The Trump Indictment Thread

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
We can disagree on that. If you didn't care then, you can't care now.

First, I didn't care then because I was in my early '20s and didn't give two shits about politics. None of those names really rang a lot of bells in my head. Paula Jones sounds familiar, but that's about it.

Second, I don't care now (and in particular, here and now) because this isn't the Bill Clinton Appreciation thread. I'm not here to discuss those issues. Also, I remain ignorant on the Bill Clinton stuff to this day because it's no longer relevant and I'm not interested enough to dig around enough to educate myself on this one. I'm a computer nerd, not a historian. If he were to run again, I'd probably dig deeper.

Third, you're making some assumptions that aren't valid. You can't just say "because you said X, then you must believe A, B, C & D". As I've demonstrated, it's completely reasonable for me not to have cared decades back, but to actually care now that I'm older and wiser. Your assumption presumes I've not grown as a person since Clinton was running for office. That's just an absurd thing to assume. I'm not the person now I was back then. None of us are.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you thought segregation was ok then, but changed your mind and view it as wrong now, are you not able to say "Hey, segregation is bad"? You can't learn and grow?

The right has to use everyone's past behaviors to justify their own present-day behavior. It doesn't make sense.

They aren't conservatives, they're "regressers".

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Actually he did settled with Paula Jones, but didn't have to admit wrong doing. AND more importantly wasn't told that Clinton could argue the fact he raped Paula Jones. That fact would be picked apart and whataboutism to death by Herdfan.

You can call it whataboutism all you want. I call it a double standard.

but did he pay them off? was one underage?

Pretty sure the one he paid off wasn't rape. ;)

Not sure who was underage? Epstein island maybe?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
You can call it whataboutism all you want. I call it a double standard.

Pretty sure the one he paid off wasn't rape. ;)

Not sure who was underage? Epstein island maybe?

PAGEANT CONTESTANTS ALLEGING TRUMP WALKED IN WHILE THEY WERE DRESSING

Mariah Billado
– 1997 Miss Vermont Teen. Story in Buzzfeed on October 12, 2016.

Tasha Dixon – 2001 Miss Arizona. Story in CBSLA on October 11, 2016.

Victoria Hughes – 1997 Miss New Mexico Teen. Story in Buzzfeed on October 13, 2016.

Bridget Sullivan – 2000 Miss New Hampshire. Story in Buzzfeed May 18, 2016.

Buzzfeed on October 12, 2016 reported that three other anonymous sources from 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant confirmed Billado and Hughes’ story.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
More draining of the swamp.

I am not sure that’s right? The evidence they are citing just says he is not eligible to practice law. That is the same thing that it would say if he was merely “involuntarily inactive,” which is what his status was after the bar court’s recommendation issued. Until the state court disbars him, I believe he is still in the “involuntarily inactive” category (which still means he cannot practice law, but it’s not the same as being permanently disbarred).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Probably a formality at this point. He's toast, like so many others who snuggled up to fatass.
I’m happy to say that I have absolutely no experience with the disciplinary arm of the california bar (other than having reported someone once), so I can’t guess what the court may do in this situation.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

b53cptmpv8sc1.jpeg

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m happy to say that I have absolutely no experience with the disciplinary arm of the california bar (other than having reported someone once), so I can’t guess what the court may do in this situation.

It’s nice not to be an insurrectionist, isn’t it? I’m having a bad day… but my boss or the law aren’t looking for me, so it’s a good feeling nonetheless.

Then again, I did sent out a memo with a typo, so that makes me just as bad as Eastman in Trump world.

Thank god. This is the easiest case of them all and this MAGA judge is doing her best to not give up the case but not move it. I’m not going to call her biased, but if she’s not, she’s inept. Time to move the ball.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I’m not going to call her biased, but if she’s not, she’s inept.

I had the exact same thought earlier. She appears biased. But if that's not the case, then she needs to be removed from her job because she doesn't seem to have a clue how to do it properly. Either way, it sounds like she needs to start from scratch by going back to law school. Or better yet, find a new profession that's not so challenging. I happen to think she'd fit in very well with the crowd we have in Congress at the moment. Not that the circus needs more clowns, but at least it would be a better fit and a place where her lack of skills could be better utilized.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It’s nice not to be an insurrectionist, isn’t it? I’m having a bad day… but my boss or the law aren’t looking for me, so it’s a good feeling nonetheless.

Then again, I did sent out a memo with a typo, so that makes me just as bad as Eastman in Trump world.

Thank god. This is the easiest case of them all and this MAGA judge is doing her best to not give up the case but not move it. I’m not going to call her biased, but if she’s not, she’s inept. Time to move the ball.
From what they're saying it appears to be more a lack of experience as opposed to siding with Trump. Smith is rightfully fed up with it, she doesn't seem to be able to handle it all.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
In the "about time, dammit" category,

I thought it was just the man himself who would lose access, but according to the article, his lawyers would also lose that same access. Meaning they'd need to pick a jury virtually blindly. They couldn't dig up any dirt ahead of time.

For any normal person, I'd say "that should shut them up", but this isn't any normal person. He's already demonstrated an ability to shoot himself in the foot on multiple occasions. So this could get exciting.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about whether this trial will be televised? I don’t know the rules in NY state courts, but since none of the hearings have been televised I assume not?

Top Bottom
1 2