The Trump Indictment Thread

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts who reviewed the contract for The Daily Beast.

We'll cover it, just as long as we don't have to pay it!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps even more troubling, the legal document from Knight Specialty Insurance Company doesn’t actually promise it will pay the money if the former president loses his $464 million bank fraud case on appeal. Instead, it says Trump will pay, negating the whole point of an insurance company guarantee, according to three legal and bond experts who reviewed the contract for The Daily Beast.

is there anything trump does that is not scammy? I am hoping they go back to the original bond soon.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

So apparently no due diligence was exercised by the court in accepting that bond?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
So apparently no due diligence was exercised by the court in accepting that bond?

The prosecutor is part of the court system. She reviewed the bond and raised an objection. Due diligence is not the sole responsibility of the bench.

Meanwhile, Judge Merchan has rejected the appeal-to-recuse himself from the Hush Money trial.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The prosecutor is part of the court system. She reviewed the bond and raised an objection. Due diligence is not the sole responsibility of the bench.

And that wasn't enough to put the brakes on?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
And that wasn't enough to put the brakes on?

(Individual-ONE)’s attorney accused the attorney general’s office of trying to be purposely troublesome for the former president.

UNFAIR! So mean!

Can they reverse it back to the full amount since bozo is bragging about how flush with cash he is and literally everything he does is couched in grift and scheming?

Better yet, can they just say, "Sorry, you used up you last chance. Pay up now." ?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The brakes are on. There’s a procedure.

Please help me out on this (there are too many steps and moving parts to remember)...

IIRC, initially, the full amount of the judgment was due a couple of Monday's ago. At which point NY AG James could begin seizing/selling trump assets to satisfy the $454M fraud judgment, if trump missed that deadline.

Putting a bond up timely would allow trump to appeal the $454M judgment. trump attorneys claim they contacted 30 companies and none would write the bond. A court then reduced the bond to $175M, which a company eventually backed... which (if there was no issue) would stop NY AG James from seizing/selling trump assets to satisfy the original judgment.

Since the company that wrote the bond has issues, and thus the bond may not be accepted, wouldn't that let James to begin seizing/selling trump assets to satisfy the original judgment - as trump missed that Monday deadline?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Please help me out on this (there are too many steps and moving parts to remember)...

IIRC, initially, the full amount of the judgment was due a couple of Monday's ago. At which point NY AG James could begin seizing/selling trump assets to satisfy the $454M fraud judgment, if trump missed that deadline.

Putting a bond up timely would allow trump to appeal the $454M judgment. trump attorneys claim they contacted 30 companies and none would write the bond. A court then reduced the bond to $175M, which a company eventually backed... which (if there was no issue) would stop NY AG James from seizing/selling trump assets to satisfy the original judgment.

Since the company that wrote the bond has issues, and thus the bond may not be accepted, wouldn't that let James to begin seizing/selling trump assets to satisfy the original judgment - as trump missed that Monday deadline?

Yes, but there is a procedure. She served papers that demanded additional information explaining why the bond should be accepted. Trump’s side has some time (not much is left, if i recall correctly) to respond. I do not know the full NY procedure (I am not licensed in NY), but there would likely be two possibilities for next steps. Either NY starts the process of seizing assets (and Trump has to move the court to stop it), or NY has to move the court explaining why the bond is unacceptable.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

What part of PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT do you not understand, grasshopper?

COMPLETE and TOTAL immunity, to everything!

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Court didn’t “accept” anything.

But Team ShitGibbon presented a bond to the court. The bond appears to have been fraudulent. I know it is often possible to get away with fraud in doing business, but courts tend to be pretty strict about the up and the up. Could Mr. Hankey find himself in deep doodoo over this?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
What I want to know is, is there ever a point where this doofus and his lawyers can’t fight something? Is literally every complaint, anything they come up with given a hearing? Can he just say “Judge Merchan once said Bill Clinton played the sax well” and get a delay?

Democrats should say there is a deep state, and it’s the one out in the open, with Trump getting preferential treatment. How is it this hot dumpster fire of stupidity is out making millions at his self-proclaimed 1.5 billion dollar golf club, while his dumb cultists are already behind bars? How many delays can millions of grifted dollars buy you?

I guess the lesson is, if you grift and steal, make sure to steal so much you can buy yourself out of trouble.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The bond appears to have been fraudulent.

Not only that... But apparently trump lawyers eventually found a source that was willing to put up the full $464M bond. But they neglected to correct/amend their earlier assertion to the court that none of the 30 companies they contacted was willing to take on the full bond.

Seems shady.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Putting a bond up timely would allow trump to appeal the $454M judgment.

I just caught this on a Legal Eagle video. There's some confusion there for sure. It seems he can appeal all he likes. That requires no money from his side. The reason he needed the money was to stop the government from taking what he owes them while he's working through the appeal process. Without the bond, he could appeal still, but they could seize property and sell it while that's going on.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I just caught this on a Legal Eagle video. There's some confusion there for sure. It seems he can appeal all he likes. That requires no money from his side. The reason he needed the money was to stop the government from taking what he owes them while he's working through the appeal process. Without the bond, he could appeal still, but they could seize property and sell it while that's going on.

So it seems he’s having his cake and eating it too, essentially providing no bond while also getting to appeal and delay.

Why post the bond to appeal when you can just file crap? Should’ve just sent them his favorite necktie and said it was worth a kajillion easy. Or not send them anything and just say “Yeah, don’t touch my stuff, I’m appealing”. Which is practically what he’s done, with the full blessing of the courts.

What a joke. The voters will have to do the work at the ballot box these weak-ass courts and judges will not. What does this jackass have to do to be treated the same way anyone else would?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Request for change of venue in the Hush Money trial: DENIED.

Appeals court judge Steven Wu said,
"Defendant has assumed throughout this argument here that publicity here is inherently prejudicial. The facts do not bear this out. The mere fact that jurors know about this case is not an indication of bias. This is the defendant coming into this argument with unclean hands, because the publicity in large part is his own."

Top Bottom
1 2