What are you doing today?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I found an iPad Mini 2. :D

Well, not so much found as rediscovered under a pile of documents in the office where I've been cleaning up/out. Screen is mint, back has a little wear, I just logged out of all the services, did a full reset, I'll probably set it up today for hoots, would make a good reader for the evening (vs. the iPad Pro). A search indicates handles up to iOS 12, this was the first Mini with the retina display, it looks terrific, A7 so a little slow, only 16GB, but for my purposes it's a nice find :D

I use mine for reading ebooks, it works great for that. It's also fine for keeping one eye on a ballgame when I'm doing something else with my iPad Pro, like catching up with back issues of The New Yorker.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I found an iPad Mini 2. :D

Well, not so much found as rediscovered under a pile of documents in the office where I've been cleaning up/out. Screen is mint, back has a little wear, I just logged out of all the services, did a full reset, I'll probably set it up today for hoots, would make a good reader for the evening (vs. the iPad Pro). A search indicates handles up to iOS 12, this was the first Mini with the retina display, it looks terrific, A7 so a little slow, only 16GB, but for my purposes it's a nice find :D
Hey, it saves it from a landfill! I'm still reading on my ancient iPad Air (yep, the original). As long as it works, I plan to keep using it.
Enjoy your find!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
4 for 4, holy shit!
Hahahaha, I even put a note in the order, "Please pack carefully, it gets broken every time ..."
View attachment 16619

So I contacted Wallymart, got a refund, less than 5 minutes on a CS chat.

Tried another diet ginger beer from Total Wine, a new one, not terrible, but not great.

Hahahaha, let's try this again, six 4-packs (took it over $35 for free shipping), it's on the way! Will they go 5 for 5 with damaged product?

1661294683084.png

lizkat

Reaction score
Surfing Reddit, is this mean? It seems mean.

No context really, regarding the photo, the portrait, the artist and relationship to couple if any, never mind whether they've seen the portrait. etc. So it's hard to say.

But flattering? No, and who knows what's the message there with how the figures are posed in the portrait.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No context really, regarding the photo, the portrait, the artist and relationship to couple if any, never mind whether they've seen the portrait. etc. So it's hard to say.

But flattering? No, and who knows what's the message there with how the figures are posed in the portrait.
Posted as found, currently sitting at the top of the front page... some of the comments are gold.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My Jr. High nickname was Ol' Five Head! Looks like a couple that posed for a caricature. It's a little extreme, but isn't that expected?

Apparently this is a woman caricature artist in Waikiki, Hawaii, and well known for seriously twisting/taunting her subjects, like you kind of know it's going to be a serious visual roast.

This comment ...

Laughed and said "that's hilarious thank you!" cried in the car

:ROFLMAO:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And she's totally attractive, I find beauty in the diversity of being human, I like big, prominent features, character, lines, hahaha, I'm sure that artist would give me a nose that required two canvases :ROFLMAO:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m headed back across the bay today while hubby stays home with the electricians. I have a late afternoon doctor’s appointment, so I’m meeting friends for lunch before, and then meeting a former student for coffee afterwards. With any luck I’ll remember to stop at CVS on the way home.

lizkat

Reaction score
I’m headed back across the bay today while hubby stays home with the electricians. I have a late afternoon doctor’s appointment, so I’m meeting friends for lunch before, and then meeting a former student for coffee afterwards. With any luck I’ll remember to stop at CVS on the way home.

One of those days you'd not be surprised to run into yourself enroute to next stop! Sounds like renovations at the new digs are proceeding apace. Will be nice to have that in the rear view for sure.

Today I'm lazing around catching up on all the gory or delightful details of NYS elections yesterday...

This was a second round of primaries (first was in June) due to late and court-contested redistricting, and also because there were two separate ballots for some voters, due to special elections --with different rules on who could vote-- to fill vacant House seats in existing districts, with winners taking the seats just between now and January.​
Lot of absentee ballots because having elections in August anyway is supremely stupid, I mean half of NYC checks out on Memorial Day weekend and will be back in October...​
Some mumbling about "I wanted to vote for this guy but he's not even on the ballot, why was he campaigning in my neighborhood?"​
One guy is already the nominee for fall elections in a new district, but was running in an old district to take that House seat until January. Gotta love redistricting.​

Anyway reading details in NY papers and online political sites today is heaven for political junkies. All the housekeeping chores are on back burner for the day; all meals to be fashioned from whatever looks like it will fit in a pita with some hummus to hold it all together.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Voted, local primaries
So I contacted Wallymart, got a refund, less than 5 minutes on a CS chat.

Tried another diet ginger beer from Total Wine, a new one, not terrible, but not great.

Hahahaha, let's try this again, six 4-packs (took it over $35 for free shipping), it's on the way! Will they go 5 for 5 with damaged product?

View attachment 16990

We're going to need to start a deadpool for my ginger beer orders, :ROFLMAO: , less than 4 hours after the IN TRANSIT status, I get this on Fedex:

1661350186697.png

And the Walmart side:

1661350254837.png

But ...

1661350281055.png

o_O o_O o_O

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
A search indicates handles up to iOS 12, this was the first Mini with the retina display, it looks terrific, A7 so a little slow, only 16GB, but for my purposes it's a nice find :D

I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's actually a 64GB model :)

Ordered a simple $10 silicone case, transparent/smoke, that will be here today tomorrow (used Amazon points, so "free"), I wasn't going to spend any money on it, but holy smokes, it is super slippery without a case!

I had several apps at download indicate "Requires iOS<newer>, downloading most recent compatible version", and Amazon gave me a straight up, NOPE. :ROFLMAO: I launched it, a message in the app showed "Requires iOS 13, please use Amazon.com" and it redirected me to the .com in Safari ...

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Tickets acquired :D

Went with the 30-something night frequent fear plus pass, that will cover us for our 5 days mid-October, but heck we might fly down another weekend or two since it's most of Sep and Oct, including Halloween weekend (I think we're doing to go dark this Halloween after almost 20 years of overdoing it ...)

I kept checking the rooms for the Labor day weekend, and *boom*, got a good one, so we're doing another couple of days, and one HHN at the beginning of September :D (Our 2 month pass covers Sept 4th).

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
It’s been a shit couple of weeks and today is another day. My wife’s cousin died of cancer at just 49 and it came very quickly. Her family has started fighting each other over funeral arrangements which is stressing us all out. A work colleague of mine died on Saturday, also of cancer, she was just 43. One of my best mates Dads died of a massive heart attack on Monday night and had only just got home after 2 weeks in hospital. Been comforting my mate as he’s in huge shock.

Can’t wait for the weekend to be honest as I haven’t been at my best lately and probably spent too much time escaping online and not being overly friendly at times. I have to go to a stag do tomorrow which I’d really rather not go, but can’t let a mate down. Oh well, off to work.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s been a shit couple of weeks and today is another day. <snip>

Can’t wait for the weekend to be honest as I haven’t been at my best lately and probably spent too much time escaping online and not being overly friendly at times. <snip>
I’m so sorry. Sounds like the worst month imaginable. Take care of yourself.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s been a shit couple of weeks and today is another day. My wife’s cousin died of cancer at just 49 and it came very quickly. Her family has started fighting each other over funeral arrangements which is stressing us all out. A work colleague of mine died on Saturday, also of cancer, she was just 43. One of my best mates Dads died of a massive heart attack on Monday night and had only just got home after 2 weeks in hospital. Been comforting my mate as he’s in huge shock.

Can’t wait for the weekend to be honest as I haven’t been at my best lately and probably spent too much time escaping online and not being overly friendly at times. I have to go to a stag do tomorrow which I’d really rather not go, but can’t let a mate down. Oh well, off to work.
Tough few days. Try to enjoy your night out. When you have a drink, remember your departed family and colleagues.
At least it’s a long weekend to recover from the headache.

Top Bottom
1 2