Today’s Shooting (an ongoing topic)

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
The problem with our Gun Culture, in response to having a water bottle thrown at your car (what did the driver do to aggravate the water bottle flinging driver?) after having a water bottle thrown at his car, the driver who pulls out his gun and wounds a girl in the back seat of the other car, this was ruled as justified force?? The water bottle instigator shoots back and wounds the other guys daughter sitting in his back seat!
WTF??? Are we now a country of idiots?? Both of these clowns should have been charged with reckless endangerment. This is where gun worship has taken us, where idiots think that gun fire is a justifiable response to any physical slight. Welcome to the new Wild West of America. 🤬

That is in Florida where I would advise anyone to leave for a myriad of reasons. Even before it became a shoot first ask questions later state. In MA you still cannot draw and point your weapon at someone without you being in danger. You cannot shoot someone for stealing your possessions, harming your dog, or for coming at you with fist, without first trying to escape the situation and even then you'll most likely be put on trial.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is in Florida where I would advise anyone to leave for a myriad of reasons. Even before it became a shoot first ask questions later state. In MA you still cannot draw and point your weapon at someone without you being in danger. You cannot shoot someone for stealing your possessions, harming your dog, or for coming at you with fist, without first trying to escape the situation and even then you'll most likely be put on trial.
This is how it used to be every where, until the My Preciousss, Bring Back the Wild West crowd took charge of so many States. I believe this is a form of mental illness or STUPID. :unsure:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is how it used to be every where, until the My Preciousss, Bring Back the Wild West crowd took charge of so many States. I believe this is a form of mental illness or STUPID. :unsure:

I don’t know who decided guns are synonymous with tough, but if you are evenly matched against a toddler with the same weapon of choice you are a pussy.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting. Forwarded a different version of this article (not behind a paywall) to a buddy who is a Glock gunsmith. I am curious as to his take.

I no longer own any Sig's as I converted all my calibers to Glock a decade ago.
I may remember my son telling me Glocks don’t have safeties?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Glocks have a multistage interlock to prevent accidental discharge. There is a two-piece trigger that has to have a finger (or other object) pulling the release tab in order to move the trigger, then there are a couple other intenral parts the trigger itself has to align/clear in order for firing to happen. They also offer a key lock that can prevent use or disassembly. Of course, there is no frame-of-mind detector to prevent inappropriate use.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

You remember correctly.

They don't have a traditional safety. But they do have what is called a 2-stage trigger or Safety Action trigger. More about it here:

Basically unless both are pulled, the gun will not fire.

I add an additional layer of safely to this in that I never keep a round in the chamber. I know it might cost me a couple of seconds, but for me that extra little bit of safety is worth it. I guess I could get a quick loading holster, but I rarely carry so it wouldn't help me much.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You remember correctly.

They don't have a traditional safety. But they do have what is called a 2-stage trigger or Safety Action trigger. More about it here:

Basically unless both are pulled, the gun will not fire.

I add an additional layer of safely to this in that I never keep a round in the chamber. I know it might cost me a couple of seconds, but for me that extra little bit of safety is worth it. I guess I could get a quick loading holster, but I rarely carry so it wouldn't help me much.
I’d have to try one, don’t like the idea of double triggers.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Yesterday's round-up:

A family of Honduran immigrants were slain, apparently because they asked their neighbor to please stop shooting his gun in his front yard (next door to them) because the baby was trying to sleep. The five victims were between ages 8 to 40, two women's bodies found on top of surviving young children. The baby who was trying to sleep was not shot. The shooter is believed to have been drunk.

Not a mass shooting, but a man, upon learning that there was not a $40 parking fee, excused himself to go take appropriate action on the "parking attendant". He then returned and told his date that everything was fine. The other guy did not leave the hospital after being delivered there.

It seems that the best way to not die in Texas is to not be in Texas.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just let every nutbag have a gun without any sort of screening, what's the worst that can happen?

5xmy10qtavwa1.jpg

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
It seems that the best way to not die in Texas is to not be in Texas.

When I was in 7th grade, I lived in Texas for about 6 months in the Houston area (Manville to be exact). Those 6 months were more than enough to encourage me to never return. So that's cool that I can add "not getting killed" to the list of reasons, but it's also completely unnecessary.

Another reason I won't go back is it's the most racist place I've ever been to. I remember being in gym class and one of the kids called the teacher the N-word. Again, this was 7th grade. The teacher absolutely heard him because he responded to whatever else the kid had said. The teacher also completely ignored being called the N-word. Like it didn't even happen. Didn't even flinch. I grew up in a very racist place in Ohio. Somewhere between Redneck and White Trash. So I was quite used to hearing that word. But that shocked me. It was well beyond the racism I'd grown up with.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As Jeff Tiedrich wrote, "this is why the rest of the world thinks we've lost our fucking minds". I can't blame them.
I wonder how the GOP will spin this one. My bet is on Abbott granting the asshat a pardon. 😡

He was an illegal immigrant who had been deported 5 times. But our border is secure they say. :(

FYI, many European nations who liberals in this country love to hold up as enlightened, are building walls to keep migrants out.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
He was an illegal immigrant who had been deported 5 times. But our border is secure they say. :(

FYI, many European nations who liberals in this country love to hold up as enlightened, are building walls to keep migrants out.
I won't argue that sovereign nations don't have the right to control immigration, but our southern border is far too long for a wall to be effective. And even with one in place, desperate people will find a way to cross. But calling attention to Francisco Oropeza's immigration status is just another "hey, look over here!" distraction from the real problem, which is widespread availability of guns, especially of the type he used.

Top Bottom
1 2