What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I tried to read the novel recently knowing this was coming out and lost interest in it. That's not to say it was a bad book, it just did not click for me, and I know it's considered a Scifi Classic. If the reviews are super, I'll consider giving it a try.:oops:
It’s a brilliant series of books. Because so much of it focuses on “psychohistory” it can be a little dry. But so fascinating!

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am getting fuzzy-brained in my old age. Thought Dopesick was on Netflix. Not picking up Hulu again. So...

And just discovered my AppleTV+ ends today. Have to find the credentials for our free year via T-Mobile for our family account. So I will be without AppleTV+ viewing probably the rest of the weekend. Just gives me more time to read. I'm currently behind ~6 books for my GoodReads 2021 Reading Challenge. I can easily knock off half of that by Sunday night.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yes I agree Invasion picked up the pace, thank god. We’ll have to see how it goes from here.

The shrink looks interesting- maybe in the coming days I’ll give it a shot.

The Shrink has been very entertaining so far, thanks for the reminder @Alli!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You (Netflix 2018 ) Thriller, crime drama, at first felt kind of like Sex in City until the end of the first episode, besides the up front stalking, to get the lay of the land. Two episodes in and it’s holding my attention. :)

11C7C00B-75E3-469A-B4A6-BDED0D0BAC02.jpeg

The Shrink has been very entertaining so far, thanks for the reminder @Alli!

I watched the first 3 episodes… Will Ferrell has really impressed me so far.

The acting is incredible. So much so that I find myself very uncomfortable watching.

What? Will Ferrell… Inconceivable! ;) <- just trying to be funny. Usually I can only take this brand of comedy in small doses. Is this drama?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What? Will Ferrell… Inconceivable! ;) <- just trying to be funny. Usually I can only take this brand of comedy in small doses. Is this drama?
Yes, it is drama. There may be some funny things, but it’s really not a comedy.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
You (Netflix 2018 ) Thriller, crime drama, at first felt kind of like Sex in City until the end of the first episode, besides the up front stalking, to get the lay of the land. Two episodes in and it’s holding my attention. :)

What? Will Ferrell… Inconceivable! ;) QUOTE]

Just like with the Morning Show it seems that the appeal of the Apple TV+ shows to these comedians is that they can play a bit outside of their typical comfort zone.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
@ericwn I don’t see a comment on your previous post.

Interesting and thanks for pointing that out!

Somehow it moved into the quote section on my Tapatalk.

I wrote:

Just like with the Morning Show it seems that the appeal of the Apple TV+ shows to these comedians is that they can play a bit outside of their typical comfort zone.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting and thanks for pointing that out!

Somehow it moved into the quote section on my Tapatalk.

I wrote:

Is the actor a comedian by trade?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watched the first three episodes of the Wheel of Time. Really enjoyed them. I’m glad I never read the series. I’m almost ready to start reading for pleasure again.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Watched the first three episodes of the Wheel of Time. Really enjoyed them. I’m glad I never read the series. I’m almost ready to start reading for pleasure again.

Just on episode 2 and mixed feelings so far. I’ve read most of the books by now and it’s that usual discrepancy from book to tv that annoys me here.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just on episode 2 and mixed feelings so far. I’ve read most of the books by now and it’s that usual discrepancy from book to tv that annoys me here.
That’s why I won’t watch a show or movie based on a book I’ve read, and why I’m so glad I never read this series.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
That’s why I won’t watch a show or movie based on a book I’ve read, and why I’m so glad I never read this series.
I finished the series years ago, but had stalled for a while. I think it’s long enough that detail changes won’t bother me.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I finished the series years ago, but had stalled for a while. I think it’s long enough that detail changes won’t bother me.
I discovered with Dune and Foundation that the proper time between book and movie for me is 35 years. Otherwise the details are too sharp.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score

They certainly introduced the concept of diversity to a group of folks who are all from the same remote village, added Japanese warriors to the Jordan world and added love making, something Jordan was comfortable avoiding where possible.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I discovered with Dune and Foundation that the proper time between book and movie for me is 35 years. Otherwise the details are too sharp.
Ha! It's not quite the same, but I thought there could've been a longer gap between Star Trek TOS and the first ST movie, which ripped off one of the series' own plots.

I've watched all the Foundation episodes except for the finale, and it has grown on me. I also watched Dune '21 on HBO Max today and liked it. (I didn't realize it was available there until today, which was the last day.)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Combine one chop socky movie with a Phillip Marlowe noir film. Add some Jetsons-like touches and a liberal amount of second season Lost in Space (1966) absurdity. Mix in blender until script coherency dissolves.

I apologize in advance to all of you who like this, but that’s what I got out of Cowboy Bebop (Netflix). Somewhere in there is a wry sci-if comedy-adventure struggling to get out, but nothing came together for me.

Top Bottom
1 2