The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

U

User.45

kevin-hart-say-what.gif

Are there really so few Black republicans, that THIS is who you want to go with?

That's not counting when his son isn't embarrassing himself on social media. 🤦‍♂️

I've never followed this guy, but boy. Really? At TOP someone was trying to sell him as the prototype of the RW Black intellectual. I find it insulting, TBH.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Listen people you know my usual derge: to summarize: when a majority allows a minority to corrupt the system WE ARE SCREWED. 😬

The ultimate irony? This is what the Right is telling their dummies, ie, Stop The Steal. Here wash that bull shit down with some special Koolaid. Does this feel like the 1930s in Nazi Germany to you?

Report shows the extent of Republican efforts to sabotage democracy​

A year that began with the violent insurrection at the US Capitol is ending with an unprecedented push to politicize, criminalize or in other ways subvert the nonpartisan administration of elections. A year-end report from pro-democracy groups identifies no fewer than 262 bills introduced in 41 states that hijack the election process.
Of those, 32 bills have become law in 17 states.

Alarm as Texas quietly restarts controversial voting program
Read more

The largest number of bills is concentrated in precisely those states that became the focus of Trump’s Stop the Steal campaign to block the peaceful transfer of power after he lost the 2020 presidential election to Joe Biden. Arizona, where Trump supporters insisted on an “audit”to challenge Biden’s victory in the state, has introduced 20 subversion bills, and Georgia where Trump attempted to browbeat the top election official to find extra votes for him has introduced 15 bills.

Texas, whose ultra-right Republican group has made the state the ground zero of voter suppression and election interference, has introduced as many as 59 bills.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Are there really so few Black republicans, that THIS is who you want to go with?
Thing is, this is a typical, modern day Black republican. My stepdad's dad was a republican till the day he died. He voted mostly for Dems though because even in the late 70s and early 80s he saw where the party was going. He wouldn't recognize today's GOP. He'd definitely recognize everything that Walker represents: "Dancing house negro!" is probably what he would use. He obviously took too many blows to the head. Don't know why his son is as dim-witted as he is though. :brickwall:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Because this has worked out so well with for others who've been found to have ties to Turkey.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1475951138662932483/
Dr. Oz’s alleged ties with the Turkish Islamist government stem back to multiple encounters the television star had with members of the Turkish government – including President Recep Erdoğan in 2014.

Besides President Erdogan, Oz also reportedly met with numerous members of Turkey’s Justice and Development Party, including Minister of Justice Abdulhamit Gül in 2019.

Not even one year before their encounter, in which they stood arm-in-arm during a Turkish-heritage parade in Brooklyn, Gül was sanctioned by the United States government for leading “an entity that has engaged in serious human rights abuses.”

Oz also came under fire in 2017 when he chose to represent President Erdoğan’s bodyguards after they assaulted a group of Americans protesting the Justice and Development Party in Washington, D.C.

Aside from his alleged ties to the Turkish government, Dr. Oz has also come under scrutiny recently for false and dangerous claims he reportedly made in the past regarding weight-loss pills and COVID-19 cures.

“Information can harm — that’s the key thing we need to appreciate here,” said Harald Schmidt, an assistant professor of medical ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, regarding Dr. Oz’s promotion of the dangerous drug hydroxychloroquine that was once being pushed as a cure for COVID-19.

“His track record is pretty concerning. What we’ve seen so far does not instill confidence that this will help reasonable politics.”

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Sounds about right to me and on many points shows the right has been planting seeds for a Trump before he even ran for office, many of the usual scapegoats demonized for decades.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Listening to some who have contact with more sane Republican Congress members in private conversations they seem to think they can just quietly hide under their desks until this whole Trump fascism thing blows over. I don’t know what leads them to think it’s just going to blow over.

Neither side is doing anything that is definitively better. The Republican side is content to hide under their desks only to pop out to vote no on everything, and while the Democrat party has 2 known cancers, Biden could executive order the shit out of everything. It’s a disgraceful dereliction of duty across the board, not just in actions/inactions, but in believing that the American people should vote to choose this as a much better option.

Second to the sit under their desk Republican politicians, is the traditional conservative Republican voter who thinks they can also sit under their desk and hide only to emerge to vote for any and all Republican politicians. Your party has already crossed the line of being able to salvage itself from the cult it has become. Your vote is just adding to the count of politicians who are either cult members or cowards. Either way, the cult just grows in strength. If you're good with that than fine, but don’t lie to yourself about what you signed off on. If anything, you should start talking about how fascism isn’t really that bad.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Circling back to the Walker's ( aka the new Diamond & Silk or Shuck & Jive ) for a moment.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1471148466076368897/

Christian Walker, the gay Candace Owens - Once again, they play to this crazy side of conservatives just for the views, likes and follows.

I saw one of his rants where he's going on about how conservatives like their men to be strong masculine alpha males. And liberal men are pansies. I'm like um, have you looked in the mirror bruh? A conservative gay male that is flamboyant and feminine is saying how his party likes their men to be masculine alpha males...that is when I knew that he just trolls for the follows and likes and to grift off stupid white conservatives.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
At some point we need to start having a discussion about those who are chosen to represent the people.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1477651820990320640/

Boebert ( the less intelligent Palin ), emptyGreene, Dr. Oz, and now this? WTF?!

But an Associated Press review of hundreds of pages of public records tied to Walker’s business ventures and his divorce, including many not previously reported, sheds new light on a turbulent personal history that could dog his Senate bid. The documents detail accusations that Walker repeatedly threatened his ex-wife’s life, exaggerated claims of financial success and alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior.

Walker, now 59, has at times been open about his long struggle with mental illness, writing at length in a 2008 book about being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, once known as multiple personality disorder. But it’s unclear how he would discuss these events as a candidate.

Walker did not respond to requests for comment. Multiple emails went unanswered, although his executive assistant confirmed they were received. AP also sent emails and left a message with his long-time attorney, who did not respond.

THIS guy is getting on a debate stage with Warnock, who's already considered one of congress' better orators?

Are standards really no longer a thing in the 'r' party?

To think some mort on MR was trying to talk this guy up solely because it's A Black guy that 45 likes.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1477697328010219526/
🤨

Life if given the chance by the some 'r's will soon imitate art.

You can see it happening
I’ve seen republicans say “banning books is bad” in response to statements made by others. But none of them stood up on their own when these anti-CRT laws started popping up, threatening the book bans and trampling other first amendment rights.

I have seen the right loudly assert their rights when feeling censored (I.e. by twitter) or feeling their religious freedom is under attack by the woke mob. But when others are literally being censored by the government or when their president calls to ban Muslims from America, they support it.

This is the opposite of what the constitution is about. My private company can ban any kind of speech it wants. The government tries that? Now you’re looking at constitutional problems.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Still, maybe the folks to keep an eye on right now are the critters currently "helping" run the government. And of course some of them are Democrats, not Republicans. And a lot of those generally escaping scrutiny may not even be government officials -- or not at the moment, or not any more, or maybe just not this year. However, many of them either work or have worked on K street, and before that many were either public officials or else industry executives. Eisenhower warned us to keep watch on growth of the military industrial complex. It's most certainly still alive and doing well for itself and its investors.

At the start of 2021, there was uncertainty around what lay ahead for Waltham-based Raytheon. The defense juggernaut had completed its mega-merger in 2020 with United Technologies. But the Biden administration was coming in, determined to pull out of conflicts in the Middle East and take a sharper stance against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which used Raytheon bombs to commit atrocities in Yemen, The New York Times found.

Inside Raytheon, there was some concern. Last January, Greg Hayes, the company’s CEO, told investors that he expected a major arms deal with a “Middle East” customer could be scrapped. Still, he professed a universal truth: “Peace is not going to break out in the Middle East anytime soon,” he told investors, saying defensive weapons sales to the region would “continue to see solid growth.”

Now, nearly 12 months later, things are a lot clearer for one of Massachusetts’ largest employers. The company’s stock has risen 25 percent, despite $75 million in revenue loss due to America’s pullout from Afghanistan. Raytheon has made seminal advances in hypersonic missile technology, which could be lucrative as Washington enters an arms race with China.

Most notably, the Senate in early December rejected an amendment in the national defense bill that would have blocked a $650 million arms package to Saudi Arabia that could send 280 Raytheon-built missiles and almost 600 missile launchers to Riyadh. (President Biden signed the bill into law on Monday.)

Anna Massoglia, an investigative researcher at OpenSecrets, a government transparency nonprofit, penned a report detailing Raytheon’s lobbying spending this year. The company has spent $12.7 million on federal lobbying in 2021, she found, making Raytheon the defense industry’s highest spender this year.

At the same time, the Government Accountability Office, a watchdog agency, found in September that Raytheon employed more former Defense Department officials — roughly 315 — than any other major defense contractor. (The revolving door between Raytheon and the government is striking. America’s current defense secretary, Lloyd Austin, is a former Raytheon board member. Mark Esper, the defense secretary under President Trump, was a former Raytheon lobbyist.)

Top Bottom
1 2