What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
But, that is when the sun is out........not (at all) a given at this time of year.

Yesterday, the forecast for today seeemd to suggest that it would be dry; today, there are spitting (albeit, fairly light) showers.

Anyway, a wash done, and unloaded.

A few late Christmas cards arrived this morning.

And - pass the sick bucket, please, for, a parabola of puke is called for - I have just read that the loathsome Stanley Johnson (father of You Know Who, for, as a friend said, succinctly, "black cat, black kitten"), is applying for French citizenship, blandly remarking, "If I understand it correctly, I am French. My mother was born in France, her mother was totally French as was her grandfather. So for me it is about reclaiming what I already have. "

What an absolute shit.
Must run in the family.....!

Had a quick call with my other boss. He's just back from a few weeks in Israel visiting family. Had to fly back sooner than expected (after completing 14 days in isolation) as flights to the UK were being cancelled. I know he was there to visit his family but I'd not be keen to fly anywhere right now. Already been asked if I'm travelling to London next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Must run in the family.....!

Had a quick call with my other boss. He's just back from a few weeks in Israel visiting family. Had to fly back sooner than expected (after completing 14 days in isolation) as flights to the UK were being cancelled. I know he was there to visit his family but I'd not be keen to fly anywhere right now. Already been asked if I'm travelling to London next week.

Decent Brother thinks that it does run in the family, well, that family, and dislikes Stanley almost as much as he detests Boris.

Other Brother becomes almost incoherent with rage when we discuss that topic, (and yes, he cannot abide BJ either).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Listening to music, browsing here (and in The Other Country), checking online news, sipping wine, and reading spicy fish recipes from the Iberian peninsula.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Revising some ungenerous New Year's resolutions...

1. Original resolutions list:

don't buy potato chips, and​
don't binge watch TV shows, and​
don't make home fries to go w/ the eggs on Sundays.​

2. New and improved resolution:

quit making lists, just write down how much more fun you had in 2021 than in 2020.​

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Revising some ungenerous New Year's resolutions...

1. Original resolutions list:

don't buy potato chips, and​
don't binge watch TV shows, and​
don't make home fries to go w/ the eggs on Sundays.​

2. New and improved resolution:

quit making lists, just write down how much more fun you had in 2021 than in 2020.​

Don't make home fries to go with the eggs on Sunday....who in their right mind would even want to make this a New Year resolution?

Now, I can perfectly understand - or relate to - a world where one might not make (or choose to make) home fries to go with eggs every single Sunday.....or, how one might ration the home fries to one Sunday, or, perhaps, two, Sundays per month.....

But, yes, I think that the new, improved list, makes a lot more sense.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice long FaceTime with mother and children. Toast to the new year. Husband and I watched a few episodes of Twilight Zone, and now it’s time to go to bed (since it’s already 2021 in plenty other parts of the world).

Happy New Year everybody!

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Helping to chase a flock of sheep away who have wandered down off the hills to eat our gardens!! Time to sit down and relax.
141dee32a1c9f564da7c7e1d29447f18.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Helping to chase a flock of sheep away who have wandered down off the hills to eat our gardens!! Time to sit down and relax.
141dee32a1c9f564da7c7e1d29447f18.jpg

That reminds me of the goats in Wales who thrilled to the freedom they were afforded by the first lockdown, as they roamed the streets of Llandudno; suburban streets and lawns - and hedges and gardens and shrubs - were irresistible to them.

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
We usually get wild horses in the street and you really don’t want to go near those as they’re not used to people and can be vicious. It’s common to see sheep in small groups but this morning this flock was 35 when I counted. I haven’t seen a farmer around yet looking for them [emoji15].

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We usually get wild horses in the street and you really don’t want to go near those as they’re not used to people and can be vicious. It’s common to see sheep in small groups but this morning this flock was 35 when I counted. I haven’t seen a farmer around yet looking for them [emoji15].
Wild horses?

Fascinating.

I daresay that someone wil claim the sheep soon enough.

lizkat

Reaction score

Here it's one or another small herd of farmed bison that may sometimes leave home turf. No fencing really stops them when they decide to do that, so it's good they rarely do it. They usually get noticed on the back roads or a county road but once in awhile make it out to the state highway and cause local commuters to think they're hallucinating. Local and highly "wrinkled" terrain up here, farther away from the river valleys where they're raised, doesn't really appeal to bison, thank god.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Here it's one or another small herd of farmed bison that may sometimes leave home turf. No fencing really stops them when they decide to do that, so it's good they rarely do it. They usually get noticed on the back roads or a county road but once in awhile make it out to the state highway and cause local commuters to think they're hallucinating. Local and highly "wrinkled" terrain up here, farther away from the river valleys where they're raised, doesn't really appeal to bison, thank god.
I'd rather shoo sheep out of the way than Bison!

lizkat

Reaction score
I'd rather shoo sheep out of the way than Bison!

Yeah, bison don't shoo. You just let them do what they want to do. Last time they got onto the state highway they just wandered amongst the cars for awhile and then threaded their way across to a neighbor's dairy farm where the startled working dogs hustled the regular livestock back down to the barns at 8am which of course alerted the farmer to the fact that "something" was going on. That time it took the bison owners (and some deputy sheriffs) several days to build some sturdy and temporary corrals in the dairy pasture... and then encourage the critters into those with some special veggie treats... and finally to back up some trucks, shrink the corrals into funnel-tunnels lol and so get the animals hauled back to the river valley they live in.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Had a nice, quiet New Year's Eve and at 11:45 turned on the television in order to catch the final moments of 2020 and to welcome in 2021. The beautiful sparkly ball dropped on Times Square and the New Year was cheered in, not by a crowd of thousands, since the public was not allowed to gather there, but rather by an invited, select group of people including off-duty first responders and so on. I sipped my glass of Stella as I waved goodbye to 2020 and smiled a cheery hello to 2021.... Shut off the TV after that, got into bed with my book and my Stella, and eventually it was time to turn off the light and drift off to sleep.

It's a rainy, chilly New Year's Day here, but no matter, no big plans anyway.

Top Bottom
1 2