The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Talk about a disconnect. How much does a well paid gov't employee with ultimate heath care, well funded outside interests that may at times include Russia, think a stimulus check can go?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1544692707834187776/

"We need people poh, to get them out there working for little money!" "Derp."

Wasn't the conversation about inflation hurting people last week, and now they are "flush"?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

"In their ideal America, our "secular humanist" society based on science and reason will be destroyed. The Ten Commandments will form the basis of the legal system. Creationism or "Intelligent Design" will be taught in public schools, many of which will be overtly "Christian." Those branded as social deviants, including the LGBTQ community, immigrants, secular humanists, feminists, Jews, Muslims, criminals and those dismissed as "nominal Christians" — meaning Christians who do not embrace this peculiar interpretation of the Bible — will be silenced, imprisoned or killed. The role of the federal government will be reduced to protecting property rights, "homeland" security and waging war. Most government assistance programs and federal departments, including education, will be terminated. Church organizations will be funded and empowered to run social welfare agencies and schools. The poor, condemned for sloth, indolence and sinfulness, will be denied help. The death penalty will be expanded to include "moral crimes," including apostasy, blasphemy, sodomy and witchcraft, as well as abortion, which will be treated as murder. Women, denied contraception, access to abortion and equality under the law, will be subordinate to men. Those who practice other faiths will become, at best, second-class citizens. The wars waged by the American empire will be defined as religious crusades. Victims of police violence and those in prison will have no redress. There will be no separation of church and state. The only legitimate voices in public discourse and the media will be "Christian." America will be sacralized as an agent of God. Those who defy the "Christian" authorities, at home and abroad, will be condemned as agents of Satan."

Or some shit. Even if you're a "that's not me" Republican doesn't change the fact that, that is what we are heading towards supported by your party. Every little win you might be celebrating is in the service of the above.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Talk about a disconnect. How much does a well paid gov't employee with ultimate heath care, well funded outside interests that may at times include Russia, think a stimulus check can go?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1544692707834187776/

"We need people poh, to get them out there working for little money!" "Derp."

Wasn't the conversation about inflation hurting people last week, and now they are "flush"?

Some dipshit in the same interview said that the stimulus checks caused inflation because people went out and spent it and then went on to say we need to lower people’s taxes so they’ll have more money to spend. I don’t think they were a politician but they clearly got temporary ownership of the MTG brain for that interview.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Republicans are ready to anoint DeSantis as the next President. That must mean he is polling well, right?

Well, I think most people would say Kamala Harris is NOT the most popular person in the world right now. However...

Yep, as unpopular as she is, she is still polling ahead of DeSantis.

If this is the best the GOP has to offer, they’re going to be the minority party for a long time.

Of course, Trump polled above Harris in Florida... which tells you why the GOP is so opposed to the Jan 6 committee that could send him to jail. Their voters like Trump best, and that still hasn’t changed.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Interesting read and I have to admit I don't know much more about the man than what the article states. Makes you wonder how he would be seen if Trump never took office or unleashed the full dumpster of deplorables into the spotlight.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Interesting read and I have to admit I don't know much more about the man than what the article states. Makes you wonder how he would be seen if Trump never took office or unleashed the full dumpster of deplorables into the spotlight.
Rich Lowry is utter trash, as is his National Review website. That article is pure trolling. If Politico wants a conservative voice, they could at least try to find an honest one.

Here’s his fundraising plea on his website:

National Review, as always, is moving forward into the fray, shielded by the time-tested convictions that define our legacy. For over 66 years, NR has led the conservative movement’s fight against leftist ideologies aimed at diminishing liberty in the name of so-called “social justice.” At this critical time in our nation’s history, we march boldly forth, advancing our cherished ideals and engaging the enemies of conservatism with truth, wisdom, and sanity.

But we can’t do it without you.

More than ever, your contribution is vitally important to supporting our journalism and strengthening our voice as we defend America from the tyranny of progressive dogma. Please donate now and know that we are profoundly grateful for your generosity.

Yeah, that’s somebody interested in an honest debate of the issues.

PS - National Review is DEFENDING Boris Johnson today….. 🤦‍♂️

I still find it appalling that the Tory party has cast out as their leader a man who less than three years ago was their political salvation against Jeremy Corbyn.

Boris Johnson is often accused of provoking a constitutional crisis by proroguing Parliament. This is entirely false — it was the recently empowered supreme court, breaking all tradition to stop Johnson on behalf of Remainer sentiment, that attempted to thwart the crown in Parliament.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
PS - National Review is …

I do like to occasionally look at some "conservative" viewpoints sometimes, and the founder of NR was actually a fairly reasonable person, as much loathing as he got from the Left, but that site is nightmarish. I have yet to find a browser that does not spend half its time trying to toss its cookies, all but freezing up if I so much as think about scrolling. And Bill's smooth erudition that made him at least tolerable is nowhere to be found on the site, which has damaged 3 of my screens with its toxic, bilious gushings.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's IL republican AG nominee - a political version of an ambulance chaser who rode Darren Bailey's coattails to success - openly bragging about possibly investigating members of his own party who didn't call to congratulate him on his win...

Untitled.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's IL republican AG nominee - a political version of an ambulance chaser who rode Darren Bailey's coattails to success - openly bragging about possibly investigating members of his own party who didn't call to congratulate him on his win...

View attachment 15607

IL is a hot mess. I don’t think you can consider your political career a success there if it doesn’t include prison time.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Illinois Governors do have a reputation….

Rod Blagojevich anybody?

It’s a hot mess. The governor before Blago went to prison too, as have others in the past. Chicago has tons of people under indictment or already sentenced to jail, including state senators and representatives.

It’s a city very much plagued by last-century “way of doing things”. Lots of patronage, deals with execs and lobbyists over dinner, and people holding onto power too long (House Speaker Madigan, Mayor Daley).

So pervasive is this culture that it’s hard to say who blatantly breaks laws and who just honestly believe this is the way politics is done, because it absolutely has been, especially Madigan, who was a Daley student of politics and had been in power for 40 of his 50 years in the IL House (longest head of any legislative body in US history), over 20 of that also overseeing the state party political apparatus.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
IL is a hot mess. I don’t think you can consider your political career a success there if it doesn’t include prison time.
NYS is neck and neck. In less than a year a governor and lt. governor resigned. In recent memory another governor resigned and his replacement only survived resignation or impeachment because he had so little time left. The leaders of the Assembly and Senate were convicted on bribery charges. The current governor -- who replaced the most recent to resign -- just signed a multi-billion dollar stadium deal that her husband's firm will benefit from tremendously.

And forget our most recent and current mayors here in New York City. I don't know how De Blasio didn't get ensnared in the corruption/Pay-to-play schemes around his administration from Day 1. And Adams is just arrogant enough to wind up getting caught.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why can’t the Big Mac reaper come to collect his dues on this fat authoritarian piece of shit? Executing drug dealers without due process is ok, but god forbid his criminal white collar crime friends have to suffer any consequences whatsoever. I’m so sick of this fat, stupid guy having millions worshipping him. Can’t they see he’s all ego and no brains? Meanwhile, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Mike Flynn, Rudy and all of Trump’s stooges are running around still living their lives, with more due process than would be afforded you or I if we stole a candy bar.

Top Bottom
1 2