Weather

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I hope all of you in the PNW suffering from this heat have a/c.

nope and thats the problem. we have one in our bedroom but thats it.
Yes, this is the case for most there unfortunately, it was never needed and whenever they get a heatwave all the stores sell out of portable units. However, it's never come close to being this hot so it was something you could always tolerate to some degree. The bay area is also facing this same crisis.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I hope all of you in the PNW suffering from this heat have a/c.

I do indeed. But then I just sat around worrying about those who didn't. Well, I took care of those I could. Offered a few the option to come hang out. People got through it. My mom did NOT have the good sense to stay home and went to a funeral, but thankfully that turned out just fine.

Today we're supposed to hit 93. That sounds warm. But it didn't really hit me till this morning. That's 22 degrees cooler than yesterday. I had to do that math on that one a second time since it sounded so outrageous at first. But yeah, 22 degrees cooler!!!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get over having complained just a few weeks ago how unfair it was to have 37ºF temps overnight here in mid-June. Now I'm trying not to complain over what I call a heatwave that tops out at 88ºF today... Still that's a 50-degree difference. I'll be not just happy but very grateful to see things settle back down to mid-70s again with mid-50s overnight.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Anybody on a direct line with Elsa? We're on the east coast, so only expect some extra rain, high-er-ish winds, not any worse than a Nor'easter.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
St. Pete. And my nephew is in Tampa.

Yikes, well, hopefully it'll fizzle out a little, move quickly, they could also bail and head over to Orlando for a couple of days if they were concerned :)

lizkat

Reaction score
... meanwhile the relative calm of just forecasts of severe t'storms, all that stands between me and a really nasty afternoon is a bunch of high hills around us here in the western Catskills south of Oneonta. Eeek... and most of my net provider's servers are located up in various of the currently stormy areas. A tenuous sandwich filling of overcast skies is what we're in at the moment. Well they didn't say tornados or derechos so I'm carrying on as if I'll continue to have electrical power lol.

sandwiched for sure.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Welp... washing down that sandwich now with a few flash floods. Ended up with just a few rolls of thunder but torrential rains.

washed down with a few flash floods.jpg

D

Deleted member 215

Temperatures have been quite mild here in the Bay Area and wildfires have been minimal. But I fear the worst is yet to come given what happened last August and September. And we are still in the midst of the worst drought in my lifetime, the frequency of which is probably only going to increase as time goes on.

Send some of that rain our way. :( It's not likely there will be another drop until November at the earliest and even then it probably won't be much.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yikes, well, hopefully it'll fizzle out a little, move quickly, they could also bail and head over to Orlando for a couple of days if they were concerned :)
My daughter’s a hurricane vet. Never batted an eyelash. I’m just glad it was this week since they closed the Tampa airport and I fly in next Tuesday.

lizkat

Reaction score
Just when I was thinking how cool it is that we slipped through this last round of weirdly extreme weather without even so much as a flicker of our electrical power, the lights unceremoniously just went out tonight for about an hour earlier tonight. Nothing was going on with the weather at the time, so it was rather startling.

Anyway so much for the idea of having some popcorn with a movie. No popcorn, and no movie!

Keeps it simple, I guess. Maybe better luck tomorrow. At least the power came back on soon enough not to have to worry about the state of refrigerated and frozen foods. I do need to get serious about getting a genny hooked up to both my propane supply and my electrical mains. Power outages in the summer are annoying but in winter they can be deadly around here.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Went for my walk at 8:00 this morning and it was already 85 degrees out, it's 106 now and going to be in the 110s for the next several days. 🥵

Top Bottom
1 2