Vaccine Booster

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I am hoping that it will be soon -- I believe today and tomorrow is when the committee or whatever it is discusses and then makes a decision on approval or not, and then it probably would be announced and go into effect some time next week. I saw that info in an article in The Washington Post.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I won't be 6 months out until around December. I'm hoping that maybe Moderna would have an approved booster by then. I got Pfizer but I'm hearing lots of studies that Moderna has been the superior vaccine. If not I'd still take a 3rd Pfizer. Better than nothing! I'm technically not included in the eligible group so I'd have to lie a bit unless that changes by then, but from what I've heard it's all pretty much self-attestation. No one is verifying anything.

I think it's kind of weird there's been so much hesitancy with boosters when other countries have been doing it and there's some pretty good data from Israel on a third dose.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I won't be 6 months out until around December. I'm hoping that maybe Moderna would have an approved booster by then. I got Pfizer but I'm hearing lots of studies that Moderna has been the superior vaccine. If not I'd still take a 3rd Pfizer. Better than nothing! I'm technically not included in the eligible group so I'd have to lie a bit unless that changes by then, but from what I've heard it's all pretty much self-attestation. No one is verifying anything.

I think it's kind of weird there's been so much hesitancy with boosters when other countries have been doing it and there's some pretty good data from Israel on a third dose.
According to studies in Israel, the Pfizer booster is up to 95%. It sounds like both will offer a great deal of protection though.

U

User.45

I don't care if they do say "mix and match" is OK, I am still going to wait for Moderna and its booster.
I got my Pfizer booster this morning and heard the nurses talking to other patients about it while I was in my 15 minute post-vaccine waiting period. They said they thought it was going to happen by tomorrow but weren't really certain, however, they also told people "if you want to put down that you are immunocompromised we'll give you Pfizer today" (they originally had Moderna), so there appears to be some exceptions, at least with Kaiser.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
We got our Pfizer booster shots Tuesday. Arrived 20 minutes early, they took both of us right away. There were only a few other people, all getting their 1st jabs. IIRC, the county vaccination rate is ~60 53% (just checked for Shenandoah Valley, VA).

Felt fine Tuesday night while the hubby was a bit achy and groggy. Late Wednesday morning I felt slammed all of a sudden. Had to nap a few hours and still felt groggy/lightheaded for another hour or so afterwards. Feeling much better today with just a touch of soreness near the jab site.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We got our Pfizer booster shots Tuesday. Arrived 20 minutes early, they took both of us right away. There were only a few other people, all getting their 1st jabs. IIRC, the county vaccination rate is ~60 53% (just checked for Shenandoah Valley, VA).

Felt fine Tuesday night while the hubby was a bit achy and groggy. Late Wednesday morning I felt slammed all of a sudden. Had to nap a few hours and still felt groggy/lightheaded for another hour or so afterwards. Feeling much better today with just a touch of soreness near the jab site.
This will be me tomorrow, if the second dose is any indication.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just wanted to jump in and say that the symptoms from my Pfizer booster were far less than they were after my second dose. Felt a little bad/tired, sore arm and a headache but all were at tolerable levels and didn't even phase me at work.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Welp, I was the doctor today (really, the physician assistant), and she had the nurse give me my Covid booster.

No problems so far. In fact I liked it so much, tomorrow I'm going back for another one.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Welp, I was the doctor today (really, the physician assistant), and she had the nurse give me my Covid booster.

No problems so far. In fact I liked it so much, tomorrow I'm going back for another one.
My wife got hers yesterday, no underlying conditions but they gave it to her at Walgreens anyway.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
My wife got hers yesterday, no underlying conditions but they gave it to her at Walgreens anyway.
You mean you found an open Walgreens in California? Based on recent posts by some people, I assumed the locations they didn’t shutter and board up had already been robbed to the bare shelves by now.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I just realized something…

They didn’t make me wait 15 minutes after I got the shot. I was free to go. Don’t people have reactions to the shot anymore? Is that not a thing?

@P_X , you’d be the best person to answer this.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wanted to have a separate thread for this to get feedback on the booster for those who have received it, were the side effects the same, anything else to report? Looks like we're a couple of weeks out but I won't be eligible until December.
Mother in law got hers last weekend. All she complained about was a sore arm that got really stiff (more so than the 2 shots she got earlier in the year). I know a few people who got it because of their job (in medical field) - who are closer to my age who said they really didn't feel much.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

They didn’t make me wait 15 minutes after I got the shot. I was free to go. Don’t people have reactions to the shot anymore? Is that not a thing?

They asked us to wait 15 minutes in the waiting area. Went out of their way to say you don't have to let us know, just leave when you're ready. We waited the 15 minutes, but think others just up and left once they got their shots.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They asked us to wait 15 minutes in the waiting area. Went out of their way to say you don't have to let us know, just leave when you're ready. We waited the 15 minutes, but think others just up and left once they got their shots.
Same here, on the first two they asked to let them know first but this time they just said leave after 15 minutes.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Same here, on the first two they asked to let them know first but this time they just said leave after 15 minutes.
Yeah, for the first two shots, we all had stickers with the time of the shot and even had workers asking to see stickers as we were walking out of the waiting area. When we went with my grandmother to Medgar Evers College, they had tables staffed by the National Guard that were very, very nice but forceful and asking if you were sure you could leave yet?

U

User.45

No idea. Most likely they've forgotten. Did they ask you if you had a reaction at first? It's also possible that the rate of events was so low, they changed the policy. TBH we don't do that with other vaccines so it was most likely unnecessary with the COVID shot, but I don't have the data to really corroborate this (not very motivated to look).

Top Bottom
1 2