Today’s Shooting (an ongoing topic)

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Fifteen-year-old boy was the perp...... In custody, eventually taken to WakeMed, a local hospital (physical injuries? Mental Health Status Evaluation? Something else?)

Another teenager was among the victims.....was he the intended target in the first place? If so, significant collateral damage all the way around. Lots to be revealed yet about this situation.....

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This kid screwed up his life and someone is responsible for his misguided actions. These incidents are getting to the point that, when combined with the political division, will end up happening too close for comfort for one or many of the people who are able to fix these things.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fifteen-year-old boy was the perp...... In custody, eventually taken to WakeMed, a local hospital (physical injuries? Mental Health Status Evaluation? Something else?)

Another teenager was among the victims.....was he the intended target in the first place? If so, significant collateral damage all the way around. Lots to be revealed yet about this situation.....
Everyone agrees that guns in the wrongs hands are bad.
Noone agrees on how to prevent this especially if means there is any inconvenience for the gun owners/lobby.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
The kid shot his older brother.....lived with his father (mother not in the picture for whatever reason). I'm guessing that the father was careless about locking up weapons and perhaps wasn't paying a lot of close attention to his sons, and may have not realized that the younger boy was struggling, having difficulties of some sort. ?? Well, now that father has lost both sons.....

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Father, son shoot at person they thought was burglar after neighbor brings package delivered to wrong address​

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

TL;DW. Road rage incident resulted in one driver firing a gun at the other and hitting his daughter. Other driver fired back hitting that driver’s daughter. 2nd amendment advocates will burn all their calories determining which driver was in the right to shoot.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

Father, son shoot at person they thought was burglar after neighbor brings package delivered to wrong address​

This is why I'd never take a wrongly delivered package to my neighbors. In Queens there is a lot of confusion (don't know why really, reading is fundamental!!) with 65th Street right around the corner from 65th Avenue, 65th Road and 65th Place. Remember once the UPS CS rep didn't understand why I wasn't willing to deliver a package left on my porch by mistake. She kept saying "Sounds like you just have to go one block over Sir!" Yeah, not willing to be another statistic in the news.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well, I got notified recently that a former client of mine that I dealt with for months up until a couple months ago was arrested, amongst other reasons, for illegally possessing quite a number of unserialized guns (illegal in my state) and a massive number of loaded high capacity magazines. Sounds like he’s doing well…

I’m not sure if he was selling them or planning something… you can never be too sure these days. This person did hold radical beliefs. Or maybe it was just an illegal hobby.

The scary thing is knowing first hand how mentally unwell this person was and the fact they managed to acquire so much fire power. Frankly I’m somewhat mystified they even managed this.

Thank you to the police for doing their jobs appropriately in this case. Credit to the stupidity of the person that lead to them getting caught.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Why we need average citizens carrying guns, to protect themselves from the other average citizens and coworkers carrying guns, It all makes sense now. There could not possibly be a better way, bow to the 2A. :oops:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

Why we need average citizens carrying guns, to protect themselves from the other average citizens and coworkers carrying guns, It all makes sense now. There could not possibly be a better way, bow to the 2A. :oops:
Back in Virginia about a week and a half, and there are already two mass shootings. And the Governor and his nutbag lt. ammosexual want to weaken the already pathetic gun safety laws.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This afternoon I heard a story and interview on NPR where it was claimed there were seven mass shootings (standard definition is four+ people killed or wounded in an event) over the last seven days. And 600 over 2022. That's mind boggling and a little suspicious. I need to check those numbers - seems 600 might be the total number killed.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
This afternoon I heard a story and interview on NPR where it was claimed there were seven mass shootings (standard definition is four+ people killed or wounded in an event) over the last seven days. And 600 over 2022. That's mind boggling. I need to check those numbers.
Yeah and there was a an FBI report a few years back, that showed the trend line increasing year to year, and that the idea of a "good guy with a gun" doesn't stop mass shooting over 95% of the time. I brought that up in the other place in one of the mass shooting threads there. Got shot down with a lot of right wing NRA (won't give and inch) talk.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I brought that up in the other place in one of the mass shooting threads there. Got shot down with a lot of right wing NRA (won't give and inch) talk.

Yeah, I run into that at various places.

I just keep reiterating: Slaughtered school children have now become acceptable consequences of people who believe in no limitations gun ownership.

And shake my head that a lot of people are apparently OK with that truth.

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just another day in America.

During a search of Waters's home, police seized eight firearms registered to him, along with ammunition and other items, authorities said. Waters was arrested at the scene; however, as of Friday, he was no longer in custody, according to the DA's office.

Yep. Just another day in America.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just another day in America.

Yep. Just another day in America.

Clearly the only reason the assailant left his home to approach this person was because he was black, how is this not a hate crime?
Waters was ultimately charged last month with felony assault with a semi-automatic firearm resulting in great bodily injury and personal use of a firearm in connection with the shooting, prosecutors said. He is due to be arraigned on the charges in San Jose on Monday.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Clearly the only reason the assailant left his home to approach this person was because he was black, how is this not a hate crime?
That's the problem with hate crime laws, there has to be explicit actions/words/intent. And even then, if it's determined speech was spontaneous, it can be avoided.

Top Bottom
1 2