The Democrat agenda 2022 and going forward

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just shows how fast polls can change, and how stupid the electorate is... It was a good speech, but all it took was a speech of a little over an hour for them to say one thing and then say the opposite?

Prior to the address, respondents were asked if they thought Biden’s policies are moving the United States in the right direction. Forty-five percent of speech watchers said Biden is moving the country where it needs to go. After the speech, 62 percent said the same.

Unfortunately Americans have very short memory. That is why the "October Surprise" can be so devastating to a campaign, and why I believe James Comey reopening the Hillary Email case gave us Trump 2016.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess Truth Social went down during the SOTU last night whilst Trump was actively ranting.

Best Trump quote: THE DRUGS ARE WEARING OFF! :ROFLMAO:. All he had to do was replace "THE" with "BIDEN'S" but the man has not an ounce of wit or cleverness.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Just shows how fast polls can change, and how stupid the electorate is... It was a good speech, but all it took was a speech of a little over an hour for them to say one thing and then say the opposite?

Prior to the address, respondents were asked if they thought Biden’s policies are moving the United States in the right direction. Forty-five percent of speech watchers said Biden is moving the country where it needs to go. After the speech, 62 percent said the same.

I don't normally watch stuff like that. But everyone is out of town and it's just the dogs and I. So I found it online and watched it. I'm happy I did. It was a good speech.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This headline is hilarious, it's like Republicans who watch Fox News all day long just thought he was a walking corpse who could barely be understood and instead came out kicking ass and taking names. It was a good dose of reality for them.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This headline is hilarious, it's like Republicans who watch Fox News all day long just thought he was a walking corpse who could barely be understood and instead came out kicking ass and taking names. It was a good dose of reality for them.

I tell you what, I’ve heard a lot of takes on Biden’s SOTU address - “fiery”, too political, insulting, exactly what was needed, and everything in between.

What I have yet to hear is that he was a corpse, incompetent or worse.

I wasn’t shocked to see him engage with MTG on his way to the podium, but I WAS shocked to see him go off-script, display the button she gave him and address the issue. I don’t think she knew how to respond, honestly. It was a dog catching the car for MTG, and Biden handled it great.

I’m watching him speak in PA, it’s essentially a riff on his speech last night, and he’s great. It’s called being normal, something that still matters to many of us.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I tell you what, I’ve heard a lot of takes on Biden’s SOTU address - “fiery”, too political, insulting, exactly what was needed, and everything in between.

What I have yet to hear is that he was a corpse, incompetent or worse.

I wasn’t shocked to see him engage with MTG on his way to the podium, but I WAS shocked to see him go off-script, display the button she gave him and address the issue. I don’t think she knew how to respond, honestly. It was a dog catching the car for MTG, and Biden handled it great.

I’m watching him speak in PA, it’s essentially a riff on his speech last night, and he’s great. It’s called being normal, something that still matters to many of us.
She acted like a spoiled little child and anyone not full on batshit MAGA was surely appalled by her behavior. Agreed, Biden showed himself to be the adult in the room all night long, showing the haters what it’s like to be a seasoned politician.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
[

I caught about a minute of that on YT and was curious about how she seemed to be aspirating the start of a lot of her words. Like she thought, I guess, that that makes it sound more personal. Or maybe she just has a congenital something or the other.

Yeah... that was really weird. I didn't get it. I suppose she was briefed by the RNC or trump's people. Probably the latter. With the goal being what you said.

Came off really creepy to me.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
A friend just passed this The Atlantic piece about Katie Britt on to me. Pretty interesting. Especially this:

"It was just five days ago that Newt Gingrich was imagining the possibilities for Britt’s future, framing the freshman senator from Alabama’s coming rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address as her “big audition.” “It will be interesting to see if Britt rises to the occasion,” the former House speaker had mused to a New York talk-radio host. “If she does, it will be a major step up in her potentially being Trump’s vice-presidential candidate.”

Whoa! I had forgotten about Newt Gingrich. Interesting he's still an influence to the party (and still alive). I hope trump picks her as his VP. That should be entertaining. I can see it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A friend just passed this The Atlantic piece about Katie Britt on to me. Pretty interesting. Especially this:

"It was just five days ago that Newt Gingrich was imagining the possibilities for Britt’s future, framing the freshman senator from Alabama’s coming rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address as her “big audition.” “It will be interesting to see if Britt rises to the occasion,” the former House speaker had mused to a New York talk-radio host. “If she does, it will be a major step up in her potentially being Trump’s vice-presidential candidate.”

Whoa! I had forgotten about Newt Gingrich. Interesting he's still an influence to the party (and still alive). I hope trump picks her as his VP. That should be entertaining. I can see it.

I didn't even watch but my wife did and said "I just wanted to punch her in the face" lol, it takes a lot to get her worked up like that so it must have been pretty insulting.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Newt is going to have to lower his expectations. Being mocked on SNL is almost as good as being a VP pick.

Seriously, picking a housewife from Alabama to give a speech from her kitchen given the IVF issue just sounds tone deaf and ignorant. It sounds like the Republican Party,

It’s not the virtue signaling that bothers me, not at all. She actually is a wife and mother. It’s the tone-deaf response, the fact these people can overturn Roe vs Wade, enact extreme legislation to restrict access to healthcare for women, then pretend you’re the one who’s going to fix things? GTFOH. 🖕🏽

I’m glad she tanked.

I didn't even watch but my wife did and said "I just wanted to punch her in the face" lol, it takes a lot to get her worked up like that so it must have been pretty insulting.

Projection and MAGA talking points spoken with the cadence and tone of an animal rescue donation commercial.

The only thing it was missing was Sarah McLachlan music playing in the background. Or the J6 Prison Choir, either one would have adequately added to the cult-like atmosphere.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Ms Britt tried to backtrack her immigrant trafficking story, but not really. She "didn't say anything misleading."

Katie Britt was so horrified to hear what this young woman went through, she would seriously think about considering contemplating going over ruminating chewing on the idea of not demeaning her had she tried to escape being pimped out by a sex trafficker by seeking asylum at the border.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Bill Maher floated the idea of replacing Harris with Nikki Haley or Mitt Romney as a "unity ticket." Sure, kicking a black woman off the ticket and replacing her with Haley, who threads the needle on abortion (pleasing nobody) and claimed the U.S. has never been a racist country, or with a 78-year-old white man is a great idea, Bill. I'd ask if he's been smoking anything, but we all know.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Bill Maher floated the idea of replacing Harris with Nikki Haley or Mitt Romney as a "unity ticket." Sure, kicking a black woman off the ticket and replacing her with Haley, who threads the needle on abortion (pleasing nobody) and claimed the U.S. has never been a racist country, or with a 78-year-old white man is a great idea, Bill. I'd ask if he's been smoking anything, but we all know.
The idea of replacing Harris is DOA. However reaching across the isle to be a part of his administration would certainly help, and maybe get a few nods from the Rs in Congress. Who is up to be replaced besides DoD?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looking like Biden has turned things around, it suits him well to get out there and speak.

President Joe Biden is beating his Republican rival, Donald Trump, in multiple polls as the presidential election campaign begins in earnest.
A rematch between Trump, the former president, and Biden has been all but confirmed in the general election after former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley last week dropped out of the GOP primary, leaving Trump without opponents.

Top Bottom
1 2