Things To Never Say To A Fan Of Bill Maher

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

:ROFLMAO:
Just saw him on TMZ and he said "Liberals will never listen to the other side and live in an echo chamber".

Okay then I'll open my mind, so I flipped over to Fox News and Rudy Giuliani was begging the My Pillow guy to hold a fundraiser for his defense fund.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
The other side: Continued tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, criticism of unions, election denial, culture wars, autocracy, climate change denial, environmental destruction, racism, xenophobia, white privilege, attacks on Social Security and Medicare, banning of "woke" books and the cult of Trump. Okay Bill, I listened.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve watched a lot of BM over the years and he annoys me regularly. But, he was on Rogan’s podcast recently and fully raked Trump over the coals in response to Rogan saying Biden was “just as bad”. I don’t listen to JR’s podcast but I imagine he rarely gets challenged by his guests so I’ll give Maher props for that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve watched a lot of BM over the years and he annoys me regularly. But, he was on Rogan’s podcast recently and fully raked Trump over the coals in response to Rogan saying Biden was “just as bad”. I don’t listen to JR’s podcast but I imagine he rarely gets challenged by his guests so I’ll give Maher props for that.

Bill is the tip of the Hollywood spear for ignorant left wing assholes who think "neoliberal" must be good because "liberal" is part of the name. He's probably rallied against woke more than the entire Republican Congress combined.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill is the tip of the Hollywood spear for ignorant left wing assholes who think "neoliberal" must be good because "liberal" is part of the name. He's probably rallied against woke more than the entire Republican Congress combined.
My read on him is he’s a young Boomer or a very old Gen Xer who gets pissed when there are consequences for what he says, and doubles down.

Comedians are sort of on the front lines of whatever “cancel culture” is. Some of them handle it deftly and some of them are Bill Maher.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
In case you had trouble understanding what I just said, maybe this will help,
Woke. Woke woke woke, wokely woke-woke. Wokeness woke woker woke woke libtards woke. Woke and wokestly woke woke, but woke woke woke wokety-woke. So, woke.

Yeah, I listened to the "other side". and it seems like we occupy 25 miles of shoreline while the "other side" is Gilligan's lagoon.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
I used to watch his show, but he said enough things laced with prejudice that I just found unpalatable - got to the point that almost everything he said was rubbing me the wrong way, so I just stopped.

We are all of us the same, yet unique. Embrace our differences - celebrate and cherish them. This is what we should be teaching our children. Anyone promoting prejudice is guilty of hate speech.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
His show is returning without the writers, due to the strike, which is a controversial move. The monologue is the weakest part of the show, IMO, so it’ll likely be an improvement.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

No, he's just an old school liberal who didn't become a progressive.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
No, he's just an old school liberal who didn't become a progressive.

Mostly he’s rich and smug, which plenty of people from both sides don’t like. He’s also getting into his “get off my lawn!” years. Bill Burr’s comedy is also heading in this direction but at least he admits he’s completely out of touch with the world today and is uncomfortable with it.

Top Bottom
1 2