What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
here is a pic of one of the finished signs.
View attachment 2303

Neat. Are they doing these at all their locations? I see they have several.

Oh, and this o_O

1609548919455.png

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
they say on their website what store have what. I found o0ne ice cream brand that is as good and costs about the same but no lines to buy it in a regular store.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
they say on their website what store have what. I found o0ne ice cream brand that is as good and costs about the same but no lines to buy it in a regular store.

Oh yeah, I was perusing their site, and the store flavors, the one I posted above was available at a few :D

The description ...

Hunks of pillowy, deeply caramelized, chocolate-dipped honeycomb candy get tipsy in vanilla-y & smooth oat milk ice cream that's been spiked with Portland's Eastside Distillery Bourbon.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
went on the first tandem ride of the new year we knew it might rain and planned on it. but it it takes some of the fun out of it. so after 5 miles we decided to head home went to a store got some groceries. on the way home about a mile and a half away on the bike path we get our first flat since we bought the bike. well I have a co2 inflator I tired refilling the tire see if it would last till we got home only to gin I bought the wrong one for that valve. I don't remember but I think I bought the pumps before Ih ad the bike on hand but I don't remember for sure. so I take the tire off and the bad tube only to find my regular air pump is also the wrong one. I debated on trying the roadside service thats included in my bike insurance but I was not sure how long we would have to wait. it was raining lightly and 52 so we just walked the bike back. thew frozen fruit and ice cream did ok though.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not much. Just finished watching some rubbish film with Mrs AFB AFB. Now she is preparing dinner whilst I'm on my Mac browsing. Later I'm sure MOTD will figure if I'm still awake. Some washing up.
What an exciting life I lead!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, just winding down the holidays. Cleaning out (i.e., re-imagining :D) all sorts of left-overs, part of that is to clear out all the unhealthy, fattening - and sure delicious :D - foods and get ready for a major eating/health reset :) I'm looking at going on a serious 90 day burn ...

Some decorations coming down, live tree will be last, we generally keep things up through the new year, and then sort of sync up with yard garbage collection (Monday, so tree will be out Sunday).

Catching up on some code work, listening to a few podcasts - a few end of the year episodes are on hold since they're covering Season 2 of The Mandalorian ... which is also on deck for today! The wife and I are finally on the same episode (S02E04), so will make some bevs, and kick back later and watch.

Also shopping replacement faucets for the kitchen, putting together an Omaha Steaks (and seafood!) order, reviewing some of T's schoolwork (her Python project was awesome, totally got it, just needed a few small logic tweaks).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Dinner is finished. Next up washing up. Have my tea first.

Mine - one of those overcast Saturdays when I am puttering and pottering around the house - has already taken a few hours, and will take a little while longer before it is ready.

But, I expect that it will be very tasty when I do get to sit down and enjoy it.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Enjoying my new M1 MBP as I catch up on forums this afternoon..... Earlier I spent a little time shooting a few photos and later I'll fire up the 15" MBP and get them in there and process the better one(s). I also want to have both machines on so that I can do some comparison checking on some of the settings; I managed to get most of them the way I want them on the new machine but there are a couple which have eluded me so I'll cheat by looking at them on the older machine, see what the differences are and do some tweaking. Both machines are on Big Sur but of course there may still be differences in the settings due to the entirely new processor in the M1.

I also need to get to my usual monthly backups, plus wrapping up the image files for 2020 and putting them into the archival drives for storage and safekeeping.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Mine - one of those overcast Saturdays when I am puttering and pottering around the house - has already taken a few hours, and will take a little while longer before it is ready.

But, I expect that it will be very tasty when I do get to sit down and enjoy it.
Ours was more fuel than enjoyable. But then it usually is.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Mine will be very tasty; but then, I have never subscribed to the idea of food as fuel.

Anyway, it is simmering away nicely, and the rice is being prepared in the rice cooker.
Well given the limited choices open to us it’s rarely anything else. We always cook rice in the microwave. 10 minutes in a glass bowl. Quick rinse and it’s done.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I’m headed to the Asian market if I can ever force myself out of the house. I’m kinda craving cheap noodles with maybe sautéed leek.

I aways think that I will buy only one or two things whenever I am in the Asian store, but always, but always, end up with bags and bags of stuff.

You can never go wrong with Asian noodles; I'm down to my last packet of Japanese ramen, hence, I expect that I shall pay a visit to the Asian store over the coming fortnight.

Sautéed leek goes with absolutely everything; it's brilliant with steak (plus a generous hand with minced garlic, of course).

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I aways think that I will buy only one or two things whenever I am in the Asian store, but always, but always, end up with bags and bags of stuff.

You can never go wrong with Asian noodles; I'm down to my last packet of Japanese ramen, hence, I expect that I shal pay a visit to the Asian store over the coming fortnight.

Sautéed leek goes with absolutely everything; it's brilliant with steak (plus a generous hand with minced garlic, of course).

I’m that way everywhere, but especially at an Asian and the Mexican market (that‘s right next door to it).

My weakness are blue crab when in season. I’ll be in the market for one thing and pass a box filled with the little critters snapping their claws at me like they’re saying, “Keep moving buddy. Just keep moving!” Lol, I’m like...oh yeah! Then toss a dozen of the angriest into a brown paper bag and head to the register. Steamed blue crab with beer. Yum yum.

39C723F7-579A-4C30-8B18-B9395259778F.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2