issues resolved as long as one side or the other digs their heels in, I know I bash Conservatives for it but Liberals can be just as bad. Compromise sucks but it's a necessary to get things done.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Putting aside whether you agree with conservative values and views or not, the belief is kids go off to college and get their heads filled with liberal indoctrination. That has changed. These views are now being made online, college or not. I’d also argue they are being formed by personal experience and the extremism from the right on reproductive rights and the LGBTQ community.

I listened to an interview with a college professor who tells his students they need to be open to all views, even those they don’t agree with, left or right. He asked the class for their opinion on what’s behind the conservative view on abortion. One female said it was because of white supremacy and their belief that we need to have more white babies. He somewhat corrected her (and white supremacists) by letting her know statistically minorities get more abortions than white people. She acted flustered with that information and didn’t have a comeback.

So ironically, if this is part of the white supremacist masterplan the net gain is going to be more minority babies than white babies. Good job white supremacists! George Soros applauds your game plan!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
We will never get real issues resolved as long as one side or the other digs their heels in, I know I bash Conservatives for it but Liberals can be just as bad. Compromise sucks but it's a necessary to get things done.

I think you are old enough to remember when Tip O'Neil (powerful D Speaker at the time) would go to the WH and he and Reagan would go sit in a room and hash out a compromise. It was then put out for a vote and no one dared to not go along.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I think you are old enough to remember when Tip O'Neil (powerful D Speaker at the time) would go to the WH and he and Reagan would go sit in a room and hash out a compromise. It was then put out for a vote and no one dared to not go along.

And then Newt Gingrich came to power in the House and f'd it all up. We're still suffering from the consequences today.

Top Bottom
1 2